Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

3 minutes ago, Rockatansky said:

This. I ate there for the first time in a decade not long ago and I don't understand the appeal.

As far as fast food goes, it's quality every time...you're treated kindly...and you know what you're getting without fail.  It's just quality fast food...if there is such a thing (at least compared to places like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, etc).  No...it's not going to be anywhere as good as places like Princes or other "chicken" restaurants.

• Like 4

Interesting. 

I know there is nothing there now, but this this is going to eat up some serious acreage. 

Every time a huge interstate project is announced I am always amazed at the completion date. I feel like Europe/China basically anywhere else would get this done in 1.5 to 2 years top. We are schedule for at least 3.5, I bet it'll be closer to 4. Then it will already be too small.

• Like 2

Starting Oct. 29, Walsh Road, a popular connector between Wedgewood Ave. and Nolensville Rd, will be closed as the city begins construction on the new Expo Center.

Also, the 117 acre Fairgrounds Park on the south end of the site is set to open by the end of the year, featuring soccer fields, a dog park, walking trails, etc.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/10/09/nashville-fairgrounds-walsh-road-construction-closure/1578099002/

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Excellent, I am super excited for this project to get started!

I keep meaning to take a picture of the fence that they are putting up around the park. It's panels like this between these poles that are black. It's an different choice than I figured they would make. 

fence.jpg

I just noticed it today. Definitely looks a bit odd.

Tony Formosa, the longtime promoter of the fairgrounds racetrack, said Speedway Motorsports, the company that owns Bristol Motor Speedway, has expressed interest in holding a NASCAR Xfinity Series race and a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at the fairgrounds.

"If the Bristol deal matures, I think they're talking about two races," Formosa told the Metro Board of Fair Commissioners at the board's monthly meeting.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/10/10/bristol-motor-speedway-nashville-fairgrounds-nascar-races/1582368002/?utm_source=tennessean-Business&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=baseline&utm_term=list_article_thumb

• Like 4

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Family Justice Center and Metro Police Dpt. HQ (3 stories) update. 

I drove past this yesterday.  It is quite imposing and stands out like a UFO in a corn field.  I'm hoping it will change M'boro Road for the better, though I'd hate to lose some of the unique and historical structures along that stretch.

A permit for $2.87 million was granted to the Carter Group for the outer shell construction of the  3 story office building at 517 Hagan St. in WeHo.   Everything should be finished a year from now. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21027211/permit-patrol-15-october-2018

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.14.32 AM.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Current layout of the ever-expanding Nashville Zoo.  It has doubled in size from it's original coverage when opened in 1996 at Grassmere.

Nashville Zoo layout, Oct, 2018.png

On the last Saturday of this past January, I ran in the Zoo Run Run.  This 5K runs through public areas as well as some service roads and by some non-public buildings.  It is a winter run - rain, snow, sleet or shine, so it's more of a challenge.  If you're interested in the zoo and enjoy 5Ks, sign up!

Edited by Mr_Bond
  • Like 1