Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Are there any planned road projects in WeHo to account for all the new businesses coming into the area?

Hopefully none of all this new construction won’t get out of building sidewalks. WeHo is sorely lacking in sidewalks. 

That old Griffin building is super nice on the inside I hope they keep it. 

• Like 2

A .75 acre parcel  at 20 and 24 Lafayette St.(just 1.5 block south of I-24/40 inner belt) has been listed at $4.5 million.  The owner had paid $500,000 for the lots 11 years ago.  An additional adjacent lot of .3 acres owned by a different entity, might also be available.  Lots of potential for this site in the future, especially once the Napier Homes redevelopment (just to the NE) happens in the next decade. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21075363/lafayette-street-site-listed-for-449m

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.03.55 PM.png

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

A .75 acre parcel  at 20 and 24 Lafayette St.(just 1.5 block south of I-24/40 inner belt) has been listed at $4.5 million.  The owner had paid $500,000 for the lots 11 years ago.  An additional adjacent lot of .3 acres owned by a different entity, might also be available.  Lots of potential for this site in the future, especially once the Napier Homes redevelopment (just to the NE) happens in the next decade. 

Lafayette is really just ready and waiting to pop. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Lafayette is really just ready and waiting to pop. 

It is, but until Metro gets Sudekum Napier under control as far as crime and rebuilding the housing project it will be a challenge. Right now no one wants to be the Lone Ranger. There are plenty of other places I would go before I would go or buy there. We will see if these guys get what they want for the land. At this point , it would be a land banking option with very little development IMO.

If we look at the Dickerson Rd corridor we pretty much have had the same thing. I will say there have been a number of proposals for that area and little happening. They may be waiting on the Dickerson Road corridor rezoning to get things going because the new overlay allows an increase in height.

• Like 3

Very true @smeagolsfree 

I’ve seen cross fit businesses start to creep in around the north end of 3rd and 4th Ave by the interstate. Seems to be a sign that business is starting to take notice of the area. No restaurant or bars have made the leap yet though.

There is even a new house going up here, which is one of the closest I’ve seen to Lafayette so far. 

EFECABBB-880B-41D9-ABC8-B55D78AA0FE8.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

It is, but until Metro gets Sudekum Napier under control as far as crime and rebuilding the housing project it will be a challenge. Right now no one wants to be the Lone Ranger. There are plenty of other places I would go before I would go or buy there. We will see if these guys get what they want for the land. At this point , it would be a land banking option with very little development IMO.

If we look at the Dickerson Rd corridor we pretty much have had the same thing. I will say there have been a number of proposals for that area and little happening. They may be waiting on the Dickerson Road corridor rezoning to get things going because the new overlay allows an increase in height.

I think we'll see Lafayette really pop from the roundabout to the interstate in the next 5 years. Especially if we get an airport light rail line ending at 4th/Elm

• Like 3

@DMilner That’s some uber specific legislation  

A. No private parking facility or private parking lot which is open to the public shall be constructed within 100 feet of any facility owned by the Fair Board and used for automobile racing or ancillary activities associated with automobile racing if the Fair Board facility accommodates 1000 people or more, unless the Fair Board and the tenants of the Fair Board approve of the same and have direct oversight and control of how the parking facility or parking lot is managed and secured.”

• Thanks 1