smeagolsfree

12S/ 8S/Berry Hill/Belmont/WeHo/Chestnut Hill/Fairgrounds/ S. Nashville/Antioch Projects

Recommended Posts

Former Starwood Amphitheater site, soon to be redeveloped as Starwood Town Center (see previous page of this thread for more details):

 

Starwood Amphitheater site.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Family Justice Center/Metro Police HQ (4 and 2 stories) update.

Looking north from intersection of Murfreesboro Rd. and Cleveland Ave: 

Family Justice Center, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg


Looking NE from intersection of Murfreesboro Rd. and Cleveland Ave: 

Family Justice Center, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg


Looking NW from just east of intersection of Murfreesboro Rd. and Foster Ave:

Family Justice Center, Feb 10, 2018, 3.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Family Justice Center/Metro Police HQ (4 and 2 stories) update.

Family Justice Center, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

This building makes a commanding presence on Murfreesboro Rd

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I (2 buildings, 4 stories, 94 units) update.

Looking NW from Heron Drive:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg


Looking north from Heron Drive:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg


Looking north from west side of project:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I, Feb 10, 2018, 3.jpg

 

Looking south from west side of project:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I, Feb 10, 2018, 4.jpg


Pool area on west side:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I, Feb 10, 2018, 5.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I (2 buildings, 4 stories, 94 units) update.

Looking NW from Heron Drive:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase I, Feb 10, 2018, 5.jpg

Is that a rooftop pool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2018 at 4:31 AM, markhollin said:

Former Starwood Amphitheater site, soon to be redeveloped as Starwood Town Center (see previous page of this thread for more details):

 

Starwood Amphitheater site.png

Even though it was terrible to get out to I still have an extreme hate for those "developers" who stole 10 years worth of concerts from us and didn't even develop the land!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s pretty desolate out there.  Very strange to me that  it was out there to begin with  I was trying to read more about it, how did it end up out there back in the day?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

Even though it was terrible to get out to I still have an extreme hate for those "developers" who stole 10 years worth of concerts from us and didn't even develop the land!

Starwood closed because of dismal ticket sales after Nashville (now Bridgestone) Arena opened

That property (and the surrounding community) has been begging for a developer ever since. The current proposal is the third in ten years. There is a medical office building under construction on the diagonal corner of Hobson Pk & Murfreesboro Pk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Citadel Self Storage ( 5 stories) update.  Nearly complete.

Looking SE from Fesslers Lane overpass of I-24/40:

Citadel Storage, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg


Looking NE from Fesslers Lane, 1/2 block north of Elm Hill Pike:

Citadel Storage, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

It’s pretty desolate out there.  Very strange to me that  it was out there to begin with  I was trying to read more about it, how did it end up out there back in the day?

There's a page for it on Wikipedia that has some really good background info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, LA_TN said:

Starwood closed because of dismal ticket sales after Nashville (now Bridgestone) Arena opened

That property (and the surrounding community) has been begging for a developer ever since. The current proposal is the third in ten years. There is a medical office building under construction on the diagonal corner of Hobson Pk & Murfreesboro Pk

I'd be fine with that statement if they had actually developed the land back when they acquired it but instead they demolished it, the recession hit, they didn't develop it and it has sat vacant for a decade+.

It is a fact that Nashville has been passed over for certain concerts because we haven't had a 15K+ outdoor shed for bands to play at.  If you look back at the thread I started pre-Ascend Amphitheater you will see I was calling for a venue with a minimum of 15k seats.  I'm thankful for Ascend but we still get passed over for certain shows because we lack a venue of acceptable size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walden Woods (4 stories, 150 units) update.  Complete and open.

Looking east from Woodard Ave:

Walden Woods, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg

 

Looking south along Woodard Ave:

Walden Woods, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

 

Looking SE from Woodard Ave:

Walden Woods, Feb 10, 2018, 3.jpg

 

Looking south along Parris Ave:

Walden Woods, Feb 10, 2018, 4.jpg

 

Looking NE from Parris Ave:

Walden Woods, Feb 10, 2018, 5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know the pricing for apartments at Walden Woods? Seems like a good idea to build more like this. Close to downtown and not high, high end like so many we've seen built in the core.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase II (2 buildings, 3 stories each, 10 units) update.  Topped out.

Looking north from Herron Drive:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase II, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking east from Herron Drive:

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase II, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Alloy Tech Hill, Phase II, Feb 10, 2018, 3.jpg


Rendering looking north:

Alloy Tech Hill render.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LKQ Headquarters20180224_163039.thumb.jpg.842ea1d0170d07d4a67511e41dfa2f01.jpg

**505 CST and downtown are clearly visible between the (distant) American flag and the crane (below the airplane that just took off from BNA)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what is going in at 446 Humphreys in WeHo.  My guess is a townhouse cluster. 

Looking south from alley between Houston and Humphreys:

446 Humphries, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg

 

Looking north from Humphreys, 1/2 block east of Martin St:

446 Humphries, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Diskin Cider rehab of the warehouse  at 1235 Martin St. in WeHo for their new cidery is nearly complete.

Looking NW from Martin St. 1/2 block north of Merritt Ave:

Diskin Cider, Feb 10, 2018.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wedgewood Rains Townhomes, Phase I (3 stories, 6 units) update.

Looking SW from intersection of Wedgewood Ave. and Rains Ave:
 

Wedgewood Rains Townhomes, Feb 10, 2018.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 9:02 AM, markhollin said:

Not sure what is going in at 446 Humphreys in WeHo.  My guess is a townhouse cluster. 

Looking south from alley between Houston and Humphreys:

446 Humphries, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg

 

Looking north from Humphreys, 1/2 block east of Martin St:

446 Humphries, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Correct. I believe four townhomes are going in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.