Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, Melrose said:

Some sort of restaurant appears to be moving forward at 1249 Martin Street, the commercial space located in the northern corner of the Six10 Merritt building, next to Diskin Cider.  This space had been listed for lease by its owner through  Village Commercial Real Estate, looks like Village announced on social media that it was leased a few weeks ago.  Not much detail or information at the moment in the building permit (pasted below), maybe some of our journalist friends can help out....

MASTER PERMIT 2015-19587. SHELL PERMIT 2015-52119 THIS PERMIT TO FINISH OUT APPROXE 1968 SQFT FOR CRAFT...RESTAURANT... …………

This was originally supposed to be a Bongo concept (a Fido/Box type) and then talk died off. I think they may be moving forward now. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DMilner said:

This was originally supposed to be a Bongo concept (a Fido/Box type) and then talk died off. I think they may be moving forward now.  

Yea, I think this is the original plan. Not sure of the status right now. The Sq.Footage is about right too.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20848169/bongo-buys-weho-retail-space-preps-plan

• Like 1

Things continue to buzz round the Bento Box development in WeHo/Chestnut  Hill.  Division Street Development is planning an adaptive reuse of a building  at 1420 3rd Ave. South in Chestnut Hill.  A portion of the warehouse structure's center bow-truss structure to be upgraded on the  1.46-acre V-shaped parcel. The property was bought for $2.75 million Division Street has enlisted STG Design to handle the redesign of the existing building, which currently serves as the home of Sanders Industrial Supply Co. That business is slated to move by month’s end.

This is just to the south of the Bento Box micro apartment building (uc.) and adjacent to the just-announced redevelopment of some other warehouse structures by Brad Gulmi a few days ago (see earlier in their thread).

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21040909/fairgroundsarea-building-to-land-major-facelift

Division Street development, Jan 11, 2019, render 1.png

Division Street development, Jan 11, 2019, render 2.png

Division Street development, Jan 11, 2019, render 3.png

Division Street development, Jan 11, 2019, rsite map.png

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, markhollin said:

Illume (4 & 5 stories, 77 condos, and a couple of ground floor retail spaces) at 909 Hawkins St., has released renderings,  The building is already under construction.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21039729/images-released-for-gulcharea-project

The same group is apparently helping develop this and the 806 Olympic project just off 8th.  More renderings for both projects are here:

https://promanas.com/portfolio/developments/

• Like 2

Metro Nashville Public Schools officials want to trade an 11-acre bus depot with a developer to build affordable housing for teachers. 

The rough plan, approved recently by school board's budget committee, is backed by Mayor David Briley, according to his spokesman.

District officials don't yet have specifics, and are now in discussions with developers about how to structure the land swap.

The site being discussed sits on a hill overlooking the city off of Nolensville Pike in South Nashville at 336 Woodycrest Avenue.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/01/14/nashville-mnps-schools-talks-trade-land-affordable-teacher-housing/2547996002/

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, markhollin said:

Metro Nashville Public Schools officials want to trade an 11-acre bus depot with a developer to build affordable housing for teachers. 

The rough plan, approved recently by school board's budget committee, is backed by Mayor David Briley, according to his spokesman.

District officials don't yet have specifics, and are now in discussions with developers about how to structure the land swap.

The site being discussed sits on a hill overlooking the city off of Nolensville Pike in South Nashville at 336 Woodycrest Avenue.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/01/14/nashville-mnps-schools-talks-trade-land-affordable-teacher-housing/2547996002/

We were just discussing this in the office the other day. Talk about the biggest slap in the face for the teachers. So instead of paying them a wage to be able to live in the city (rent or buy). The city wants to spend millions to build homes the teachers "affordable" housing. Why don't they take the money they would use to build the houses, and put that in the teacher wage pool??

Also, that site doesnt really appear to be close to ANY schools. Probably why it has been a bus depot...

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Thanks 1

Say Metro sells the land for $15mil and then it's all affordable housing that seems like a gain for me. 

Spreading $15mil across the 5700 teachers would net them 2600 bucks before taxes. So around an extra 216 a month. 

I'm honestly not sure which is better. Depends how big the overall development is to how many teachers you would help? If you are already priced out of Davidson county is less than 200 a month take home going to help?

Not to mention if you put it back into the pool, some teachers would get more and some would get less, I would think based on seniority. 

Edited by PaulChinetti
Addition
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

We were just discussing this in the office the other day. Talk about the biggest slap in the face for the teachers. So instead of paying them a wage to be able to live in the city (rent or buy). The city wants to spend millions to build homes the teachers "affordable" housing. Why don't they take the money they would use to build the houses, and put that in the teacher wage pool??

Also, that site doesnt really appear to be close to ANY schools. Probably why it has been a bus depot...

I disagree @Bos2Nash 

First off I don't think we can sell land for X amount of money and only give it to certain metro employees, but assuming we could, selling land and giving all that money to teachers does not guarantee that wage increases keep up with the housing price increases. 

Reducing costs for metro employees' largest living expenses (affordable housing, free metro bus passes, etc.) is a better solution than "Raise Taxes" solution. 

• Like 1

So what happens if teachers want to live in a non-government designed house? What happens if they want to live in an area that only a minor pay increase could help? I am not saying sell the land put that money back into the teachers fund, I am saying take the construction money they would spend to build housing that less than the majority would want to live in and pay the teachers (even if it isn't that much, 216 per month is still 2,500 a year more. That's a lot for some and could be two months rent some places). We want our public schools to get better so that children dont have to go to private school for a quality education, we need to invest in the teachers and the schools. Teachers should not be having to spend their tiny paychecks on school supplies. They should be able to spend it on housing where they want to live (or as close to it as possible). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does not sound like metro is selling this property or using any of their own money for the construction of the affordable housing. 

If I am reading this correctly,  once a developer has been selected, metro would deed (quitclaim, etc) the property over to a private development team for the construction of the affordable teacher units (financed privately or maybe with some Barnes fund money). Metro would then likely enter into some type of agreement with the developer (deed restrictions, land use restrictive covenant) that ensures the development is used as intended (affordable rent, limited for MNPS employees, etc) for decades.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

So what happens if teachers want to live in a non-government designed house? What happens if they want to live in an area that only a minor pay increase could help? I am not saying sell the land put that money back into the teachers fund, I am saying take the construction money they would spend to build housing that less than the majority would want to live in and pay the teachers (even if it isn't that much, 216 per month is still 2,500 a year more. That's a lot for some and could be two months rent some places). We want our public schools to get better so that children dont have to go to private school for a quality education, we need to invest in the teachers and the schools. Teachers should not be having to spend their tiny paychecks on school supplies. They should be able to spend it on housing where they want to live (or as close to it as possible). 

I don't speak for teachers, but increasing teachers' paychecks does not always have to be done by increase the money in their paycheck. Reducing their expenses is a way to do that (and I am not saying it is the only way). 

59 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Agreed. But I have to think these are going to be pretty affordable. 

I haven’t seen any pricing or anything though. 

True... that being said, affordable design does not always have to look "affordable"

12 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Too bad they are straight ugly, ‘cause if they were “gay ugly,” they’d be FABULOUS! :tw_glasses:

Image result for wow gif

• Like 1

A mixed-use development that would include 10 residences is being planned for a .63 acre lot at 2080 12th Ave. South, currently home to Southside Community Church. Richard Bacon is the developer and Catalyst Design is handling  civil engineering and land-planning. It goes before Metro Planning on Thursday.  No rendering yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21044638/vertis-lands-final-commercial-tenants

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 4.06.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 4.09.09 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1