Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

A 3 story, 64,000 sq. ft. Class A office building by Eakin Partners on the 3.5 acre site at 652 Grassmere Park now has some renderings. A July 2020 completion is planned.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21025911/image-released-for-proposed-grassmere-office-building

652 Grassmere Park, Oct 5, 2018, render 1.png

652 Grassmere Park, Oct 5, 2018, render 2.png

652 Grassmere Park, Oct 5, 2018, site map.png

• Like 1

The two buildings on the lot of the former Krystal on 8th Ave S/Franklin Pike have been bulldozed.  I believe this will be the site of a Chick-Fil-A.

On Smeagolsfree's excellent development map, it is the lot with two small buildings on it between the Kroger Fuel Center and Franklin Pike.  @smeagolsfree, there's no color block on this one.  Just sayin'.

1082094525_ScreenShot2018-10-06at5_28_03PM.png.a839650f0c20d80a858dc5ef758b969c.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I sort of draw the line at putting fast food restaurants on the map. I do put a lot of stuff on there.

Yes, you do!  LOTS of stuff on the map!  Some of my wife's friends told her about this and she can't wait!

!

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Agreed on the traffic, hopefully they do some kind of exit through the back?

Not looking forward to lunchtime around there. Might have to start eating earlier/later ha.

Not sure, but minutes from a recent Berry Hill zoning meeting reveal some details:701867966_ScreenShot2018-10-08at12_55_12PM.thumb.png.75d70bdbda981eb1e5deb8a115194d0d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't imagine how bad traffic is going to be. That is an extremely small lot as well, so that isn't going to help. What exactly are the magnetic bollards they are talking about? What would that do for traffic?

They just opened a new location near Lenox Village about a month ago and it is still a mess. I tried to go Saturday night and couldn't even get into the parking lot due to the drive thru overflowing so much.

• Like 1

https://gorillapost.com

First thing that came up when I searched for magnetic bollards. So are they going to have people out there moving them around? 

I hope Berry Hill and Metro realize how much traffic this place is going to get. 

I wonder if they bollards will be put up if the drive thru is full or something like that? People would just wait in 8th then... Woof.

6 hours ago, bigeasy said:

I can't imagine how bad traffic is going to be. That is an extremely small lot as well, so that isn't going to help. What exactly are the magnetic bollards they are talking about? What would that do for traffic?

They just opened a new location near Lenox Village about a month ago and it is still a mess. I tried to go Saturday night and couldn't even get into the parking lot due to the drive thru overflowing so much.

Funny thing is, I typically just park and walk in and never have to wait at all at the locations I frequent (infrequently). The one in Brentwood is hilarious, I’ll park, walk in, eat, and leave and the same people are still waiting in the absurdly long drive-thru lane. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buildtall said:

I  have never figured out how so many people like the flavorless chicken that  chik-fil-a serves. 

lol... yeah, I think it's pretty overrated too... I mean, I get why someone in like, suburban Jacksonville would fawn over Chik-Fil-A, but if you want good chicken in Nashville there's about a hundred places I'd go before it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Chick-fil-A restaurants are cleaner than most fast food restaurants. Their employees are always polite and seem happy to serve the customers (unlike the rude, surly & inattentive employees behind the counter at lots of burger joints). These qualities, and a product that is above average for fast food, make their restaurants successful. When I go, which is not often, I usually order the spicy deluxe!

Fast food is the restaurant category and CFA excels there.  They are now the #2 fast food chain in the country, and growing for a reason.

Try the Polynesian sauce with the spicy deluxe.  You get the heat and the sweet!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Fast food is the restaurant category and CFA excels there.  They are now the #2 fast food chain in the country, and growing for a reason.

Try the Polynesian sauce with the spicy deluxe.  You get the heat and the sweet!

And when in the Atlanta area, ask for Truett’s House Dressing.

Edited by WebberThomas4
  • Thanks 1