Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

2 acre property next to fairgrounds sells for $2.3 million, 3 story, 83 unit shipping container apartment project to get underway by year's end.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/08/29/nonprofit-group-sells-wedgewood-houston-shipping-container-residential-project-site-s-700-percent-ga/609696001/

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.10.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.10.50 PM.png

• Like 3

I realize building with shipping containers is a thing now, but I don't know much about the practicalities of it.     For example, what kind of insulation load do you have to line them with in order to efficiently heat/cool the interiors?    I just picture these things as little ovens in a Nashville summer.  

The group that’s bringing a cidery to the Wedgewood-Houston neighborhood has paid $3.37 million for roughly 1.8 adjacent acres with future plans for a mixed-use project.

Adam Diskin, a partner with Russell Hirsch in buying the properties that include 476 Gray St., said the components could include residential housing plus retail, restaurant, bar and outdoor event space. Michael Goorevich and Manuel Zeitlin are the architects.

“We’re going to add complementary users to the cidery, maintaining the integrity of the neighborhood,” Diskin said.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/08/30/wedgewood-houston-cidery-developer-pays-3-37-m-adjacent-mixed-use-site/617893001/

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 5.42.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 5.42.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 5.43.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.09.39 AM.png

• Like 3

Tuck-Hinton Architects are moving from the former Elm Street Methodist Building in SoBro (where they have been for 22 years) to May Hosiery Building in WeHo.  Will take 12,000+ square feet in the rehabbed factory, which is now 40% leased. The SoBro building was sold to a brewery group earlier this week (see the story in the Repurposed Building thread).

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/08/31/tuck-hinton-architects-moving-wedgewood-houstons-may-hosiery-co-op/620647001/

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20974155/tuckhinton-preps-move-to-wedgewoodhouston

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 3.24.49 PM.png

• Like 2

From today's Nashville Post:

The developer of a micro-apartment project eyed for the general Wedgewood-Houston area has released an image of the building.

New York City-based design and product development firm BentoBox LLC has enlisted Nashville-based EOA Architects to handle design of the structure (pictured).

The LLC is planning an 89-unit five-story building for the parcel, which has an address of 1267 Third Ave. S. and is located in Chestnut Hill adjacent to Wedgewood-Houston.

Justin Koziol, chief operating officer of Brooklyn-based BentoBox, said the company will soon disclose more information, including a start date and the company to handle leasing and marketing. The Brentwood office of Birmingham-based B.L. Harbert International will serve as general contractor.

The micro-units are expected to range in size from about 300 square feet to about 550 square feet and be priced, tentatively, starting at $1,200 per month, Koziol said.

The company will go before the Metro Council on Tuesday seeking specific plan zoning for the site. The project would sit within Metro Councilman Colby Sledge’s District 17.

"The BentoBox team has continued to work toward a creative project that will complement the 4th Avenue South corridor and activate vacant property," Sledge said. "The team has been very active in meetings with members of the Chestnut Hill community, which is at the top of the list of what I look for as a council member."

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 2.59.44 PM.png

The location is the odd shaped lot in teal shown on the screenshot from Smeoglsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map:

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 3.02.58 PM.png

• Like 4

Metro will offer current operator Tony Formosa a 5-year-contract to continue running the fairgrounds racetrack, bypassing a bid from one of the world's preeminent racing companies.

The procurement panel downgraded Speedway Motorsports' bid because the company wanted a 30-year deal and for Metro to fully fund capital renovations.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/08/31/metro-award-fairgrounds-racetrack-contract-formosa/622823001/

• Like 2

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

The developer of a micro-apartment project eyed for the general Wedgewood-Houston area has released an image of the building.

New York City-based design and product development firm BentoBox LLC has enlisted Nashville-based EOA Architects to handle design of the structure (pictured).

The LLC is planning an 89-unit five-story building for the parcel, which has an address of 1267 Third Ave. S. and is located in Chestnut Hill adjacent to Wedgewood-Houston.

Justin Koziol, chief operating officer of Brooklyn-based BentoBox, said the company will soon disclose more information, including a start date and the company to handle leasing and marketing. The Brentwood office of Birmingham-based B.L. Harbert International will serve as general contractor.

The micro-units are expected to range in size from about 300 square feet to about 550 square feet and be priced, tentatively, starting at $1,200 per month, Koziol said.

The company will go before the Metro Council on Tuesday seeking specific plan zoning for the site. The project would sit within Metro Councilman Colby Sledge’s District 17.

"The BentoBox team has continued to work toward a creative project that will complement the 4th Avenue South corridor and activate vacant property," Sledge said. "The team has been very active in meetings with members of the Chestnut Hill community, which is at the top of the list of what I look for as a council member."

The location is the odd shaped lot in teal shown on the screenshot from Smeoglsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map:

300 sq/ft starting at 1200 per month?? Wonder what I could get for my bedroom closet.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Metro will offer current operator Tony Formosa a 5-year-contract to continue running the fairgrounds racetrack, bypassing a bid from one of the world's preeminent racing companies.

The procurement panel downgraded Speedway Motorsports' bid because the company wanted a 30-year deal and for Metro to fully fund capital renovations.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/08/31/metro-award-fairgrounds-racetrack-contract-formosa/622823001/

Well...that stinks.  Was really hoping SM could come in and take over and make the upgrades they were talking about...and actually bring some NASCAR events back to the track.  Their expertise could have been invaluable.

• Like 3

^^^ugh... Nashville I love ya but once again, youre doing it wrong!  You forgot how to urban.  At first glance that shot almost looks vaguely SFish... then you look closer and realize... THE BUILDINGS ARE BACKWARD!  Why oh why oh why...

EDIT: it looks like perhaps there are doors part of the way up that may just have yet to be connected with stairs... if thats the case then Nashville, I apologize.  Haha

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

^^^ugh... Nashville I love ya but once again, youre doing it wrong!  You forgot how to urban.  At first glance that shot almost looks vaguely SFish... then you look closer and realize... THE BUILDINGS ARE BACKWARD!  Why oh why oh why...

Backwards how?  I think those are the front doors we're looking at if that's what you mean, but they just haven't built the stairs/porches yet.  Though I'm probably missing the point here.

36 minutes ago, ruraljuror said:

Backwards how?  I think those are the front doors we're looking at if that's what you mean, but they just haven't built the stairs/porches yet.  Though I'm probably missing the point here.

Yeah i think youre right... you must have missed my edit haha :)

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 10:55 PM, BnaBreaker said:

EDIT: it looks like perhaps there are doors part of the way up that may just have yet to be connected with stairs... if thats the case then Nashville, I apologize.  Haha

This street should be called airbnb row. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Super 8 Motel on Spence Lane closed its doors this week after being sold to a Denver-based multifamily investor that plans to convert the property into apartments.

R. Investments RLLP paid $8.5 million for the Murfreesboro Pike-area location, which had been touted as an apartment redevelopment opportunity with 234 units and more than 7,000 square feet of restaurant and retail space. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/09/22/murfreesboro-pike-area-super-8-motel-sold-8-5-million-likely-become-apartments/685266001/

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 8.43.09 AM.png

• Like 1

The developer of a micro-apartment building eyed for the general Wedgewood-Houston area has landed a permit for preliminary site work, with full-scale construction to begin by December.

In addition, New York City-based design and product development firm BentoBox LLC has named the project Bento Nashville.

Of note, the building will offer a restaurant space. 

BentoBox LLC has enlisted Nashville-based EOA Architects to handle design of the structure (pictured). The Brentwood office of Birmingham-based B.L. Harbert International will serve as general contractor.

The LLC is planning the 89-unit five-story building for a parcel with an address of both 1267 Third Ave. S. and 321 Hart St. The site is located in Chestnut Hill adjacent to Wedgewood-Houston.

The permit is valued at $19.4 million.

Justin Koziol, BentoBox LLC chief operating officer, said the micro-units are expected to range in size from about 300 square feet to about 550 square feet and be priced, tentatively, starting at $1,200 per month, Koziol said.

The building will sit within Metro Councilman Colby Sledge’s District 17. 

Bento Box Apts, WeHo render, Aug 30, 2017.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

A duo of developers pursuing a condo project in Germantown are set to buy a site for a second, much larger condo building at the edge of downtown.

Dennis Devine and Meg Epstein are under contract to buy 1.2 acres of land on Fifth Avenue South, on the other side of Interstate 40 from SoBro — which has been the epicenter of Nashville's real estate boom, as seen on our Crane Watch map. In an interview, Epstein said their plan calls for a nine-story building with 140 condos.

The contract is notable because it is another sign that the blitz of property sales and construction in SoBro is extending farther south from Demonbreun Street, where that activity has been concentrated. While there's currently an oversupply of apartments in the heart of the city, as evidenced by the number of buildings offering two months free rent to prospective tenants, the Nashville Downtown Partnership has found an "extremely low supply" of condos, which tend to attract a different type of resident. The sites Devine and Epstein are under contract to buy are near the fast-changing Wedgewood-Houston neighborhood and the 21-acre site home to shuttered Greer Stadium, which is targeted for a proposed $101 million mixed-use development.

"The views are really what attracted us, and the proximity to downtown. You're so accessible," Epstein said. "Even though it's still more of an industrial area, in the next few years, we definitely anticipate it filling in and more development happening."

Epstein said she expects the building wouldn't open for another 30 months. There are signs of that transition starting to take root. New Heights Brewing Co. and a CrossFit franchise are on the same small block. Other neighbors include Pollock Printing and an electrical contractor.

Separately, Epstein and Devine are working on a 35-unit condo building in Germantown, on the Cumberland River. Site work is set to start next month, as Epstein and Devine finish negotiating a construction loan with First Farmers & Merchants Bank, of Columbia, Tenn. A marketing campaign to drum up pre-sales is about to begin, Epstein said.

Full article behind the paywall at NBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/09/27/developers-target-140-condos-for-property-at.html

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 5.36.19 PM.png

Devine & Epstein condo render off 5th Ave. South.png

• Like 3