Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

83 Freight (3 stories, 91 units) update.  Foundation work and pillars underway. More containers being dropped off on site.

Looking south from Wingrove St., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

83 Freight, May 30, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SW from Wingrove St., 1/2 block east of Byrum Ave:

83 Freight, May 30, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking east from Byrum Ave., 1/2 block south of Wingrove St:

83 Freight, May 30, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking NE  from Byrum Ave., 1/2 block south of Wingrove St:

83 Freight, May 30, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, Melrose said:

So would this be  a separate project from the mixed use project Hysmith has set for the adjacent Hagan and Merritt parcels (i.e. the Truck Center Inc. site) ?  

I think this is a separate project, but not 100% sure.

• Thanks 1

Speedwagon Properties out of Chicago has paid $5.13 million for two lots covering a combined 1.2 acres just south of downtown at 915 and 922 5th Ave. South. Both are located in an Opportunity Zone which gives tax breaks for developers sparking real estate investment.   No word as to Speedwagon's plans for the sites.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/06/17/chicago-developer-nabs-site-at-brink-of-downtown.html?s=print

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 4.26.33 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was already one development proposed for these two sites but they fell through. All I have seen so far from Speedwagon is land banking. That may be all they do as rhey have not announced any concrete plansfor the other property they own and are trying to get other property in the area that they have already bought, but others are looking at that real estate too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Just some quick hits I heard. The new Fairgrounds entrance and address will be on Wingrove when all the infrastructure work is done. Nolensville entrance is going to be closed. 

Wedgewood is going to go between the north side of the speedway and the expo building like the renderings have shown. There will be a bridge over browns creek. 

Next phase will be $25 million in infrastructure. 

Gonna do an open house in August sometime I believe I heard. 

If the new entrance will be at Wingrove, that street will need significant improvement, and potentially a traffic signal -- maybe that's part of the $25 million in infrastructure?

fairgroundsmap.thumb.JPG.ae6c9e0ec5658dd9f806dcf4a302e4cd.JPG

Edited by Jamie Hall

20 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

If the new entrance will be at Wingrove, that street will need significant improvement, and potentially a traffic signal -- maybe that's part of the $25 million in infrastructure?

fairgroundsmap.thumb.JPG.ae6c9e0ec5658dd9f806dcf4a302e4cd.JPG

I was watching along and it kept pausing. I don’t think that’ll be the main entrance maybe. They were talking about Benton a lot and Wedgewood. But I couldn’t catch all that. 

Laura Womack was giving the presentation. Maybe we can contact her for her notes or a deck. 

Operation Stand Down at 1125 12th Ave. South is remodeling.  Will include new exterior, outdoor lighting, landscaping/foliage, repaving parking lot, reconfiguring interior space with new walls and classrooms.

Here a a couple renderings.  Not sure which is most accurate:

Operation Stand Down, June, 2019, render 1.png

Operation Stand Down, June, 2019, render 2.png

Looking NE from Edgehill Ave., 1/2 block west of 12th Ave. South:

Operation Stand Down expansion, June 18, 2019.jpg

• Like 2

Some more info on the Pilot.com move to WeHo.  It will be at 2030 Lindell Ave., which is currently a  one story warehouse space near the SE corner of the I-65/Wedgewood Ave. exit.  No word on if they are converting this space or if they will build something fresh on the site.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/06/25/pilotcom-bookkeeping-tech-firm-expanding-nashville/1559510001/

Pilot com, 2030 Lindell Ave, June 26, 2019, site .png

Pilot com, 2030 Lindell Ave, June 26, 2019, site map.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2