Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

I have driven around the site of "Park at Melrose Heights" twice (the proposed apt complex that might 'open' as condos instead), and it looks like it would be in a flood zone. It is in sort of a basin; the land looks like the lowest point of its surroundings on all sides.  Does anyone think condos here could flood?  I believe the address is 419 Rosedale Ave.

There is an underground spring that use to flood the downstairs of the old Melrose Lanes every time there was a heavy rain. The developer was aware of that when plans were drawn up for the new construction. At one time there was a lake there that was fed by underground streams. It was backfilled in the late 1950's or early 1960's  when they built I-65, and most recently in the 1980's when they added I-440.

• Like 1

Mixed use project slated for old Boot Factory location near the Fairgrounds.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/01/mixed-use-project-coming-to-old.html

I couldn't quite tell by the article if it was to be an adaptive reuse of the factory itself, or if the factory was to be demolished.  Any idea?

From the article:

"There is an existing building being torn down to create more parking and that should begin within a few weeks," Patterson said in an email. "Rehab work on the remaining structure should begin within the next 45-60 days."

Ahh, thank you!  I was reading it on my phone, and somehow I missed that tidbit.

• 2 weeks later...

These town homes are going to have incredible downtown views.  The same guy owns the 13 or 14 triplexes on Archer Street that back up to Rose Park.  This is the controversial park that Belmont upgraded to the tune of 8 million and leases from the city.

http://belmont.prestosports.com/information/facilities/rosepark

These town homes are going to have incredible downtown views.  The same guy owns the 13 or 14 triplexes on Archer Street that back up to Rose Park.  This is the controversial park that Belmont upgraded to the tune of 8 million and leases from the city.

I love the skyline view on the linked page...wow! I have never seen downtown from that vantage point.

I have always loved the view of Downtown coming from 8th ave south towards downtown....the same view from 65S to downtown from the south nashville area.

So I take it this will more than likely be on the South side of Archer. Maybe this will be the start of something great for this area of town.

Sorry guys. Images are copyrighted by "rootARCH" and you do not have permission to repost them. These images were leaked by ProGraphics and that has been corrected. When the developer and sales team are ready and we have submitted drawings to Metro, they will publicize the project. Please remove the images of the project. I will post on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rootarch when I have permission to.

Sorry guys. Images are copyrighted by "rootARCH" and you do not have permission to repost them. These images were leaked by ProGraphics and that has been corrected. When the developer and sales team are ready and we have submitted drawings to Metro, they will publicize the project. Please remove the images of the project. I will post on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rootarch when I have permission to.

I have removed the image. Apologies, I'm not sure if the poster knew this was still deemed "confidential." When you are ready to release, please feel free to reach out.

Well, it appears as if you guys are some of the lucky few that have now seen the design concept! :thumbsup:  We are still frantically working away on the final designs for this modern townhome development.Given the recent sales success on Hawkins Street, just a couple blocks away, we feel that this will be well received. I will post an update when I can...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

There was some demolition drama yesterday on the 12south google group. Apparently the little pink building on 10th (next to the Waverly Belmont School) was torn down on a Sunday with no demo permit and may put the SP zoning in jeopardy. The initial SP zoning included building around the existing structure.

In any case, renderings for the mixed use project are up. To my eyes, it actually looks to be appropriately scaled to the street - 7 apartments, 2 retail spaces, one restaurant.

Edited by 12Mouth

The Demo permit was issued some time ago. I have no idea what the delay was on this project, but I am glad to see it moving forward. They may have just gotten an extension on the permit that was issued, I think mid summer last year.

This particular location has had plans before and they fell through when the recession hit. This project was approved sometime last year, if I remember correctly.

I would love to see a few more developments like this one on 10 South. It will take the linear feel away from the area of 12 South and expand it a little. I would like to see some small retail in this area too. Glad they have some with this project.

Apparently (and this is just from the board - I have not looked it up), the demo permit wasn't actually for the pink building, but for one of the other addresses on the lot. The developers were hoping to have the demo permit by the end of the week (the July permit was not extended) and there was a miscommunication with the demo guy who started prematurely. 

I don't think that this will in any way stop the project from happening - just pissed of some neighbors. It is nice to have this on 10th - particularly with all of the action on 8th. I think that when the school renovation/opening happens, it will bring a bunch of energy down to 10th.