smeagolsfree

12S/ 8S/Berry Hill/Belmont/WeHo/Chestnut Hill/Fairgrounds/ S. Nashville/Antioch Projects

As a Wedgewood-Houston resident I can add the police substation (right word?) that was kept at Fairgrounds has also moved.   Chinetti and Milner might be only folks who know what I'm referencing. 

On 12/8/2018 at 9:44 AM, markhollin said:

1820 12th Ave. South (4 stories, 6 condos, office space) update.  Nearly complete.

Looking NE from intersection of 12th Ave. South and Acklen Ave:

1820 12th Ave South, Nov 19, 2018, 1.jpg

So much schlock in this one frame.     Ugly siding.    Asphalt paving right up to the front wall.     Cheap metal fire escape on the front facade.     Tiny windows and doors in a sea of stucco.      And what in god's name is going on with the tiny little stockade fence?    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

So much schlock in this one frame.     Ugly siding.    Asphalt paving right up to the front wall.     Cheap metal fire escape on the front facade.     Tiny windows and doors in a sea of stucco.      And what in god's name is going on with the tiny little stockade fence?    

And it has taken about three years to build. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I totally agree that it's cheap and extremely unsightly... but I will say that I'm glad it at least it makes an attempt to address the street and halfway looks like it belongs in an urban environment rather than being some faux-suburban freak show surrounded by fencing and a blank wall or something.  Glass half full... I guess?  Or maybe a quarter full?  lol

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

They just need to paint over the whole thing with camouflage and plant a lot of foliage around the damn thing. Hopefully, it will eventually blend into the background as it should. 

2920 Berry Hill (4 stories, 37,000 sq. ft. of office space) update. Prepping for brick work.

Looking NE from Berry Hill Dr., 1/2 block south of Berry Hill Place:

2920 Berry Hill, Nov 18, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Berry Hill Place and West Iris Drive:

2920 Berry Hill, Nov 18, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 1

Well I actuallly put it under Bit and peices earlier today when the Post broke it. Didnt think about putting it here. I think there maybe more news to come here too. That is the WeHo.

• Like 1

Just came to post that tweet. I noticied they were clearing that hill this week, I couldn’t tell if it was for the Fairgrounds or for a housing development. 

Thats quite the hill to take out. 

• Like 2

Carter Group Building (3 stories office space) update.  Foundational walls starting.

Looking north from alley between Hagan St. and Martin St., 1/2 block north of Merritt Ave:

Carter Group Building, Dec 2, 2018.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Just came to post that tweet. I noticied they were clearing that hill this week, I couldn’t tell if it was for the Fairgrounds or for a housing development. 

Thats quite the hill to take out. 

I am confused, I thought they weren't allowed to remove the hill? Wasn't that part of the whole referendum argument that we all criticized the opponents for? Sorry for the confusion

I don't remember anything about the hill not being removed, it was all the buildings have to be replaced before they can be torn down.

I'm not sure how much of the hill will be removed for the stadium but I think they would probably want to have the lower bowl down into the ground like the Titans stadium so that it doesn't dominate everything around it by just sitting flat on the ground.

I just thought I remembered something from the "Honor the 2011 Referendum" slogan the save the fairgrounds were using was something about leveling the entire parcel and removing certain hills,  I could be wrong, just not sure.

5 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I just thought I remembered something from the "Honor the 2011 Referendum" slogan the save the fairgrounds were using was something about leveling the entire parcel and removing certain hills,  I could be wrong, just not sure.

The expo buildings are on the hill, and are being relocated to the bottom of the hill. They are being demolished. Some of the vendors feel that demolishing the buildings and relocating the market to the bottom of the hill is not honoring the 2011 referendum. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, nashvylle said:

The expo buildings are on the hill, and are being relocated to the bottom of the hill. They are being demolished. Some of the vendors feel that demolishing the buildings and relocating the market to the bottom of the hill is not honoring the 2011 referendum. 

Ahh so basically I was just remembering wrong.