Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

They tore that building down like 4 years ago. And all the others besides the one touching Houston street have been moving incredibly slowly. 

Just weird considering how fast they were moving at the start. Must have been more structural work than they thought or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The .64 acre lot that includes the former home to Southside Community Church at 2080 12th Ave. South has sold for $1 million to Cottage Partners LLC.  For several years their plan has been to build  10 free-standing single homes.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21137103/12southarea-church-sells-for-1m

2080 12th Ave South, June 12, 2020, render.png

2080 12th Ave South, June 12, 2020, site.png

2080 12th Ave South, June 12, 2020, site map.png

These houses look potentially kind of McMansion-ey?  Like that development over off Graybar in Green Hills near the library.....

I am still trying to obtain more information, but it appears as the $50MM in revenue bonds for the Fairgrounds Racetrack has been approved... I imagine it will only be issued if SMI will agree to operate the track and bring NASCAR back... which would be in 2022 since NASCAR is coming to the Nashville Speedway in 2021. 

image.png.1f0579022684de964991251c6505e1c4.png

Edited by nashvylle
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I am still trying to obtain more information, but it appears as the $50MM in revenue bonds for the Fairgrounds Racetrack has been approved... I imagine it will only be issued if SMI will agree to operate the track and bring NASCAR back... which would be in 2022 since NASCAR is coming to the Nashville Speedway in 2021. 

image.png.1f0579022684de964991251c6505e1c4.png

So is the Dover date next year the only date we're getting...or is there a possibility they move that 2nd date here every year?

On 6/14/2020 at 2:54 AM, markhollin said:

2309 8th Ave. South (1 story brick strip center with 6 storefronts) update.  Foundation laid for northern section.

Looking SW from 8th Ave. South, 1/2 block south of Bradford Ave:

I could be wrong, but I believe that is the foundation for the Fifth Third Bank that will be adjacent to the strip center.

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

So is the Dover date next year the only date we're getting...or is there a possibility they move that 2nd date here every year?

My guess is that Dover loses their second date and the Nashville race transfers to SMI.

Another possibility is that SMI gets a midweek race on the week of the Dover race. This makes a lot of sense from a scheduling standpoint but it seems unlikely that SMI would spend a lot of money to renovate the track for a midweek race. Plus no one likes cookie cutter tracks.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

My guess is that Dover loses their second date and the Nashville race transfers to SMI.

Another possibility is that SMI gets a midweek race on the week of the Dover race. This makes a lot of sense from a scheduling standpoint but it seems unlikely that SMI would spend a lot of money to renovate the track for a midweek race. Plus no one likes cookie cutter tracks.

If that's the case, then it seems a little weird for Dover to spend a lot of money getting the Superspeedway ready in Wilson Co for just one race...next year only.  

• Like 2

Dover has said that the contract for the Superspeedway is a four year deal, with the potential to extend it out after that. They are also looking to get other races  like Indy and arca there also and said they are looking at other entertainment options as well. I think SMI at the Fairgrounds is a totally different game and has nothing to do with what’s going on at the Lebanon track. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, titanhog said:

I would presume that the only date next year will be at Nashville Superspeedway. Due to delays caused by the pandemic, NASCAR have pushed their schedule announcement back to "around July" (source). Even if these bonds are approved, I'm sure there is still some negotiating with SMI and neighbors around the track, not to mention the actual project timeline of the upgrades at the track. I would think it would be at least 2022 before the Fairgrounds would be an actual player for a schedule event and quite honestly that may only be the trucks and xfinity series  for a couple years before the cup series makes another major schedule shake up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Dover has said that the contract for the Superspeedway is a four year deal, with the potential to extend it out after that. They are also looking to get other races  like Indy and arca there also and said they are looking at other entertainment options as well. I think SMI at the Fairgrounds is a totally different game and has nothing to do with what’s going on at the Lebanon track. 

Agreed. The ownership at Dover has mentioned they feel very fortunate that they have held on to the race track as long as they have so they are int he position to take advantage of the Nashville demand. Ultimately Dover and SMI are competing businesses so it will come down to the two organizations hashing it out with NASCAR on who hosts what and for how long. 

5 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

Post pandemic, i dont know how likely NASCAR is to continue the mid-week races other than Eldora. Granted Nashville is fairly close to the Charlotte bases for these teams, but these mid-week races have been a logistical feat that probably isn't all that financially feasible long-term. We encountered it the other week with the mid-week, night race at Martinsville (which was a great race and the first time under the lights at the historic speedway) where due to logistics for the teams to be ready for the Miami on Sunday, if it rained on Wednesday night the race would either have to be cancelled or postponed to another time of year which would have essentially kicked the logistical can down the road. I would think promoters are not the biggest fan of that type of uncertainty and worked within the parameters of the current pandemic to make a less than ideal situation work.

• Like 1

After reading this Tennessean article...it sure sounds like Dover is expecting to have annual Cup races at the Superspeedway...which still makes me wonder what will happen at the Fairgrounds Speedway.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2020/06/17/dover-nascar-officials-find-nashville-superspeedway-has-stood-test-time/5336707002/

GLADEVILLE - Mike Tatoian settled into a chair in the administrative building at Nashville Superspeedway Tuesday and breathed a sigh of relief.

Tatoian, president and CEO of Dover International Speedway, had just finished surveying the Nashville Superspeedway, which will reopen with a NASCAR Cup Series race in 2021 after being closed for nearly a decade. To his surprise, he found no major structural damage to the 25,000-seat facility, which sits on about 1,000 acres.

Tatoian, who was joined by engineers from Dover and NASCAR, expected to find some repairs that needed to be made. They found nothing serious enough to threaten the target race date of June 20, 2021.

Along with the NASCAR Cup race, Tatoian said the goal is for the facility to also host at least 100 other events annually. That could include music and art festivals, auto auctions, car shows and other events.

"Anything that needs the amount of space that we have would lend itself well to the property," Tatoian said. "It's such a beautiful property that we really want to take advantage of that. After we open this place up, for every day it goes empty, it's one day we're not generating any income or exposure. It's just like any big facility, you don't want those things to sit empty.".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Melrose said:

Between Embers, Urban Grub and this place, there are going to be 3 ski lodge looking restaurants within 25 feet of each other......

Urban Grub's architecture is about as appealing to me as its name. Although I hear the food is good.

• Like 1