Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

Feeling uneasy about this for some reason.    I'm not aware of any protective zoning overlay on this property. 

Historic building home to law firm sells for $2.7M+

New York REIT buys 1869-completed structure

One of Nashville’s few remaining grand mid-19th century buildings — and the former residence of a long-deceased mayor — has sold for $2.75 million.

Located at 1230 Second Ave. S. in Chestnut Hill a few blocks east of Wedgewood-Houston, the property was originally listed for sale in mid-2018 for $3.2 million.

According to a Metro document, the new owner seemingly is New York-based Magna, officials for which could not be reached for comment.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21098181/historic-building-home-to-law-firm-sells-for-27m

1230 art.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Feeling uneasy about this for some reason.    I'm not aware of any protective zoning overlay on this property. 

Historic building home to law firm sells for $2.7M+

New York REIT buys 1869-completed structure

One of Nashville’s few remaining grand mid-19th century buildings — and the former residence of a long-deceased mayor — has sold for $2.75 million.

Located at 1230 Second Ave. S. in Chestnut Hill a few blocks east of Wedgewood-Houston, the property was originally listed for sale in mid-2018 for $3.2 million.

According to a Metro document, the new owner seemingly is New York-based Magna, officials for which could not be reached for comment.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21098181/historic-building-home-to-law-firm-sells-for-27m

1230 art.png

I was too when I found it on ROD. Hopefully nothing will happen to it.

• Like 3

So there will be small apartments in the development. The studios will be used for longer term rentals, say like a month at the shortest. More for businesses and people needing longer term rentals like that. 

They made it clear during the community involvement phase that they were interested in doing short term rentals there and that they wouldn't be happening. 

Elm Hill Flats will be the name of a 3 story, 71 unit apartment complex at 825 Elm Hill Pike, just to the east of the Drake and Lee Motels on Murfreesboro Pike. The 1.4 acre site has landed a $3.7 million permit for construction by Bacar Constructors. No word on completion date.  No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21103398/apartment-building-to-rise-near-drake-motel

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Elm Hill Flats, Nov 27, 2019, site map.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:37 AM, markhollin said:

The T3 Finery will be the name of the 7 story project in WeHo that will include 2 structures with 320 apts, 30,000 sq. ft. of retail surrounding a village green, a boutique hotel, a concert venue, and parking garages. It will cover roughly 3 acres between Gray and Merritt Ave. and 1/2 block west of Martin St.  Just a single rendering available at this time.

It will be put together by Cresset and Diversified in a joint venture with Hines Development.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/11/13/chicago-investors-reveal-scope-of-major-wedgewood.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

For anyone interested Hines Interests (Gerald Hines, 93) developed the Houston Galleria, and the adjacent 65 story Tranco tower and  many scores of other large scale projects worldwide, and around Texas especially Houston. They develop and operate their own properties and  sell them off variously after appreciation. When I first moved to Houston in '89 I pulled up into his driveway to pick up a lady friend baby sitting for him in one of the the high end (of course) Memorial Villages municipalities. The bizjournal piece says this project is the arrival of Hines in Nashville which you could say is another indication that Nashville has arrived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_D._Hines

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dragonfly said:

For anyone interested Hines Interests (Gerald Hines, 93) developed the Houston Galleria, and the adjacent 65 story Tranco tower and  many scores of other large scale projects worldwide, and around Texas especially Houston. They develop and operate their own properties and  sell them off variously after appreciation. When I first moved to Houston in '89 I pulled up into his driveway to pick up a lady friend baby sitting for him in one of the the high end (of course) Memorial Villages municipalities. The bizjournal piece says this project is the arrival of Hines in Nashville which you could say is another indication that Nashville has arrived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_D._Hines

But I'm pretty sure Hines has developed at least one other sizable project... 2525 West End with a very nice Marriott (with rooms overlooking Vanderbilt Stadium) and a 12-story building with office space. 

• Thanks 1