Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

We've been working to get the intersection at 4th Ave and Hart St and where the train crosses Chestnut St to be quiet intersections where the train doesn't blow it's horn. But it involves a lot of public works and CSX so it's quite an undertaking. It also involves full length road barriers and a number of other things and is going to cost somewhere in the range of 500k... So that money has to be found. Now with the soccer stadium moving forward it's slowed a bit as I think there is going to have to be something more comprehensive done on 4th Ave S and 2nd Ave S. 

As far as insulation, there is supposed to be one of those automated parking garages between the train and the building. It was in the initials plans, not sure if it's still in the budget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somewhat related: does anyone know how trains are allowed to stop (blocking both the Craighead and Berry Road crossings) for extended amounts of time? I don't see how they can get away with doing it so often...doesn't it at least pose a risk to emergency vehicles?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

Somewhat related: does anyone know how trains are allowed to stop (blocking both the Craighead and Berry Road crossings) for extended amounts of time? I don't see how they can get away with doing it so often...doesn't it at least pose a risk to emergency vehicles?

CSX owns the right-of-way, they can more or less do what they want.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

Don't know about Craighead but on 4th Ave S and Chestnut, it's been described to me, that they will block lessers road so farther down the line somewhere they aren't blocking a major highway. I think it's just a load of crap and they don't particularly care what they do, because like PruneTracy said, they can do whatever they want with zero repercussions.

It's quite the risk, I've seen ambulances coming down 4th that have had to turn off their lights and I guess just pass the call off to another ambulance that was past the train.

• Sad 1

On 10/30/2018 at 4:42 PM, titanhog said:

Groundbreaking...but still lawsuits trying to stop the city from tearing down the current structures...right?  Will be interesting.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/fairgrounds-traffic-plan-calls-for-parking-cars-along-craighead-street/article_6d5a92f8-e825-11e8-a234-53e76f4096cc.html?fbclid=IwAR2-Ki86zpSAZ7CFyg8n1O7b4cQTDfSeNKULG20657hmnANy_C4YuwZkb2k

Answer from judge tomorrow on injunction. Praying for good news!

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

"On cross-examination, Rhodes said a permit from Metro traffic and parking would be required to park cars on Craighead but said that no permit had officially been issued or requested."

So they want to stop it all because a permit hasn't been issued for something that's not even started? For a 135 spots. UGH

• Like 1

This had been discussed earlier but just made official this week: A big national touring series (the World of Outlaws sprints) will have an event May 31-June 1 at the fairgrounds racetrack, which will include covering the entire racing surface with dirt.

Being a short-track racing fan myself, I know this is a big deal for the fairgrounds and should draw a massive crowd of folks from outside Nashville. The downside is that construction on the soccer stadium will likely be underway by then, so I'm guessing that parking will be a chore.

http://woosprint.com/news/latest-news/5325-music-to-our-ears-outlaws-invading-nashville-in-2019

Edited by Jamie Hall
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

This had been discussed earlier but just made official this week: A big national touring series will have an event May 31-June 1 at the fairgrounds racetrack, which will include covering the entire racing surface with dirt.

Being a short-track racing fan myself, I know this is a big deal for the fairgrounds and should draw a massive crowd of folks from outside Nashville. The downside is that construction on the soccer stadium will likely be underway by then, so I'm guessing that parking will be a chore.

http://woosprint.com/news/latest-news/5325-music-to-our-ears-outlaws-invading-nashville-in-2019

Construction of stadium is projected to start in June 2019. I would guess actual construction will be a little after that, so no issues with parking hopefully. 

• Like 1