Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

I was just in Over-The-Rhine yesterday, actually! Absolutely beautiful but WeHo doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of historic buildings it would take to replicate that feel. It’s the largest in-tact neighborhood of Italianate architecture in the US. And the Bell Connector made me even more jealous.

The Bell Connector has suffered from low ridership to problems with funding and during the lockdown it didn't run. But as of September 2 it's up and running again and passengers (what few there are!) now ride for free.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Some screenshots of 446 Humphries video I found on YouTube.  If Wedgewood Houston can resemble Cincinnati's "Over-The-Rhine" neighborhood, it would be amazing for Nashville. 

We could only wish we had an "Over the Rhine" area of Nashville.  That is an amazing grouping of mid to late 19th century architecture. If the fire in East Nashville had not occurred we could have had an "Old Louisville".

• Like 2

I agree with Smeags.

Over-the-Rhine is on the highest level of pre-World War II-constructed architecture that is both intact and lacking modernist buildings likely found in any city located outside the Northeast. There is nothing even remotely like it in Nashville (or most other U.S. cities for that matter).

But WeHo is getting some building density, which is encouraging.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

We could only wish we had an "Over the Rhine" area of Nashville.  That is an amazing grouping of mid to late 19th century architecture. If the fire in East Nashville had not occurred we could have had an "Old Louisville".

2 hours ago, East Side Urbanite said:

I agree with Smeags.

Over-the-Rhine is on the highest level of pre-World War II-constructed architecture that is both intact and lacking modernist buildings likely found in any city located outside the Northeast. There is nothing even remotely like it in Nashville (or most other U.S. cities for that matter).

But WeHo is getting some building density, which is encouraging.

Let me rephrase:

Obviously WeHo does not have the preWWII buildings that OTR has. However, I pray that more SFR are replaced with structures like 446 Humphreys  that will give WeHo the feel that OTR has. 

• Like 1

An apartment complex of unknown name/developer that features 136 units in 27 two story buildings on 15.5 acres is being planned for 3124 Murfreesboro Pike. Civil Design Group is involved. A Nov. 12 Metro Planning Commission meeting is on the books.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21144074/silo-studios-opens-in-the-nations

3124 Murfreesboro Pike, Oct 23, 2020, render.png

3124 Murfreesboro Pike, Oct 23, 2020, site diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

3124 Murfreesboro Pike, Oct 23, 2020, site map.png

• Thanks 1

Emery will be the name of a restaurant to be built out of the former home of Royal Cleaners covering 3,730 sq. ft. on a single floor at 2500 12th Ave. South. Steve Sargent and Steve Kovach--who have developed The Stillerys (2nd Ave. North and in Midtown on Broadway)--are undertaking the project. that will include adding on a front patio. A $600,000 permit has been granted for the build out, and MP III Mechanical is the general contractor. 

Emery will focus on higher-end fare with some wood-fired menu options, including pizza. He said burgers, steaks, seafood and pasta will highlight the menu. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21144083/12south-excleaners-site-set-for-restaurant

2500 12th Ave South, Royal Cleaners, March 27, 2020.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

@smeagolsfree can you please point this one out on your development tracker? Having trouble finding it. Thanks

Just for you! I sort of have stopped putting these smaller projects on the map because there are just so many across Nashville and I just don't have the time to keep up with  all of them, but in this case I knew where it was as I had passed them last week. After it is complete, I will probably  delete off of the map as the map also has limited space and I will have to watch that closely at some point. This one only has 4 units.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 083442.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1