Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Sigler Street apartments.  Looking east from Music Square East:

Sigler Court apartments, April 15, 2017.jpg

Ha.   I ran by this just yesterday and what struck me was the "park" next door.  It's actually a metro park (Tony Rose Park), but seems rather sad and neglected.  It has a large cul de sac in the middle of it and some decent playground equipment and a little gazebo on one side.   On the other side of the cul de sac is just a vacant lot behind a guard rail that serves no purpose.   Lots of new construction in the adjacent neighborhood (Sigler and Hawkins streets) and families moving in.   Perhaps the neighborhood can persuade the Parks dept to plant some trees and add a few benches.  It could be a real asset.     

Looking South

Tony_Rose1.png

Looking North

Tony_Rose2.png

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 4

http://keep8th4lanes.com/

Oh good lord. 

"Pro-gridlock"

Ok last edit, probably, more than half the people on the supporters list aren't even located on the section of 8th in question. 

Edit: Registered to, way to stand up what you believe in... by hiding your name.

Name: Registration Private 
Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Edited by PaulChinetti
addition

20 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

http://keep8th4lanes.com/

Oh good lord. 

"Pro-gridlock"

Ok last edit, probably, more than half the people on the supporters list aren't even located on the section of 8th in question. 

Edit: Registered to, way to stand up what you believe in... by hiding your name.

Name: Registration Private 
Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC

If I lived on a residential through street like 10th Ave, I would be concerned about this. I'm just not convinced traffic will funnel onto I-65.

Edited by claya91

4 hours ago, claya91 said:

If I lived on a residential through street like 10th Ave, I would be concerned about this. I'm just not convinced traffic will funnel onto I-65.

10th is getting narrowed with bike lanes and traffic calming, as well. Neighbors are pushing pretty hard for stop signs or traffic circles. Not sure if the latter two things will happen, though.

• Like 1

I have to admit, I use 10th in order to avoid 12th to Kirkwood. Even with traffic calming, that would still be fine. To many Pedestrians not watching what they are doing on 12th.

Also, too many drivers going way to fast on 12th as well. The speed limit needs to be 20 MPH or even 15 mph thru the busy section.

• Like 4

I don't know when I even get up to 20mph on 12th....maybe early on a weekend morning...too congested.

There has been a push for the traffic calming (on 10th) by locals, but metro traffic kept pushing back not wanting to slow it down too much. Metro also was pushing back at multiple stop signs and crosswalks on 10th. The thinking is that certain stretches - Belmont, 12th, 10th and 8th need to be allowed to flow. I do think that this time, the current local group is going to get some changes on 10th due in large part to the school, no amount of patrolling is slowing people down, even the parents dropping off kids are speeding (when leaving), I have heard.