Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

For some reason, I always thought that EoA was Nashville based. Article says Florida. 

It may have been in the article before but it is not now. Drew Hutchinson is the new Business writer for the NBJ and she may have made a mistake and they may have edited it out.

• Like 1

The design crack in not aimed as much at the architects as it is at the developers. They spent a lot more money than they needed to for two higher end architects that probably had some major design difffrences as I really do not see anything special from this colaberation.

They could have gone to the cheapest architect in town and probably gotten the same  thing based on what they want to spend on the design element of the project. They decided to cut cost, by eliminating half of the retail space and tons of money in construction cost.

I enjoy the photos of old Nashville, and especially the historical backgrounds of buildings. Thanks!!

In that middle photo, it's more like the early 1960s. There's a Chevy pickup truck in it that is of similar vintage to one I recently had restored.  Although the car at right looks like a late 1940s Plymouth. 

I can't see the article, does it say where the entrance/exit is going to be? 4th on the left is heading out of town and Ensley (didn't know it was a different name for whatever reason)/2nd Ave is heading into town.

Maybe this will finally get the city to fix the railroad overpass on 2nd? *fingers crossed*

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 4.07.16 PM.png

• Like 3

On 12/2/2020 at 4:50 AM, markhollin said:

Publix 8th Ave. South Grocery Store (3 stories, 39,600 sq. ft.,) update: Exterior nearly complete; landscaping underway.

There's way too much going on with the exterior of this building. What is with the pattern on those vertical accents? 

• Like 1