Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

Resoto LLC has purchased the .8 acre site and warehouse at 2331 White Avenue in the Woodland Waverly neighborhood for $3.2 million.  Artisent Floors currently operates at the facility.  My guess is this site will become a residential complex eventually.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21103989/major-insurance-players-buys-in-berry-hill

2331 White Ave, Dec 3, 2019, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ Good. I hope the exterminator company across the street goes as well. Their trucks line Melpark and White, which makes navigating that intersection one big blind spot. And that's not even taking into account the alternating two-way stops with the subsequent Bradford/White intersection.

• Like 2

A few more details regarding the fire at Woodstock Vintage Lumber at 462 Chestnut St. in WeHo Monday evening.  The entire warehouse and lumber yard burned down, and are a complete loss.    No one was injured in the blaze.  Will be interesting to see if they decide to sell their property now.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2019/12/02/nashville-crews-battle-fire-lumber-warehouse-glowing-red-heat-wedgewood-houston-chestnut-street/2593175001/

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 1.21.40 PM.png

464 Chestnut St.,Woodstock Vintage Lumber, Dec 4, 2019, site map .png

• Sad 3

The Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition will be building a new 7,000 sq. ft. HQ at 1409 Antioch Pike that will also include a soccer field, playground, and community garden. Total cost will be $2.5 million.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/nonprofits/article/21104360/immigrant-advocacy-nonprofit-to-build-hq

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 7.27.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 7.29.23 AM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Illume (4 & 5 stories, 75 condos) update.  Exterior complete.

Looking SW from Hawkins St., 1/4 block west of 9th Ave. South:

Illume, Nov 23, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking west along South St., 1/4 block west of 9th Ave. South:

Illume, Nov 23, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking east from Hawkins St. at intersection with Southside Ave:

Illume, Nov 23, 2019, 3.jpg

Looks like it's illuming the whole block

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fifth Third Bank will build a new branch office at 2307 8th Ave. south, on the site where Captain D's was once active. Not sure if they are going to convert the existing structure or start from scratch.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/finance/banking/article/21104655/fifth-third-plans-berry-hill-branch

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 12.31.35 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

This is with as little as snark as possible but why do Banks keep building branches, how many people still are using them? The very few times I go into a branch, like maybe twice this year. There was me and maybe another person. Seems like such a waste of money.

My sister worked, up to last year, at a branch bank here. This "national bank" was trying to close down as many branches as possible or at least minimize staff and services. This does seem odd since scaling back is the trend. My sister says the main customers were older folks and poorer ones, who had minimal bank accounts and needed to cash work checks.

I wonder is it's a form of advertising. A lot of folks aren't aware of our different banks unless they see a branch....

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I only go to the bank when I have a physical check to deposit or to have something notarized, or to make a larger cash withdrawal. Only about three or four times a year.

Mobile check deposits are awesome.  Just take a photo with your phone and enter the amount...and boom.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1