Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, thenorthchannel said:

Some activity in WeHo not on the Development Map at the circled location in red.    Anyone have insights?

WeHo.PNG

Parking Lot. A J Cap bought the lot sometime earlier this year and will be parking for the May project. This paticular lot will offer some lifted parking slots. Permts was pulled earlier in the week. I normally dont put parking lots on the map but I can if it helps.

7 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

It looks like the actual building permit was finally pulled for Publix yesterday.

Indeed, a permit was granted for $4.86 million and will allow for construction of the roughly 41,500-square-foot three-story building. Atlanta-based Benning Construction Co. is the general contractor.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21079733/permit-issued-for-publix-project

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shipping containers turned into affordable housing in Nashville:

https://www.wsmv.com/news/shipping-containers-turned-into-affordable-housing-in-nashville/article_c38ce664-b3e3-11e9-b862-f7434ce4a507.html

“We’re trying to target that missing middle: nursing, police, hospitality worker, the younger crowd that’s moving into Nashville that may not have a lot of possessions and need 600 square feet”

• Like 2

Illume (4 & 5 stories, 75 condos) update. 

Looking NW from South St., 1/2 block west of Hawkins St:

Illume, July 13, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NE from South St., 1/2 block east of Southside Ave:

Illume, July 13, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking SW from Hawkins St., 1/2 block east of Southside Ave:

Illume, July 13, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Hawkins St. and Southside Ave:

Illume, July 13, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Edgehill resident said:

Anyone know what ever happened to the Elmington Capital project on Edgehill/Hillside/8th to replace the old Park at Hillside apartments? There seems to have been no activity or word on that project in months. 

Welcome to the forum, Edgehill Resident.   : )

I believe there is stuff percolating behind the scenes on this.  Smeagalofree may be able to give a bit more info.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Edgehill resident said:

Anyone know what ever happened to the Elmington Capital project on Edgehill/Hillside/8th to replace the old Park at Hillside apartments? There seems to have been no activity or word on that project in months. 

Its moving forward slowly. It will be happening in phases. This just popped up on D Tracker this morning.

Application Submittal 7/31/2019
MPC Agenda Date 9/12/2019
Administrative Approval  
Case # 2019S-170-001
Ordinance # Not applicable for this application type
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer FRONT COUNTER
Application Name The Park at Hillside
Application Type Subdivision (Final Plat)
Application Scope A request for final plat approval to create three lots and dedicate right of way on properties located at 1501 Hillside Avenue and 929 Edgehill Avenue, at the southwest corner of Edgehill Avenue and Hillside Avenue E, zoned SP (12.17 acres), requested by Kimley-Horn & Associates, applicant; Park at Hillside, LLC and 929 Edgehill, LLC, owners.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
Property Address / Location 929 EDGEHILL AVE 37203
Applicant Kimley-Horn John Richard Patterson 615-564-2706 [email protected]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the response! This is great to hear. It seems Elmington has been targeting other cities, and I was wondering if the transit referendum failure had stalled this one since I believe the original design included a transit stop. Glad to hear it’s still happening, but I hate that it is so slow going considering how quickly other projects seem to be unfolding! They’ve had the building facing Edgehill vacant for about a year with no visible progress, so I was getting nervous.

Thanks again! 

• Like 1