Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

San Fran based clothier Marine Layer will be the first retailer moving into the space at 2705 12th Ave. South that had been occupied by Corner Music for so long.  They will have 2,100 sq. ft. of the 1,090 available.  No word yet on other tenants.    

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21019121/12south-lands-san-francisco-clothing-retailer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DDIG said:

No idea what is going there but Royal Cleaners in the middle of 12S (by Urban Grub) called me (as a customer) to say they were closing end of the month. They claimed somebody bought the site.

Places like that I always thought they owned the property, otherwise how have they been there that long?

It would be nice to see the development that takes it place, incorporate the dry cleaners into it. This building in Green Hills behind Corner Pub comes to mind.

GreenHills.png

I was walking along lenox village storefronts recently and noted that a build out of one of the spaces was going on.  One of the workers told me it was for The Pharmacy restaurant.  There's nothing on their website about it.  Anyone corroborate or have any info on this?

2 hours ago, shanky said:

I was walking along lenox village storefronts recently and noted that a build out of one of the spaces was going on.  One of the workers told me it was for The Pharmacy restaurant.  There's nothing on their website about it.  Anyone corroborate or have any info on this?

I just found out the answer to this.  It's not the The Pharmacy burger and beer parlor that's opening there, but an actual pharmacy.  Signage must've gone up in the last day or two

33 minutes ago, shanky said:

I just found out the answer to this.  It's not the The Pharmacy burger and beer parlor that's opening there, but an actual pharmacy.  Signage must've gone up in the last day or two

My heart has been broken. I was so excited to read your first post but was skeptical since we already have a Burger Republic and the new "ish" growler place. Not to mention businesses only come here to die. 

I have heard a coffee shop is opening up as well. The ice cream store, that opened I believe just this year, is closing. 

Royal Cleaners at 2500 12th Ave. South, in the heart of the 12 South District, is closing by month's end.  No word on if the owners are selling the property, or what may replace them on the highly valuable site.  This has been my go-to dry cleaners for nearly two decades, but I've noticed their business has really slowed down in the past few years.  There is another dry cleaners on 8th Ave. South less than a mile away. 

Curious to see what transpires on this site next.

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21019471/12south-service-business-mainstay-to-close

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 3.48.10 PM.png

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

Royal Cleaners at 2500 12th Ave. South, in the heart of the 12 South District, is closing by month's end.  No word on if the owners are selling the property, or what may replace them on the highly valuable site.  This has been my go-to dry cleaners for nearly two decades, but I've noticed their business has really slowed down in the past few years.  There is another dry cleaners on 8th Ave. South less than a mile away. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21019471/12south-service-business-mainstay-to-close

I drove past this just yesterday, wondering about the possibilities of what it could become!! No doubt will add to the vibrancy of the pedestrian-heavy street.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 3:53 PM, markhollin said:

Used to go there all the time because it was so convenient.  Now, the cleaners pick up and drop off at my condo building - even more convenient.

Marcus Smith of Bristol Motor Speedway is in meetings about wanting to bring NASCAR back to the Fairgrounds Racetrack.   I can't see NASCAR being truly serious about this unless the capacity was upped from 10,000 to at least 40,000 (most NASCAR tracks are in the 80,000-120,000 range)...and I'm just not sure the footprint of the track would allow for that.  Additionally, with the MLS Stadium and other new construction on the fairgrounds,  I'm not sure if there would be enough additional infrastructure space, parking etc.  Those complaining about congestion and noise would REALLY be up in arms.  

One would think that if NASCAR was truly serious about this market, they would've been all over the Nashville Super Speedway out in Wilson County---which is now just gathering weeds.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/08/28/nascar-nashville-fairgrounds-bristol-speedway/1120922002/

55 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Marcus Smith of Bristol Motor Speedway is in meetings about wanting to bring NASCAR back to the Fairgrounds Racetrack.   I can't see NASCAR being truly serious about this unless the capacity was upped from 10,000 to at least 40,000 (most NASCAR tracks are in the 80,000-120,000 range)...and I'm just not sure the footprint of the track would allow for that.  Additionally, with the MLS Stadium and other new construction on the fairgrounds,  I'm not sure if there would be enough additional infrastructure space, parking etc.  Those complaining about congestion and noise would REALLY be up in arms.  

One would think that if NASCAR was truly serious about this market, they would've been all over the Nashville Super Speedway out in Wilson County---which is now just gathering weeds.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/08/28/nascar-nashville-fairgrounds-bristol-speedway/1120922002/

Not too mention nascars popularity has been diving. I doubt further expansion is on their list.

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

1 hour ago, samsonh said:

Not too mention nascars popularity has been diving. I doubt further expansion is on their list.

Eldora Speedway is one of the newest tracks on the national circuit and they only have 17,782 permanent seats (according to their website), so I could see them adding to the capacity very easily to get that. Also, just because SMI is interested in the speedway does not mean that the national levels would be looking to come in (although I would LOVE to see that and that would prolly be an end goal). Nascar has several lower level driving series such as K&N East/West, Whelen Modified, ARCA (recently acquired), and the Home Track series that could have interest incoming to a legendary speedway.

The parking issue with the speedway is going to be in the same breath as the stadium anyways, so it is not hurting anything to have the conversations. I have seen it many times before where the agreements and zoning go into place, and then a major element changes, Parking is the key piece of this project that will change. The city and developers will NEED to address this issue moving forwards (even though it is nowhere near an insurmountable task)

NASCAR is really suffering in popularity the same way many sports are. Attendance is down, but revenue continues to climb (over 40% last year I believe). I have been a fan for over 20 years and even though I don't like all the changes the sport has made, I am still following it. It is known that short tracks and road courses are the more popular venues and would bring Nascar back to its roots and slowly they may be listening.

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 4