Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, DMilner said:

I spoke to Colby about the sidewalk fund a few months ago. So many other areas of town have had sidewalks built, and we’ve had nothing in WeHo. Moore, Allison, Pillow, and Martin between Hamilton and Humphreys all need sidewalks. The sidewalk fund should be used to build sidewalks in the neighborhood they’re paid into from. 

What did Colby say

4 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

family justice center looks ba

And that is an understatement. I know some people only like rainbow or neon, etc colors and don't like this. But I totally agree with you on this - they nailed it on the color scheme and design. I wish this had visibility from the interstate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA_TN said:

And that is an understatement. I know some people only like rainbow or neon, etc colors and don't like this. But I totally agree with you on this - they nailed it on the color scheme and design. I wish this had visibility from the interstate

I keep looking at the photos of it and think it's one of the ugliest buildings I've ever seen.  I'm trying to wrap my head around the "love" for it. :dontknow:

• Like 1

Illume (4 & 5 stories, 77 condos, and a couple of ground floor retail spaces) at 909 Hawkins St., has released renderings,  The building is already under construction.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21039729/images-released-for-gulcharea-project

Illume, Jan 8, 2019, render 1.png

Illume, Jan 8, 2019, render 2.png

• Like 3

The two warehouses at 1287, 1400, and 1414 3rd Ave. South will be redeveloped into a multi-tenant project called The Rise. Entrepreneur Brad Gulmi paid $4.7 million for the 1.6 acre tract and buildings, which sit directly to the east of the Bento Box apartment development, which is u.c.  It appears he is aiming for unique retail and office space options. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21040300/adaptive-reuse-project-eyed-for-wehoarea-site

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 9.17.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 9.17.16 AM.png

• Like 2

I've heard there is a push from local business folks to get Hart and Houston street reconnected, most likely under a railroad bridge with would replace the crossing on 4th.

I'm not sure the likelihood of that but with all the growth in the area and the coming development at the Fairgrounds and what I'm sure will be even more growth around the area following that, something will have to be done.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I've heard there is a push from local business folks to get Hart and Houston street reconnected, most likely under a railroad bridge with would replace the crossing on 4th.

That would be tough either way. The roads would need to be raised about 30-35 feet to clear the tracks, which means changing the grades of the roadways 750 feet or more each way (not counting the fact that the approach on 4th is uphill). If you raise the rails you would be looking at 1,000-2,000 foot approaches. Either way needs a lot of retaining walls.

On the other hand, without knowing the specifics of CSX and their routing through the area, it looks like they could detour trains through Radnor if they had to. Just takes $$$ to convince them.

• Like 4

I've always thought more along the lines of sinking 4th and the surrounding roads under the tracks. Maybe you would lose the connection of Humphreys street but gain a cross neighborhood connection. 

It would be quite the span of bridge but that would be cheaper I would think that raising lots of rail lines. I think there would be lots of retaining wails for sure. 4th does rise up a fair amount pretty quickly to cross the tracks, but then on the other side of the tracks the hill does keep going up. So I don't know.

Something is going to end up changing just not sure what it will be.

Roads.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 10.56.16 AM.png

• Like 2

On 1/8/2019 at 10:58 AM, BnaBreaker said:

It does have that feel to it, but I love it because it's UNIQUE.  We have enough of those generic beige apartment blocks already.

I agree, @BnaBreaker.  The recessed lighting, the curve of the roof in the front, the shrubbery, the balcony railing, and the street lights - WOW!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I doubt a railroad bridge will be built. 

Something is going to have to be done. The easiest to me seems to be a bridge but who knows?

Making 2nd two ways could be an option I supposed but there, you would have to redo the bridge there because it's narrow and it's not a proper intersection.

2 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Something is going to have to be done. The easiest to me seems to be a bridge but who knows?

Making 2nd two ways could be an option I supposed but there, you would have to redo the bridge there because it's narrow and it's not a proper intersection.

something does have to be done.

4 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I commute down 4th Ave South to Berry Hill each morning.  If drivers see the train in time, they tend to turn right at the cemetery and go around Ft. Negley Boulevard to Chestnut.  Then they either go east into Wedgewood Houston to get to Wedgewood or go west on Chestnut to 8th/Edgehill to continue going southbound around the train.  But if you get stuck at the train tracks at 4th Ave South you are going to be there a while.  That train tends to be a long one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some sort of restaurant appears to be moving forward at 1249 Martin Street, the commercial space located in the northern corner of the Six10 Merritt building, next to Diskin Cider.  This space had been listed for lease by its owner through  Village Commercial Real Estate, looks like Village announced on social media that it was leased a few weeks ago.  Not much detail or information at the moment in the building permit (pasted below), maybe some of our journalist friends can help out....

MASTER PERMIT 2015-19587. SHELL PERMIT 2015-52119 THIS PERMIT TO FINISH OUT APPROXE 1968 SQFT FOR CRAFT...RESTAURANT... …………

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1