Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

On 5/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, volsfanwill said:

yes. its way back in this thread and i couldnt find it.  but its a new strip of stores.  much closer to the street with parking in the rear instead of in front if i remember correctly.

Based on @smeagolsfree‘s map, the rendering showed a Verizon store, First Watch Cafe, something called Signature, and Jersey Mike’s.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, philcobizzle said:

Based on @smeagolsfree‘s map, the rendering showed a Verizon store, First Watch Cafe, something called Signature, and Jersey Mike’s.  

Looks like Jersey Mikes backed out. Also, there is a bank going in as a separate building next door:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2309-8th-Ave-S-Nashville-TN/13050831/

Tanger is shelving their plan to build an outlet mall at Century Farms in Antioch. I wouldn't get too upset about this one folks. The last thing Hickory Hollow needs is another shopping center, at least until they get their north-south traffic flow under better control. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/05/12/tanger-temporarily-suspends-antioch-mall-effort.html

Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. has delayed plans to build a shopping center in Nashville, as the Covid-19 pandemic stymies the momentum company executives had touted just two months ago. 

Tanger Outlets (NYSE: SKT) announced in its first-quarter earnings report that it had "temporarily suspended" work on a potential mall at the Century Farms project in Antioch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/2/2020 at 8:52 AM, PaulChinetti said:

The wings are excellent if you like smoked wings. Their sides are just ok in my opinion. 

Agreed.  And the service is really terrible.  Get them to go! The wings are delicious.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:36 AM, markhollin said:

2309 8th Ave. South (strip center, 5 storefronts) update.  All previous structures on site now razed.

Looking south from 8th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Hillview Heights Rd:

2309 8th Ave South, May 9, 2020.jpg

How is that liquor store still standing?! I keep thinking someone is going to buy it...

Tanger Suspends work on outlet mall at Century Farms due to corona virus.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/05/12/tanger-temporarily-suspends-antioch-mall-effort.html

"Tanger still has an active purchase contract for a chunk of the Century Farms property. In an effort to cut expenses as coronavirus batters the retail sector, Tanger said in regulatory filings that "given the uncertainties of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have temporarily deferred the Nashville project and certain other planned capital expenditures. Accordingly, there can be no assurance that these potential future projects will ultimately be developed."

• Like 1

Smokin Thighs, for being a strictly chicken joint, has been incredibly disappointing IMO.  They don't cook them enough and their sauces taste like they're all from the same base and they just add on whatever flavor the name says on top of the base.

In contrast, Riverside Grill Shack, a burger joint, has excellent wings and you can now order them a la carte!

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Oy! Is that supposed to be appetizing?  Maybe I just remember the Tonka trucks in our sandbox as a kid filled with cat poo.  Goodgawd! Who does that? 

LOL yeah that's what I thought... I can't help but think that whatever it is in the bed of that dumptruck just kind of looks like a child sized handful of leaves and mud with a sprinkling of top soil.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

LOL yeah that's what I thought... I can't help but think that whatever it is in the bed of that dumptruck just kind of looks like a child sized handful of leaves and mud with a sprinkling of top soil.

That looks like the scraps from dinner my mom would maybe throw in my brother's old dump truck for the dogs to eat outside.  Here boy...come and get it! :tw_lol:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Smokin Thighs, for being a strictly chicken joint, has been incredibly disappointing IMO.  They don't cook them enough and their sauces taste like they're all from the same base and they just add on whatever flavor the name says on top of the base.

In contrast, Riverside Grill Shack, a burger joint, has excellent wings and you can now order them a la carte!

I like Martin's smoked wings with Memphis Dry Rub.

1 hour ago, Rockatansky said:

I like Martin's smoked wings with Memphis Dry Rub.

Yes, Martin's, Edley's, Ghot Wingz all have amazing and better wings.  I used RGS as an example to highlight how a not-wing-specific-restaurant could out class a chicken joint.

I also typically go for the dry rubs, usually wet sauces overpower the chicken, however, Ghot Wingz has the best sauces in town and I prefer their wets to their drys.

• Like 1

Amazon is going to partially demolish the warehouse at 2960 Armory Drive  and expand it to 250,000 sq. ft. for storage space. Nashville's Civil Site Design Group is working on the project.

Also, another proposed redevelopment plan for 65 acre Starwood Amphitheater site that will include 850,000 sq. ft. of warehouse/light industrial use, 80 residential units, and up to 100,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space will go before Metro Council for approval on June 9th (diagram below).

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/05/15/deal-dash-amazon-starwood-amphitheater-development.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Starwood site, May 15, 2020, diagram.png

• Like 1