smeagolsfree

12S/ 8S/Berry Hill/Belmont/WeHo/Chestnut Hill/Fairgrounds/ S. Nashville/Antioch Projects

Recommended Posts


Fairgrounds Expo Center update.  

Looking south from Wingrove St., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

Fairgrounds Expo Halls, Jan 26, 2019, 1.jpg


Looking SE from Wingrove St., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

Fairgrounds Expo Halls, Jan 26, 2019, 2.jpg


Looking east from Wingrove St., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

Fairgrounds Expo Halls, Jan 26, 2019, 3.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Publix has purchased the land for $10 million for its 3-level store (well, a store on top of 2 levels of parking) just south of downtown just outside of Berry Hill.

https://www.supermarketperimeter.com/articles/3183-publix-purchases-nashville-site-for-10-million

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Post has it yesterday morning.:tw_wink:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize someone had already posted about this yesterday here at urbanplanet.  I must've missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tanger Factory Outlets have announced the size of their outdoor mall at Century Farms.  It will be 280,000 sq. ft.  

It's too early to say what retailers might sign leases with Tanger. In its press release, Tanger said it had started the "early due diligence process," a level of study that normally follows the point when a buyer signs a contract to purchase real estate.

"We intend to adhere to our longstanding underwriting discipline and will not break ground until at least 60 percent of the project is leased," the company said. 

Company executives may say more on a Feb. 14 earnings call with analysts.


More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/13/tanger-outlets-reveals-details-about-nashville.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FairPark is all done, it flooded like crazy this past week when we had all the rain. Nothing looks damaged from what I can tell though. Once the grass comes in along Brown Creek I imagine that will help a lot with erosion.

The expo buildings site. Hard to get a sense of scale, until you see the little group of workers in the top left section of the slab. I'm still not sure where Walsh road is going to go?

Also Alloy Hill in the background.

*Click for a much less blurry view, not sure I ever realized that. 

FairPark_Feb_2019.jpg

ExpoBuildings_Feb_2019.jpg

36 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

The bottom of that hill is a pond anytime it rains hard, Metro is going to have to do some serious water management down there or there is going to be some more flooded people down there anytime it storms.

Edited by PaulChinetti
addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

The bottom of that hill is a pond anytime it rains hard, Metro is going to have to do some serious water management down there or there is going to be some more flooded people down there anytime it storms.

Are you saying where the expo center is going, or where the new apartments (article I posted) are going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Are you saying where the expo center is going, or where the new apartments (article I posted) are going?

Sorry yeah where the apartments are going. UP merged my replies. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Tanger Factory Outlets have announced the size of their outdoor mall at Century Farms.  It will be 280,000 sq. ft.  

It's too early to say what retailers might sign leases with Tanger. In its press release, Tanger said it had started the "early due diligence process," a level of study that normally follows the point when a buyer signs a contract to purchase real estate.

"We intend to adhere to our longstanding underwriting discipline and will not break ground until at least 60 percent of the project is leased," the company said. 

Company executives may say more on a Feb. 14 earnings call with analysts.


More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/13/tanger-outlets-reveals-details-about-nashville.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

They talk very kindly of Nashville!

Tanger Outlet - Press Release

Future Development

The Company has commenced the early due diligence process for the future development of a new Tanger Outlet Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Once complete, the center is planned to have approximately 280,000 square feet of gross leasable area.

The Nashville MSA is home to approximately 1.9 million people and represents one of the top growth markets in the country. It is also a popular tourist destination. Over 14.5 million travelers visited Nashville for business and leisure in 2017 which is nearly a 70% increase from 10 years prior. Tanger's planned center is located near downtown and has direct highway visibility. Importantly, it is immediately adjacent to a new full interchange currently under construction and is within a mixed-use development that will be home to multiple large businesses and residential communities.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metro PlanningCommission has deferred voting on a zoning change until Feb. 28th for the 8 story mixed-use complex to be called Novel Edgehill at 801 12th Ave. South.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21047577/vote-deferred-on-project-eyed-for-edgehill

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 1.58.58 PM.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, titanhog said:

Too bad that land just west of this isn't available.  Would add some much-needed room and make having this, racing, the soccer stadium and state fair more feasible.

Or relocating Fall Hamilton Elementary School along Wedgewood Avenue and utilizing that land for parking and other uses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 5:36 AM, Nash_12South said:

For comparison, Lebanon Outlet Marketplace is 228,000 sf, Opry Mills is 1.2 million sf.

So nothing like Sevierville or Southaven in terms of size?  Maybe smaller is better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carter Group Building (3 stories,  27,000 sq. ft. of office space) update.  Superstructure topped out.

Looking SE from Hagan St., 1/2 block south of Chestnut St.:

Carter Group Building, Feb 8, 2019, 1.jpg


Looking NE from Hagan St., 1/2 block north of Merritt Ave:

Carter Group Building, Feb 8, 2019, 2.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8th & Argyle (3 & 4 stories, 12 units) update.  Complete.

Looking NE from intersection of 8th Ave. South and Argyle Ave:

8th & Argyle, 8th Ave Place, Feb 7, 2019.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.