Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

EKA Hospitality is looking to put .a Candlewood Suites hotel on the 1.85 acre plot they own at 4697 Trousdale Drive in Crieve Hall, just to the east of the I-65 Harding Road interchange. Permits for water and sewer have been applied for.  No renderings or word on size nor height yet. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21033109/crieve-hallarea-site-eyed-for-hotel

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 12.15.42 PM.png

• Like 3

On 11/23/2018 at 5:56 AM, markhollin said:

83 Freight (3 stories, 91 storage container apt. units) is finally underway.  The wooded land has been cleared.

Looking north along Byrum Ave., 1/2 block south of Wingrove St:

A sample of one of the one room efficiency container units on site:

83 Freight, Nov 22, 2018, 3.jpg

83 Freight, Nov 22, 2018, 4.jpg

83 Freight, Nov 22, 2018, 5.jpg

83 Freight, Nov 22, 2018, 6.jpg

I'm still not 100% sold on using containers for permanent housing. So much work needs to go into each container unit to make it habitable. Containers are to permanent buildings like pallets are to furniture. While I love the re-use effort of them, I believe they will ultimately be a fad. I like idea of breaking down a pallet and using the material other projects rather than building using them in their current form. Containers ultimately could be broken down and the metal used as a facade skin rather then using the container itself. 

Wholly my opinion of course

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I'm still not 100% sold on using containers for permanent housing. So much work needs to go into each container unit to make it habitable. Containers are to permanent buildings like pallets are to furniture. While I love the re-use effort of them, I believe they will ultimately be a fad. I like idea of breaking down a pallet and using the material other projects rather than building using them in their current form. Containers ultimately could be broken down and the metal used as a facade skin rather then using the container itself. 

Wholly my opinion of course

I like the idea of it for affordable rental units, but I would never 1. buy a container unit dwelling, or 2. pay premium rental prices for one. 

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Enterprise Rental Car finished and now open.

Looking NE from 8th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Argyle Place:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 5.08.17 AM.png

Is this a two story?  It looks like Enterprise occupies the bottom floor but there could be a top floor full of windowless offices.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:08 AM, markhollin said:

Enterprise Rental Car finished and now open.

Looking NE from 8th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Argyle Place:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 5.08.17 AM.png

I drove by yesterday around 5:45 and there were metal studs going up as far back as I could see on the top floor.  Wonder who wants to work in a windowless office space?  There is the amenity of having Baked On 8th just up the street.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Mainland converting The Chelsea to condos.        Another group of long-term renters likely to be living next to Airbnbs. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21035231/12south-project-going-condo

Chelsea1.5c06e3bd937b5.jpg

It was last year, I believe, that the Nashville Scene voted this one of the ugliest new buildings in Nashville.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Mainland converting The Chelsea to condos.        Another group of long-term renters likely to be living next to Airbnbs. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21035231/12south-project-going-condo

Chelsea1.5c06e3bd937b5.jpg

The website says condo sales begin this Saturday, December 8.

http://chelseanashville.com