smeagolsfree

12S/ 8S/Berry Hill/Belmont/WeHo/Chestnut Hill/Fairgrounds/ S. Nashville/Antioch Projects

Recommended Posts

KIPP Academy Charter School in at 3655 Murfreesboro Pike in Antioch is underway.  It will be a 2 story, 31,000 sq. ft. building. D.F. Chase is handling the construction, with a $5.5 million permit just landed.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21047601/permit-patrol-18-february-2019
 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Some kind of work is going on at the old pawn shop next to ML Rose. 

It's been closed for a LONG time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayor Briley’s administration has approved a request for an additional $5 million for the ongoing fairgrounds transformation, bringing that price tag up to $37.6 million. This is to meet an aggressive schedule to get the new expo buildings done by June, so the demo can begin on the existing structures where the soccer stadium will be located.  All of this will lead to that stadium being ready by the 2021 season.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/02/18/nashvilles-fairgrounds-construction-budget-increases-meet-aggressive-schedule/2905225002/

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Mayor Briley’s administration has approved a request for an additional $5 million for the ongoing fairgrounds transformation, bringing that price tag up to $37.6 million. This is to meet an aggressive schedule to get the new expo buildings done by June, so the demo can begin on the existing structures where the soccer stadium will be located.  All of this will lead to that stadium being ready by the 2021 season.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/02/18/nashvilles-fairgrounds-construction-budget-increases-meet-aggressive-schedule/2905225002/

Just means that metro employees definitely won’t get a raise again this year. Money keeps going here and there and they just seem to forget about the employees that keep this city running. 

Edited by Buildtall
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The extra $5 million from the city didn’t need approval from Metro Council because it is drawing from a 2017 contingency fund. 

"Contingency funds are routinely budgeted in capital spending plans and allocated to projects that require additional resources as they are needed," Briley spokesman Thomas Mulgrew said in a statement to the Tennessean."

Reads like this money comes from a different bucket. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

"The extra $5 million from the city didn’t need approval from Metro Council because it is drawing from a 2017 contingency fund. 

"Contingency funds are routinely budgeted in capital spending plans and allocated to projects that require additional resources as they are needed," Briley spokesman Thomas Mulgrew said in a statement to the Tennessean."

Reads like this money comes from a different bucket. 

Yeah but it’s budgeted to that bucket, there are many buckets it could have been budgeted for. It just gets to be a broken record when every year it’s “oh we just don’t have the money” but then money just seems to be found to throw at other projects. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2021 Beech Ave. Townhomes (2 buildings, 3 stories, 10 units) update.  Both topped out. Brick work underway.

Looking west from Beech Ave., 1/2 block north of South Douglas Ave:

2021 Beech Ave Townhomes, Feb 7, 2019.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Novel Edge Hill's plans have altered to fit into views of several neighborhood groups, and will now be 5 & 4 stories, with 270 units, a 9,000 sq. ft. commercial space, a pool, and 4 private courtyards.  The address is 801 8th Ave. South, sitting on 2.7 acres that currently houses Park Center, a mental illness and substance abuse recovery clinic. 

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21047764/images-released-for-proposed-gulcharea-project

 

Novel Edgehill, Feb 18, 2019, render 1.png

Novel Edgehill, Feb 18, 2019, render 2.png

Novel Edgehill, Feb 18, 2019, render 3.png

 

This screenshot from Smaegolsfres's excellent development map shows the development highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.37.42 AM.png

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/20/exclusive-new-craft-cocktail-bar-headed-to-trendy.html

“A health care M&A expert is readying to open a "craft cocktail … gastropub" in one of Nashville's trendiest areas. 

Marcus Capehart, a senior consultant with Deloitte, hopes to open Craft (stylized CRAFT) at 1249 Martin St. this spring.”

 

Well hell, looks like Sassafras went bankrupt. Kinda plopped that in the bottom of the article. 

Edited by PaulChinetti
Addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

What were the plans altered from? I assume they made them shorter?

I am confused as to what the 801 8th Ave S address is for?

The address is 801 12th Ave S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 11:33 AM, markhollin said:

KIPP Academy Charter School in at 3655 Murfreesboro Pike in Antioch is underway.  It will be a 2 story, 31,000 sq. ft. building. D.F. Chase is handling the construction, with a $5.5 million permit just landed.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21047601/permit-patrol-18-february-2019
 

380130338_20190219_11382801.thumb.jpg.3124720fc48c5e6bb5a23c533448e46e.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/20/exclusive-new-craft-cocktail-bar-headed-to-trendy.html

“A health care M&A expert is readying to open a "craft cocktail … gastropub" in one of Nashville's trendiest areas. 

Marcus Capehart, a senior consultant with Deloitte, hopes to open Craft (stylized CRAFT) at 1249 Martin St. this spring.”

 

Well hell, looks like Sassafras went bankrupt. Kinda plopped that in the bottom of the article. 

I had to click to see which "trendy area".   We have a few.    It's going in The Finery in Wedgewood Houston.  

Always welcome a good "craft cocktail...gastropub", but not crazy about the name since it is confusingly similar to my favorite place, Craft Brewed in Melrose.     More pub than gastro.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homes at 12th & Douglas (3 stories, 4 units) update. Brick work finished, being painted.

Looking SE from 12th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of S. Douglas Ave:

12th & Douglas Townhomes, Feb 8, 2019, 1.jpg


Looking NE from intersection of 12th Ave. South and S. Douglas Ave:

12th & Douglas Townhomes, Feb 8, 2019, 2.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/20/exclusive-new-craft-cocktail-bar-headed-to-trendy.html

“A health care M&A expert is readying to open a "craft cocktail … gastropub" in one of Nashville's trendiest areas. 

Marcus Capehart, a senior consultant with Deloitte, hopes to open Craft (stylized CRAFT) at 1249 Martin St. this spring.”

 

Well hell, looks like Sassafras went bankrupt. Kinda plopped that in the bottom of the article. 

We really need more of a casual restaurant. I was hoping for more of a 12 South Taps concept. We have Corsair, Nashville Craft, Diskin, Hemingway’s, and Bastion to grab cocktails. There’s nowhere to grab a cheap burger. I think this place may miss the mark. 

I’m sad about Sassafras, but I’m not surprised. It took them over 8-9 months to open past their announced launch date. Their deli side was quite good (if a bit overpriced), but the market side was pretty useless. They tried too hard to carry non-essentials. A neighborhood market should keep me from running to Kroger when I need a few items and they were not that. I knew there was trouble when eggs there jumped to $5.50 and bacon to over $9. I’ve heard a couple rumblings on another shop taking over the space. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/05/09/brothers-plan-restaurant-in-trendy-wedgewood.html

(I'm over my limit for the month) This place is nearing completion on Houston street. I will get a picture later, I finally noticed it the other day as they have put up new wood fencing. 

@DMiller hopefully this place will be like that, just a nice little neighborhood joints, it's small. Yeah Sassafrass was pricey and probably a year or two ahead of the time. 

Edited by PaulChinetti
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.