Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

On 1/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, VSRJ said:

^ Was coming here to say the same! It can be done... 

image.thumb.png.d3fee2ff375c129e9ea9f3ef7531c18b.png

I doubt this Kroger (even though not the original tenant) is strapped for cash from those windows. And yeah, some of them are covered, but it looks much better than whatever's going on with the Publix design.

I was shopping at that ^^^ location mid '70's when I was living on Brightwood near Belmont BL. Harris Teeter was not a thing then.  Does anyone know if it was a Kroger at that time?

Here's how HEB does it, they put cafe seating along one row of windows, and escalators along another row from 2nd  story parking at this Houston site:

H-E-B Buffalo Heights Houston 

The above and one other multilevel HEB are < 2 miles of my house. The other 2 multilevel HEB stores are single use,  have parking down and shopping up, and all 3 being urban sites, display artwork from local artists. The largest grocery in the Houston region is the HEB in suburban Cinco Ranch, 1 level. Take a look at this 2 level monster in  somewhat dense suburban Bellaire to see how windows are utilized: New Two - Story HEB .... - Bing video

BTW the intense competition between Kroger and HEB in Houston drove out Albertsons and Safeway and has almost obliterated local chains Randall's and Rice Epicurean. If you have never seen Boris Yeltsin's first experience of an American grocery, you should look up the video with translation of his amazement; that was a modest Randall's near NASA in Clear Lake.

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Hastings Architects has some interesting renderings of a couple of structures to be part of The Finery development along Gray Street in WEHO. There is this nice aerial view...

1835987377_Fineryaerial.jpg.cd30fee81b0db393380ac83e2c22eaf4.jpg

Then there are pictures of the Wroughtwright Apartments which look interesting...

677040569_FineryWroughtwright.jpg.6c7c0b81d06679b54b133e4e8d02bce5.jpg

And some views of the T3 Building..

752563751_FineryT3.jpg.bf997002f8a3e8da20433db2031b7aea.jpg

Some nice development that fits this neighborhood character well.

Well, that's interesting. The architects seemed to have removed these renderings from their website portfolio since these were posted here.

• Confused 2

A bit more info about Hagan + Hamilton (see Mon. Feb. 1st posting in this thread for the three building 4 & 5 story project): Amenities will include a swimming pool, a club room, various patios and private outdoor space, and fitness center, among others.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145828/ground-breaks-on-gulch-mixeduse-building

New diagram:

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.25.47 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Looks like some signage going up on the May Hosiery buildings.  Not entirely sure what/who it's for.

IMG_3611.jpeg

They have a huge neon sign in that building that I’ve seen on my runs. I would assume it will be going on the exterior there. 

Edited by DMilner
  • Like 3

I am guessing that that is the new Nashville office for the developer of the May Hosiery... Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital.

I would be surprised if they are planning to take the neon cowboy out of the space, since it is so large and is basically built into the interior now.

• Like 2