Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Actually, I think they have really picked-up the pace in the past several months.  But, indeed, there are some significant structural challenges in the older portions of the buildings. 

I agree with this. Currently there might be the more workers on site than I’ve seen since they started. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the property just recently changed hands this year, so something is probably up and my guess is homes.

On a related note here is the community meeting for the WeHo CH UDO this week.

Truck crashes into Zanies.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/dump-truck-crashes-into-zanies-comedy-club-no-one-hurt

• Like 2

It looks as if the Brian Paul Hotel was close to breaking ground the first quarter of 2020 according to the project brochure I found.

This was originally posted under MSA south Williamson County, but this is not in Williamson but Davidson County.

They had Yates as the GC,  ESa as the local architect of record, and Aimbridge & Evolution Hospitality, BHDM interior design, and they were using Waller law which is the best in Nashville.  Looks as if this was delayed by COVID!

Brian Paul Hotel | Clark County Region Center (ccrc.us)

Brian-Paul-Hotel.pdf (ccrc.us)

16 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Parcel viewer is showing Steinhouse still owns it all, I wonder if they are getting ready for an expansion. 

You are correct, I looked at the wrong parcel when I had it up. So I do not think anything will be happening unless they sell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

It looks as if the Brian Paul Hotel was close to breaking ground the first quarter of 2020 according to the project brochure I found.

This was originally posted under MSA south Williamson County, but this is not in Williamson but Davidson County.

They had Yates as the GC,  ESa as the local architect of record, and Aimbridge & Evolution Hospitality, BHDM interior design, and they were using Waller law which is the best in Nashville.  Looks as if this was delayed by COVID!

Brian Paul Hotel | Clark County Region Center (ccrc.us)

Brian-Paul-Hotel.pdf (ccrc.us)

You are correct, I looked at the wrong parcel when I had it up. So I do not think anything will be happening unless they sell.

So do you think that this project will survive the pandemic? It's a really fascinating and weird development to me, the design provided always made me think of it more as a fantasy project than anything else. I mean just imagining this feaux-radio tower and extravagant luxury resort looming above Brentwood is so funny to me.

post-concert.jpg

BirdseyeBPH2.jpg

Also, who is Brian Paul? I can't really seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

• Like 4

For those who don't have ability or time to go thru the PDF, here are the basics of where the Brian Paul Hotel development stands:

- Hotel & Spa (6 stories, 231 total rooms/suites, high class restaurant, 4 retail outlets, wine grotto bar, 500 capacity ballroom, pool and club.

- BP Music Venue: (3 stories, 650 capacity, 33,000 sq. ft. 

- Wellness Facility/Spa and condos (3 stories, 35,000 q. ft., 3 treatment pools/spas, Bistro restaurant, 13 penthouse condos)

- Extended  Stay Suites & Commercial Building (4 stories, 14 apts/suites, 10,000 sq. ft. commercial space, 4 music writing rooms)

- Garden Homes and Condos (2 & 3 stories,  two 4,000 sq. ft. homes and 13 other units)

- Parking garage (4 stories?) 

- Future 3 story building

- Wade Weissmann and Earl Swensson architects

- Yates Construction contractor

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 1.png

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 3.png

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 4.png

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 5.png

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 7.png

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 9.png

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 11.png

Brian Paul Hotel, Dec 23, 2020, render 12.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, henburg said:

So do you think that this project will survive the pandemic? It's a really fascinating and weird development to me, the design provided always made me think of it more as a fantasy project than anything else. I mean just imagining this feaux-radio tower and extravagant luxury resort looming above Brentwood is so funny to me.

post-concert.jpg

BirdseyeBPH2.jpg

Also, who is Brian Paul? I can't really seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

Brian Paul Weissmann – Founder, CEO

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

The 4 story, 69 unit condo building that will feature 1,500 sq. ft. on the east side of theT intersection of Merritt Ave. and Rains Ave. may finally be moving after 4 years of delays.  Ground is being cleared.

Merritt & Rains Condos, Dec 12, 2020.jpeg

From the photo Mark I really do not see evidence of land being cleared as that is grass (Bermuda and Fescue or weeds) and not dirt.  Most images show cars parking on the gravel area on the side of the road.It was already a vacant lot there. There are no open permits other than the current Community  Plan permits which is housekeeping for the MPC to adapt the new plan. No tree removal permits or anything. This will probably have to go in front of the MPC before anything happens and there have not even been any plans released.

Cumberland Advisory is not well known for their developments in Nashville. They may do something, but my guess is they will land bank it and sell to another developer.

56 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

From the photo Mark I really do not see evidence of land being cleared as that is grass (Bermuda and Fescue or weeds) and not dirt.  Most images show cars parking on the gravel area on the side of the road.It was already a vacant lot there. There are no open permits other than the current Community  Plan permits which is housekeeping for the MPC to adapt the new plan. No tree removal permits or anything. This will probably have to go in front of the MPC before anything happens and there have not even been any plans released.

Cumberland Advisory is not well known for their developments in Nashville. They may do something, but my guess is they will land bank it and sell to another developer.

It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but a lot of dirt had been moved at the far end of the lot, plus a bunch of underbrush removed.  May just be some "house cleaning" of the site.