Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

CHS 6-story office building officially opened Wednesday

From Jacobia Dowell:
Today, we officially cut the ribbon to open CHS (Community Health Systems). CHS was a huge win for our community, county and state. I still remember last year all the chatter when they chose  our Southeast Davidson County location. CHS has paved the way for many new headquarter companies to locate in our community like Bridgestone and LKQ, Inc. There will be more companies soon.  We have great location and an existing pool of highly educated and skilled neighbors.

CHS has a great CEO, Wayne Smith. This was the best ribbon cutting I have attended in my 6 yrs (I have cut a whole lot of ribbons) and the only one I remember a leader really recognizing the employees. The last one I attended everyone still talks about how the program and comments were odd.

We now have almost 10,000 employees/students working in the area. Now we need some restaurants!!

FB_IMG_1506608704202.jpg

FB_IMG_1506608732178.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, LA_TN said:

Workers onsite this morning where the LKQ headquarters building will be constructed

I was told that they have a goal of Aug/Sept 2018 for the completion date. The renderings I saw were nice, but nothing that fancy. Very large parking lot since they are building it out to either support an additional building for themselves, or maybe sell to another company. LS3P is the company designing the building but none of the renderings on their website resemble what the LKQ building will look like. Just know it will have an open environment and when it comes to decoration they are going to try and incorporate the city and the automobile industry

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 1

Two more massive residential developments totaling 1,600 homes planned for Antioch area. David McGowan of Regent Homes pays $10.85 million for 331 acres that he plans on fully building-out as Burkitt Ridge and Carothers Farms in the next 10 years.  Also has an option on another 158 acres adjacent to Carothers Farms. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/10/03/homebuilder-pays-south-davidson-land-zoned-1-600-residences/725607001/

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 9.41.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 9.42.06 AM.png

• Like 1

office.jpg.c4caf76a6a1de3618a001fd645f0a468.jpg

Only picture I have at the moment of LKQ's new office. According to those who spoke at the groundbreaking ceremony, it will be 100K sq ft for around 400 people with the expectations of adding 150 over the next 5 years. It was kinda humorous that Megan Barry spoke so much about public transit at the groundbreaking of a company that sells automotive parts. Not sure if this will be LKQs new HQ, or if it will still be Chicago. Not bad having a $9.5 billion company move to Antioch though. I think the guy mentioned they were 304 on the Fortune 500 list.

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 3