Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

When I first reorganized the board, we didnt have stuff happening in every part of town like we do now. A factor for the way I did it was also to keep down on the number of pinned threads.

I just sort of did it points South, point east, points north, and points west with some of the hot areas getting a pinned thread like downtown, gulch, and midtown being in one. At the time there was no way we could have foreseen the amount of growth that has happened over the last 5 years.

Good point, @smeagolsfree.  I like the idea of fewer threads.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Sounds like a solid development, but how are any of those things a nod to a welding company? 

Because they put the name of the welding company on the project. It’s one of those douchy “The Lofts at SoDaSoPa” things where a company develops high-priced housing and then somehow thinks they’re “paying homage” to what was there before by putting up a little themed artwork or somehow referencing the older building in the title. That being said, $189k seems reasonable for 2018 WeHo, although they’re probably the size of a broom closet. 

• Haha 2

Walsh/Wedgewood road has been closed on the. Nolensville side of the Fairgrounds. 

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Groundbreaking...but still lawsuits trying to stop the city from tearing down the current structures...right?  Will be interesting.

Well the current structures wouldn’t be torn down until the new ones are done regardless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Walsh/Wedgewood road has been closed on the. Nolensville side of the Fairgrounds. 

Well the current structures wouldn’t be torn down until the new ones are done regardless. 

Yes...but let's say we build the new structures...and the lawsuit wins and keeps us from tearing down the old structures.  Not saying there's a 1% chance of that happening...but just sayin'...

It appears that a Japanese shaved ice desert place will be part of the redevelopment of the storefront at 2305 12th Ave. South by the Goldberg Brothers.  It was initially thought that this was just going to be corporate offices for  their Strategic Hospitality Restaurant Group.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/02/permit-goldbergs-float-frosty-treats-for-12south.html

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.54.34 PM.png

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 5:24 AM, markhollin said:

Farenheit Yoga (2 stories) update.  Topped out.

LookingSW from intersection of 12th AVe. South and Kirkwood Ave:

Fahrenheit Yoga, Oct 20, 2018.jpg

With all the heat and humidity in that building, the windows are fogged over already!

• Haha 2

Steven Tanger, the CEO of Tanger Outlet Malls, says that it will be a .while before they move forward with this Century Farms development:

"We will not buy a single square inch of property until we're ready to break ground and build a great new center. That discipline requires 60 percent pre-leasing … I don't see that happening. It's certainly not going to happen, I don't believe, in 2019. It's too early for us to even talk about 2020," Tanger continued. "But yes, we have a shadow pipeline ready to go when our tenants are ready to start expanding again."

Construction just began on a $30.5 million expansion of the interchange at exit 60 of I-24, where Century Farms is located. That roadwork won't be done until May 2021. The interchange will create a connection that feeds into the Century Farms site, access that developers Oldacre McDonald LLC believe is crucial to convincing tenants to sign on.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/06/when-will-tanger-open-outlets-in-nashville-or.html

• Thanks 1

Plans for a boutique hotel at the May Hosiery complex seem to be moving forward. Metro Council approved a rezoning that allows for such there.  The planned hotel would have fewer than 100 rooms. It will be part of the existing space in the former sock factory.  No brand or timeline announced yet.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/07/hotel-targeted-for-wedgewood-houston-space-after.html

• Like 2

On 11/5/2018 at 4:50 AM, markhollin said:

Bento Box (5 and 6 stories, 85 units) update.  Superstructure topped out.

Looking west from Hart Street, 1/2 block  east of 3rd Ave. South:

Bento Box, Oct 27, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Hart Street and 4th Ave. South:

Bento Box, Oct 27, 2018, 5.jpg

This project has mildly confused me from the get go. I'll be interested to see the acoustic and insulation treatment, especially on the train tracks side of the building. Being that the building is directly at the rail crossing, for safety the train should be blowing its horn and i can only imagine how long it'll take before residents complain and petition to have trains not blow their horn for the crossing. (Apologies if this was discussed upthread)