Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

May Hosiery (rehab of former factory into  80,000 sq. ft. office space, 3 restaurants, 7 retail slots, and boutique hotel) update: Continue shoring-up walls, replacing all windows.

Looking SW from CSX tracks, 1/4 block south of Chestnut St:

May Hosiery, Aug 23, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking south from CSX tracks, 1/4 block south of Chestnut St:

May Hosiery, Aug 23, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from 1/4 block north of intersection of Houston and Brown Streets:

May Hosiery, Aug 23, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking west from 1/4 block north of intersection of Houston and Brown Streets:

May Hosiery, Aug 23, 2020, 4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Speedwagon Properties is going to add an additional floor onto the 1 story brick structure at 915 5th Ave. South.  The site includes a large surface lot to the south. They purchased the building a year ago. No word on who the tenant might be.

Speculation on my part:  If it were to become a brewery/bar or some type of eatery, it would have some spectacular views of the skyline, especially on the 2nd floor and/or rooftop.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21143231/details-emerged-for-chestnut-hill-project

915 5th Ave South, Sept 8, 2020, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

915 5th Ave South, Sept 8, 2020, site map.png

4 hours ago, tokiorose said:

What's going on with the new bridge at Hickory Hollow Parkway? They have removed both sides of the new bridge they had just put up. Engineering mistake?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have the same question, but don't have an answer. They even removed the steel I-beams

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tokiorose said:

What's going on with the new bridge at Hickory Hollow Parkway? They have removed both sides of the new bridge they had just put up. Engineering mistake?

6 hours ago, LA_TN said:

I have the same question, but don't have an answer. They even removed the steel I-beams

6 hours ago, titanhog said:

Wow.  Sounds like a "Millions-of-Dollars" mistake, possibly.

Design error is what I heard at TDOT (only heard).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Elmington Capital and Wood Partners are working in tandem on an 80 acre residential complex on Old Franklin Rd. south of the Century Farms development that would include 330 apartments, 105 single family homes, and 5 acres of commercial space.  The land was purchased for $8.2 million this month.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/09/10/two-developers-global-investor-buy-in-antioch.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 1.54.47 PM.png

• Like 2

The .34 acre lot at 1322 Little Hamilton Ave and its nondescript/non-historic 1 floor cinder block garage have been sold fro $1.27 million to Beeqco LLC, which is affiliated with Giachery Lizarraga who helped develop Farrow at Five Points mixed-use project in East Nashville. This property had been last purchased in 2002 for $80,000. No word on Lizarraga's plans yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21143360/developer-pays-17m-for-weho-property

1322 Little Hamilton Ave, Sept 14, 2020, site.png

1322 Little Hamilton Ave, Sept 14, 2020, site map.png

• Like 2