Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

A strip center featuring 3 storefronts in 2600 block of 8th Avenue South is getting a do-over and new tenants, starting with OrangeTheory Fitness.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21048686/melrose-building-lands-orangetheory-fitness

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 5.02.15 PM.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

On Nextdoor, evil developers are pushing out CVS, as if CVS couldn’t simply relocate into the new development. 

Also, “Walgreens isn’t an option for everyone”? I’m pretty sure I’ve never distinguished between the two is there a difference?

14 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

Actually, there is a difference in one key area and that's prescription plan alignments with the big insurance companies. Example - my plan is aligned to CVS and gives me the greatest discount/pricing (these two sentences have already incensed me about the idiocy of our "healthcare" system but I know better than to go down that rabbit hole) at CVS but not at Walgreens. Or any other pharmacy.

That's because CVS owns Caremark and Aetna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CVS_Health

This CVS has been around for decades and a lot of their customers are elderly and get winded walking to the mail box. Target ain't happening. There is Walgreen's and Kroger, which are very close, but moving prescriptions is a pain as I found out with my elderly mother. It can be many prescriptions  spread out among many doctors and as helpful as the new pharmacy will try to be, something always gets missed. 

I really appreciated the Belle Meade CVS which delivered to many of their older customers, including my mom. I think they charged like 50 cents for delivery to those living in Villa Maria. 

Nice summary piece on all of the new development happening in Antioch.

- 3,500 new jobs in area in last five years.

- Antioch accounts for 15% of Davidson County's population, twice what it was from 1990.

- Antioch’s population is younger and much more diverse than the county overall, and the community has a larger proportion of middle-class households. 

- An average of 166,000 highway drivers a day passed through Antioch in 2017, which is 870 more drivers per hour than the volume three years before.

Much more behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/28/once-on-life-support-a-boom-is-taking-hold-in.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

- Antioch accounts for 15% of Davidson County's population, twice what it was from 1990.

- Antioch’s population is younger and much more diverse than the county overall, and the community has a larger proportion of middle-class households. 

- An average of 166,000 highway drivers a day passed through Antioch in 2017, which is 870 more drivers per hour than the volume three years before.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/28/once-on-life-support-a-boom-is-taking-hold-in.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Plus, right across the line is booming Lavergne, Smyrna and M'boro with another 200k+ population.  Gonna get even harder to drive anywhere.

More details for the 3 building project to be known as The Finery, Phase II in WeHo.  This has been leaking in various ways over the last few weeks as a combined effort of Core Development and Hines, and will be directly west of the original Finery which is at 610 Merritt.  A 2020 groundbreaking is schedule for the 3.3 acre complex that will have structures ranging from 5 to 7 stories that includes a garage. 

There will be a rendering to see at the Nashville Urban Planet Meet-Up tomorrow, but not available for publication at this time.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21049237/major-project-eyed-for-wedgewoodhouston

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 8.36.52 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Wasn't the next phase of residential across Martin street from this just announced and starting soon? 

Yes, it’s called The Kirby. http://kirbyliving.com/  

They’ve been taking the old building down this past week. I live/work in the neighborhood, so I’ll try to snap some pictures since it’s right next to my office. 

Edited by DMilner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

The Kirby has actually started. The one mentioned above was an area that was announce for development when Core first bought the land about 8 years ago. 

Correct. The newest development will be in this barren land between Hagan and Martin. 

6C8561DD-9B68-4902-800E-9C79E31AA241.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I drove down Martin a couple of hours ago and saw a backhoe piling up concrete slabs from an old building and more demo inside a single story industrial building next door.  I think it was 1236 Martin.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:24 AM, Nash_12South said:

This CVS has been around for decades and a lot of their customers are elderly and get winded walking to the mail box. Target ain't happening. There is Walgreen's and Kroger, which are very close, but moving prescriptions is a pain as I found out with my elderly mother. It can be many prescriptions  spread out among many doctors and as helpful as the new pharmacy will try to be, something always gets missed. 

I really appreciated the Belle Meade CVS which delivered to many of their older customers, including my mom. I think they charged like 50 cents for delivery to those living in Villa Maria. 

Apothecary delivers prescriptions to us in Terrazzo.  Just one more reason to love living in The Gulch!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

If this Antioch growth spurt had occurred about 10 years sooner, I have to wonder if Target, TJ Maxx and some of the retailers around there would still be in place -- or at least willing to try and hang on a while longer.