Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

From Colby on Facebook about the car museum  

"Colby Sledge I'm gonna spoil this one right now. 

A local philanthropist came to the city ages ago about a potential car museum, using his personal collection, which apparently is impressive. Fairgrounds and Metro reps looked into it, had some discussions, and that's been it. 

Nancy has an email from November of last year where they were discussing it. I've seen it, and it's the most anodyne communication you could imagine. Back in November, Metro officials let me know they were having the discussions, and I think my response was something along the lines of, "Cool. Sounds interesting." 

I followed up with two different Metro sources after Nancy started sending it around (and didn't ask to talk to me, despite me sitting literally 25 feet from her for 15 minutes as she waited to ambush a Metro employee). They said that's the whole story. This is literally an "investigation" built on an email about a proposal, the types of which come to Metro offices all the time. (Also, I stand by my previous descriptions of the idea as "cool" and "interesting.")"

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DMilner said:

I believe these have a basement level. 

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

On the other side are drive-in garages at the bottom level. 

Then, by definition, they are 3 stories - as counted from the address (or front door). Otherwise, 505 would be a 57 story tower. Basement or bottom level (anything below grade) does not count 

A 3 story, 9 townhome project for Waverly Belmont neighborhood at 2021 Beech Ave.  will break ground soon and be completed by spring of 2019.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21018502/townhome-project-starts-near-wedgewood-eighth-intersection

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 3.20.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 3.21.00 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Development Map shows the property in magenta at center of the frame  listed as "Townhome Project."

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 3.25.14 PM.png

• Like 1

The 83 Freight residential project (3 & 4 stories, 83 shipping container modular units) at 429-431 Wingrove St. and 2150 Byrum Ave. in WeHo right next to the Fairgrounds will finally get underway in mid-September. 

More info at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21018496/weho-shipping-container-project-t

83 Freight, WeHo, Aug 17, 2018, render 1.png

83 Freight, WeHo, Aug 17, 2018, render 2.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellentDevelopment Map shows the site in the center of the frame in teal listed as "83 Freight."

83 Freight, WeHo, Aug 17, 2018, render 3.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

The 83 Freight residential project (3 & 4 stories, 83 shipping container modular units) at 429-431 Wingrove St. and 2150 Byrum Ave. in WeHo right next to the Fairgrounds will finally get underway in mid-September. 

More info at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21018496/weho-shipping-container-project-t

83 Freight, WeHo, Aug 17, 2018, render 1.png

83 Freight, WeHo, Aug 17, 2018, render 2.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellentDevelopment Map shows the site in the center of the frame in teal listed as "83 Freight."

83 Freight, WeHo, Aug 17, 2018, render 3.png

I don’t get the shipping container fad. It kinda makes sense in port cities, where those things are literally piled up everywhere. But in Nashville, it’s just silly. 

8 minutes ago, nashvillwill said:

I don’t get the shipping container fad. It kinda makes sense in port cities, where those things are literally piled up everywhere. But in Nashville, it’s just silly. 

I guess my question is whether or not this is a cheaper way to build.  If it's way cheaper to use shipping containers, I can see how it's a cool fad.  If it's just "hey look, I live in a shipping container"...then yes, it's silly.

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Isn't it a cheap alternative to new housing from the ground up?  I look at them and think it's a cheaper way... affordable housing if you will. Is that totally wrong? 

It isn’t if they price it accordingly. If it’s still $2500 a month for a one bedroom then it’s simply “affordably built” housing.