Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

2 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I was told that UTSA will be working with both Metro and CSX, the owner of Radnor Yards; and CSX has bought property southwest of Nashville (I think in Williamson) for a replacement terminal switching hub. The way Radnor is set up today, it is really obsolete and comparatively inefficient. Plus, they expect to be able to get more than a billion for the land alone if they decide to sell. 

Where in the world did they find land in Williamson County?

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I have to imagine it's Rutherford County, not Williamson. I also doubt WillCo would want it. Rutherford County is becoming a fair sized logistics/distribution hub - with large tracts of industrial land, and other tracts ripe for rezoning along existing rail lines. Quick access to I-24, and I-40/I-65 via I-840 for multi-modal/distribution makes Rutherford ideal.  Just my opinion. But the implications for Nashville are mind-boggling! Wow....huge potential, game-changing news.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PostRural said:

Was browsing around the Development Map a few weeks ago and noticed this. I could've missed a post, but searched and couldn't find it. Any other information on this one available? Thanks Smeags, Mark and everyone for doing all this work to keep us in the know.

Welcome to the forum, PostRural.  : )

Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Thanks and welcome as well PostRural.

Just doing a little search on the map and noticed a nice area where the yards could be moved to in Williamson County. This would be on the north side of 840 where the tracks go under 840. I am working off my tablet and is hard to hunt and peck and post, but  on maps this would be just NW of Arrington Vinyards. A interchage would have to be built around Cox road to accomadate truck traffic associated with a new facility, but it could be done.

There is nothing there but farm land. There are all kinds of surprises on my map if you look at it long enough.

I think the people out there would throw a major fit if this happened.  Will be interesting to see.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, titanhog said:

There some flat land near 840 SW of Fairview that could be a possibility.....I'm thinking that would be the only place in Williamson County where people wouldn't throw a fit over it.

Rutherford County I think would be the best option.

Edited by bnacincy
Content
  • Like 2

Berry Hill Apartments (4 stories, 314 units) has broken ground, with clearing of site underway. An additional rendering also released. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/02/05/berry-hills.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

Berry Hill Apts, Feb 8, 2021, render.png

Looking north from Fessey Park Rd., 1/2 bock north of Berry Rd:

Berry Hill Apts, Feb 8, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking east from Fessey Park Rd., 1/2 bock north of Berry Rd:

Berry Hill Apts, Feb 8, 2021, 2.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

A 2 story mixed-use building featuring 6 retail spaces on main floor totaling 14,000 sq. ft., and and 2nd story office space of 14, 000 sq. ft. has started construction at 412 Harding Place.  This is in the shopping center that features the Habitat Humanity Store on the NW corner of Harding and Nolensville Pike. NKB LLC is the developer; H. Michael Hindman is the architect,; and Baron Construction is the contractor.   A $2 million permit for construction has been granted.  

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145835/work-starts-on-mixeduse-building-in-south-nashville

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development maps shows the site highlighted in magenta at the center of the frame:

412 Harding, Feb 9, 2021, site map.png

Nostalgic!  :tw_love:  My old stomping ground.  Miss that place.   Where has the time gone!?

Interesting development there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markhollin said:

A 2 story mixed-use building featuring 6 retail spaces on main floor totaling 14,000 sq. ft., and and 2nd story office space of 14, 000 sq. ft. has started construction at 412 Harding Place.  This is in the shopping center that features the Habitat Humanity Store on the NW corner of Harding and Nolensville Pike. NKB LLC is the developer; H. Michael Hindman is the architect,; and Baron Construction is the contractor.   A $2 million permit for construction has been granted.  

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145835/work-starts-on-mixeduse-building-in-south-nashville

412 Harding, Feb 9, 2021, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development maps shows the site highlighted in magenta at the center of the frame:

412 Harding, Feb 9, 2021, site map.png

Much welcomed to the neighborhood! Hopefully more to come. Maybe one or two of those businesses displaced by the Mapco expansion at Trousdale & Harding (Back to Cuba, Best Donuts, etc...) can move in when it eventually opens...

• Like 4