Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

13 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

What now? People walk constantly on 8th, and they are walking on the shoulders, through parking lots, and even in the road. And in large groups, just yesterday I saw a group of 6 use the crosswalk across Craighead from the sidewalk in front of those apartments to be unceremoniously dumped right into the grass in front of the Comcast store  

It might be 4 lanes but anything beyond 35-40mph has long pasted 8th unless in the middle of the night, with all the lights people turning off/on to the street it’s really very slow and desperately could use sidewalks on both sides. 

I mean, I see people walking a little bit and it stands out because it looks crazy. I'm walking on 8th daily, usually multiple times a day and it is rare that I pass a single other person walking. At night, you see a bachelorette party walking from Sinema or whatnot, but they are isolated and it looks like they got lost and made a mistake. Meanwhile, it I'm on 12th or in the Gulch, it is constantly ped traffic. I'm not staying there are not some people walking, but it is not at all heavy ped traffic and like 95% of people going to businesses on 8th are getting there by car. And regardless of the speed limit, people are absolutely doing 45+ (maybe 50 was a very slight exaggeration! :) ) down 8th between Publix and Kirkwood all day long except for commute times when there is heavier traffic. When you have a wide street like that with fast cars, it is just not a very pleasant place to walk. The most pedestrian traffic by far is around douglas corner, where the road narrows significantly, cars are (mostly) moving slower, and the street design, while still not perfect, still signals to cars to slow down.

• Like 1

Cascade Apartments (numerous 3 story buildings, 339 units) update: 8 buildings topped out, about 5 more to rise.

Looking NE from Murfreesboro Pike, 1/2 block north of Mt. View Rd:

Cascade Apts, April 10, 2021, 1.jpeg

Various shots from within the complex:

Cascade Apts, April 10, 2021, 2.jpeg

Cascade Apts, April 10, 2021, 3.jpeg

Cascade Apts, April 10, 2021, 4.jpeg

Looking west from Mt. View Rd., 1/2 block NE of Murfreesboro Pike:

Cascade Apts, April 10, 2021, 5.jpeg

• Like 3

The Crossings has announced the first phase of their residential units: Several 4 story structures with 358 total units on the 18.6 acre site on Crossings Blvd. 1/4 block south of Mt. View Rd. near Hickory Hollow Mall.   The 2nd phase will have an additional 192 units and 35,000 sq. ft. of retail.  There will be 9 buildings in total ranging from 3 to 4 stories when fully realized. EOA Architects and Catalyst Group are in charge of designs. A new rendering of Phase 1 is below. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/20/antioch-apartments-middle-street-partners.html

Crossings, April 20, 2021, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Crossings, April 20, 2021, site map.png

• Like 3

18 hours ago, VSRJ said:

WeHo will be unrecognizable in 5 years. I'm so glad Diskin will remain (at least according to the renderings).

The second that Diskin can hit whatever number they have in their head for that land,  they will sell and move the Diskin taproom to somewhere even more tourist accessible.

8 minutes ago, Melrose said:

The second that Diskin can hit whatever number they have in their head for that land,  they will sell and move the Diskin taproom to somewhere even more tourist accessible.

Sigh. I love that space so much. That will be a sad day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Yeah, that spot is quite good. I was just saying moving somewhere to expand production, certain days when you are in there right before a big canning you can tell they are already running out of room. 

That is definitely true. I wonder if they would open just a stand-alone brewery/packaging location. It would allow them to open even more of the current building up for tables.  

I want to say they do have an off-site canning location, but my poor memory could be making that up.

It's just such an... un-Nashville place, if that makes sense. It's a nice change of pace compared to the cookie-cutter developments popping up in the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VSRJ said:

I want to say they do have an off-site canning location, but my poor memory could be making that up.

It's just such an... un-Nashville place, if that makes sense. It's a nice change of pace compared to the cookie-cutter developments popping up in the area.

It makes perfect sense!! It has a very different feel/vibe and one that we love. I used to be a regular there and remember our first visit the day or day after it opened. Great people, too.

14 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I hope Nashville proper's main commercial streets outside of the central core are all lined with developments like this within the not too distant future!  Let's rebuild that street wall!

Agreed, but I do hope the walls are a little more interesting architecturally.

• Like 3