Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

For the most part, alone among Nashvillians, I actually like the tall and skinny’s. They provide tons of square footage in a small footprint that maximizes density, thus helping to create more walkable communities without sacrificing comfort. That being said, this thing is hideous. 3 levels of pastic siding and a random 2 foot square balcony directly above a full size deck? Abomination. 

• Like 4

I'm just going to assume this house has alternating tread staircases.  Standard tread staircases would take up most of the space.  Also, is that the front or back of the house?  If it's the front they could have done decks that run across the front on all levels to balance the look (like some of the homes in Germantown).  It would have also given the appearance of more depth.  Of course the lower deck should have had a centered stairway and not that side facing staircase making it look like a deck leading down to a back yard.  If that is the front of the house I feel for the neighbors... that is going to be a party deck spring, summer and fall....

It's builders that build homes like this that make you either love their quirkiness or want an HOA... LOL

A permit valued at $15.5 million has been granted for Twelfth & Wedgewood, which will be 3 and 4 stories tall in various sections and offer 153 units. Groundbreaking is imminent.  Southeast Venture is the architect, Bascar Construction will do the labor, and Elmington Group is the developer.  The render was listed on this thread last week, but as a reminder, here it is again:

Twelfth & Wegewood Apts, Dec 15, 2017 render.png

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Soooooo.... that belonged to the tiny, tall 'n skinny house we've been talking about...?? Weird.

Yup sure was. Quite strange. 

I’m sure it’s just a  coincidence (post MLS announcement), but Public Works is out picking up trash on Craighead today. I haven’t seen them do that ever I don’t think. 

• Like 2

"Meanwhile, erosion control work has begun on the southern end of the Fairgrounds near Browns Creek. This location ultimately will serve as park space to include a dog park and multipurpose fields with reinforced turf that will double as flea market and event parking."

Well that's what's going on on the south side of the fairgrounds.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Probably not a good thing. 

Edit: pretty generous picture of the field. 

I don't doubt for a second that there are some "back-room" dealings going on within Metro.  There's no other plausible explanation (IMO) for some of the choices they've been making on who is getting these high profile projects on city-owned land.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, titanhog said:

I don't doubt for a second that there are some "back-room" dealings going on within Metro.  There's no other plausible explanation (IMO) for some of the choices they've been making on who is getting these high profile projects on city-owned land.

This project is in trouble and it looks like Colby Sledge may have a problem or two himself. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

This project is in trouble and it looks like Colby Sledge may have a problem or two himself. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

I agree the project is in trouble, but as a Wedgewood-Houston resident, I dont think Colby has a problem.  He has been on the record for years, even prior to his time as a councilman for what he and the neighborhood wanted for the Greer Site.      

From 2014 http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/05/20/new-vision-wedgewood-houston/9351861/  

Another critical factor in the area's development is what happens to the Tennessee State Fairgrounds and to Greer Stadium, which the Nashville Sounds will leave next year for the ballpark being built at Sulphur Dell in North Nashville. Colby Sledge, a member of SNAP, said that, based on what he has heard, neighbors would like to see Greer Stadium remain public land and want to be a part of the conversation about the future of that site.

And again in early 2017

http://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/2017/05/17/councilman-colby-sledge-its-time-listen-wedgewood-houston/328325001/

If these groups and others would listen to residents, it wouldn’t take long to figure out what we’re asking for. They’re the same things that come up time and again: Parks space we can use. Housing we can afford. Businesses we can work at and patronize. Sidewalks that are actually, well, there.

We even got together a few years ago and drew up a blueprint for it, as part of what we called the Neighborhood Council for Affordable Living. I hand it to developers asking for zoning changes and additional entitlements. There are expectations and negotiations.

Like anywhere else, there is power in organizing. After our community meetings on Greer Stadium, residents’ feedback went in the Metro request, to the credit of Mayor Barry and her administration.

-- In my view, the Cloud Hill team listened to what Colby and Wedgewood-Houston residents said they wanted and that is why Cloud Hill won out.   In hind sight, the hearings for proposals should not have been behind closed doors.  Any debate could have happened in public  and the Cloud Hill proposal could be seen for what it is,  a compromise between the opposing desires for more usable park space and economic development.