Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

I was sitting at the red light in front of it today and I actually liked it. It’s different and it gets your attention.  I can’t wait to see it finished with the landscaping. Some colorful plants  will pop against the dark exterior. Go see it in person before you judge it and also remember the run down building that was there before. 

• Like 4

I think some people don't like dark colors. I know people who think the new LifeWay building looks ugly because of the dark colors used

Waiting for the final product, but I think this is very impressive to see driving down Murfreesboro Pike

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Thanks for the updates Mark. It helps when I try to update the development map. There are a lot of projects that have started and or finished, I just cant keep up.

And I really appreciate the work you put into that development map, smeags. I look at it all the time. It’s such a treasure trove of information.

Ive been meaning to ask, would it be a ton of work for you to update it with some of the big Williamson and Rutherford projects, specifically cool springs? I can’t keep up with the amount of projects that are planned down there, and the development map helps that bigtime. If it’s a lot of work or a ton of trouble really don’t worry about it, but I just figured I’d ask to see what yours or anyone else’s thoughts are on it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Thanks for the updates Mark. It helps when I try to update the development map. There are a lot of projects that have started and or finished, I just cant keep up.

You're welcome, Ron.  It is overwhelming at times how much is going on in our 'lil burg.   Like Pdt2f, I sure appreciate your hard work on the development map, as I refer to it numerous times a day. 

For those who have never checked it out (you can zoom in, click on various projects, and learn all the essentials, etc.), you can do so here:

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/development-maps/nashville-development-map/

• Like 1

1702 8th Ave. South (just south of The Basement building) is coming down.  A new structure is going to replace it as home to Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and will be open in October. This will replace the Enterprise location at 606 Lafayette in SoBro.

More info at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21010454/enterprise-rentacar-eyed-for-grimeys-too-parcel

Looking east from 8th Ave. South, 1/2 block south of Alloway St. (the new construction to the right is the 8th & Argyle apartment complex):

1700 & 1702 8th Ave South demo, June 16, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from the alley behind The Basement:

1700 & 1702 8th Ave South demo, June 16, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 3

According to fans of the speedway, it makes money hand over fist. 13k in bills doesn't seem like that much, how are they not paying that??

I have no problem with it being there. If they can't pay their bills that is a whole other problem that needs to be addressed. 

11 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

According to fans of the speedway, it makes money hand over fist. 13k in bills doesn't seem like that much, how are they not paying that??

I have no problem with it being there. If they can't pay their bills that is a whole other problem that needs to be addressed. 

Does anyone know average attendance there? I have a lot of trouble believing they are turning a profit.