Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

5 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Kroger stores in this town are an embarrassment to the Kroger company and to this community. I won't step foot in the Donelson store since going in there one night around 10:30 and there must have been forty people in line to check out at the ONE LANE that was staffed. There seemed to be no sense of urgency

They, like so many chains, are in process of training their future checkout clerks.   I mean US.  That's what self-checkout is all about.....doing away with their staff costs at the register.   Why pay someone when they can force the customer to do it for free?Whenever I am faced with no human clerk and must rely on self checkout machines, I do one of two procedures.   I either loudly berate the store so as many other customers as possible can see my displeasure..."If if wanted to check out groceries, I wouldn't have gone to college!!" or some like statement. Or alternately, I will push my full basket to the self service cashier and tell him he can put it all back on the shelf... and walk out.  That is MY training program for these stores.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/greer-stadium-guitar-scoreboard-moving-to-new-development

So it looks like the score board is heading to the Outpost development!

But it will be called “is building a second project in Wedgewood-Houston called Nashville Warehouse Co.”...

Starting in September!

Edited by PaulChinetti
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/greer-stadium-guitar-scoreboard-moving-to-new-development

So it looks like the score board is heading to the Outpost development!

But it will be called “is building a second project in Wedgewood-Houston called Nashville Warehouse Co.”...

Starting in September!

Where have you been all day? 

• Haha 3

83 Freight (3 stories, 91 units) update.  Footings being placed.  More container units on site.

Looking west from Wingrove Ave., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

83 Freight, Mar 31, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking south from Wingrove Ave., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

83 Freight, Mar 31, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking SE from Wingrove Ave., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

83 Freight, Mar 31, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking east from Byrum Ave., 1/2 block south of Wingrove St:

83 Freight, Mar 31, 2019, 4.jpg

Looking NE from Byrum Ave., 1/2 block south of Wingrove St:

83 Freight, Mar 31, 2019, 5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

A rendering of proposed expansion for the Fairgrounds Racetrack by Populous.  Looks like 25-30,000 capacity w/ luxury suites around the NW turn and massive digital scoreboard on SE turn. No idea how serious any of this is.

Very little else on this website:

https://nascar2nashville.com/?fbclid=IwAR0TE-eoixNZ0qMvbcV1wqCCJAFYTYBHapq8CqnIxOIKPNhFl8rOzU9LD-c

There's no way they would fill 30,000 seats

• Like 1

I wish they could rebuild the track like it was back in the 50s.  I have very fond memories of attending the Tennessee State Fair and watching  surrey races.  The track was dirt back then and the fair midway was held in the middle of the track.  You got to the midway through a couple of tunnels under the track.  What was really a treat was all the great food vendors at the concourse at the top of the grandstand.  They were spaced about every 12 feet and were separated by narrow fixed benches between them maybe 8 inches wide for your butt.   The back of the grandstand opened towards the hill and had a  continuous broad stairstep up to the food vendors.  By the end of the grandstand towards Fair Park, the steps were pretty high up.  The food vendors were mostly hot dogs, corndogs and hamburgers....none of the fried butter sticks and stuff so weird now.    The other food vendors and such were in small temporary booths on each side of the hill down to Fair Park.  Saltwater taffy, cotton candy (it was only pink back then)  fruity beverages and such were so good.    The  grandstand was connected to a magnificent Victorian palace called the Women's Building where all the  arts and crafts were displayed.  It burned to the ground on the second day of the 1965 fair, the first year I had entered artwork.  Bad luck.   The street from Fair Park continued  a a wide tunnel under the Women's Building along the back of the grandstands and went down the other side of the hill to a very large enclosed  arena (the Coluseum for horse competitions like dressage and walkers.  It was near where the new dog park is now.  It was very foolishly demolished  rather than maintaining it for future restoration.  The fair had lost so much of its charm.  Then they tore down Fair Park and the rollercoaster.  Of course I grew up too and that probably had a lot to do with my impression.....I noticed the dirt behind the illusions.   I don't regret seeing the current buildings go, but I am not thrilled with boring new event buildings over by Nolensville Pike.     It is just as well the fair is moving elsewhere as there will be little left of the past there.   Perhaps a new start somewhere else will give new generations of kids the magic of the State Fair.

collusium.jpg

track.jpg 

1964 pic. The fire was the next year.  The Coluseum arena is beyond.

Edited by Baronakim
added photos
  • Like 4

On 4/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, markhollin said:

A rendering of proposed expansion for the Fairgrounds Racetrack by Populous.  Looks like 25-30,000 capacity w/ luxury suites around the NW turn and massive digital scoreboard on SE turn. No idea how serious any of this is.

Very little else on this website:

https://nascar2nashville.com/?fbclid=IwAR0TE-eoixNZ0qMvbcV1wqCCJAFYTYBHapq8CqnIxOIKPNhFl8rOzU9LD-c

Fairgrounds Racetrack, April 10, 2019, render.png

While a great rendering. This appears to be an image grabbed from the early phases of the stadium design to help garner signatures for the petition. According the the 10-acre development where we see those low-rise pavilions behind the grandstand is where the much discussed mixed use building and parking structure are proposed. It appears the parking structure in particular appears to block the addition of grandstands. I would love to see them flip this design and place the new grandstands along the access road between the speedway and expo buildings then place the video screen in turn 3 facing the grandstands. 

Screen_Shot_2018_06_12_at_1.32.59_PM.5b201eb5b58a8.jpg

• Like 1

is that parking by the soccer stadium surface parking? 

You can always build a garage and have the stands on top of that. Yes, it's just a question of money. 

actually @Bos2Nash I am not sure that plan is accurate. See this picture below- the additional grandstands would take up some of the fair park, not the stadium parking. 

image.png.e503ee89d64f1448ea4e2aca38e53c6a.png

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Baronakim said:

It is interesting to see how much smaller the track is than back in the 1940s & 50s.  Here is a photo from the 1940s or late 30s showing the track much larger.  Notice the roller coaster across where Wedgewood is now and how close the track boundry was to Nolensville Pike.    This must have been taken during a State Fair as the inside of the track has the Fair Midway.  In the foreground, there is a sea of parking where the stadium is to go.

Some interesting photos of Fair Park here: https://www.pbase.com/deadelvis/fairpark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2920 Berry Hill (4 stories, 37,000 sq. ft.) update.  Exterior nearly complete.

Looking NE from Berry Hill Drive., 1/2 block south of Berry Hill Place:

2920 Berry Hill, March 12, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Berry Hill Dr. and Berry Hill Place:

2920 Berry Hill, March 12, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking west form intersection of West Iris Dr. and Berry Hill Place:

2920 Berry Hill, March 12, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1