Jump to content

smeagolsfree

12S/ 8S/Berry Hill/Belmont/WeHo/Chestnut Hill/Fairgrounds/ S. Nashville/Antioch Projects

Recommended Posts

I do wish they would build a great middle TN civil war museum there.  Would be the perfect place for it...and would, of course, involve a memorial to freed black slaves who died constructing the fort.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Red Horse has done A LOT of the new homes in Wedgewood-Houston.   One of the owners, is the son of Edward Ewing, the developer of the proposed West Trinity Lane project with new bridges over the Cumberland.   An affordable housing project like this should carry some favor with the affordable housing advocates on the Metro Council.    

 

See here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/05/meet-texas-tycoon-who-says-he-wants-invest-500-m-nashville/323438001/

 

http://dev.redhorsedevco.com/tony-ewing/ 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Even if NASCAR actually brings a 2nd/3rd tier race to the Speedway, they will need to expand the seating by at least 3X.

Pretty sure they had lower level NASCAR races there not too long ago...right?  Like within the last 20 years?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Even if NASCAR actually brings a 2nd/3rd tier race to the Speedway, they will need to expand the seating by at least 3X.

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

Pretty sure they had lower level NASCAR races there not too long ago...right?  Like within the last 20 years?

The Cup Series last raced at the Fairgrounds in 1984, Grand National and Truck Series in 2000.

The smallest facility currently on the Grand National / Truck schedule (not counting Eldora) is Iowa Speedway, which seats 30,000. (Iowa, at 7/8 mile, is not actually that much larger than the Fairgrounds Speedway in general.) Expanding the Fairgrounds Speedway by three times gets it to about that amount, but that also assumes that the races are a sellout, which is not a given for a weekend without an attached Cup race. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

The Cup Series last raced at the Fairgrounds in 1984, Grand National and Truck Series in 2000.

The smallest facility currently on the Grand National / Truck schedule (not counting Eldora) is Iowa Speedway, which seats 30,000. (Iowa, at 7/8 mile, is not actually that much larger than the Fairgrounds Speedway in general.) Expanding the Fairgrounds Speedway by three times gets it to about that amount, but that also assumes that the races are a sellout, which is not a given for a weekend without an attached Cup race. 

 

I knew the Cup series went away in the 80's...but I was thinking they had something later than 2000.  No Busch series or other truck series stuff there after that?  I guess that was just at the Superspeedway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 7:17 PM, MLBrumby said:

Even if NASCAR actually brings a 2nd/3rd tier race to the Speedway, they will need to expand the seating by at least 3X.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:31 PM, PruneTracy said:

The Cup Series last raced at the Fairgrounds in 1984, Grand National and Truck Series in 2000.

The smallest facility currently on the Grand National / Truck schedule (not counting Eldora) is Iowa Speedway, which seats 30,000. (Iowa, at 7/8 mile, is not actually that much larger than the Fairgrounds Speedway in general.) Expanding the Fairgrounds Speedway by three times gets it to about that amount, but that also assumes that the races are a sellout, which is not a given for a weekend without an attached Cup race. 

While to meet the current requirements they would have to expand, I doubt without significant help from Metro would they actually expand the seating. Nascar ownership has begun to listen to the fan base in that the smaller venues / smaller tracks are more desirable. They also mentioned that the track would be starting out as a mid-week event, similar to Eldora. The Eldora race is sold out every year and that is dirt racing trucks. If they are able to join together Trucks and Xfinity series together for a mid-week event they would have no problem filling the current track and getting sponsors for the events.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one project I don't mind them dropping the floor-count. Spectrum also has a good reputation and they continue to be interested in more investment in Nashville. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the developers worked with the residents in the area. And because it's not in the CBD and the neighborhoods around it have not yet transitioned to urban (townhouse/apartment block) residential yet. It's happening, and very fast. But that stretch is prime. There will be a 10-20 story building proposed/built on the stretch of 12th outside the inner loop at some point during the 2020s. If the Buckingham tower goes on the triangle lot, that will grease the skids... but that's still a big IF. I hope that happens. For now, eight stories at that spot (which is essentially equivalent to 8 stories in Music Row) is fine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eakin Partners plans to develop 30 acres at Century Farms south of Antioch.  It will focus on build-to-suit office buildings.  Looking at primarily 50,000 sq. ft. sized structures, with a total of 600 K between all of them. 

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21038920/developer-eyes-office-buildings-for-century-farms

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.01.57 AM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Family Justice Center and Metro Police HQ (2 and 3 stories) update. Nearly complete.

Looking NE from intersection of Murfreesboro Pike and Cleveland Ave:

Family Justice Center, Dec 30, 2018, 1.jpg


Looking NE from 1/2 block east of intersection of Murfreesboro Pike and Cleveland Ave:

Family Justice Center, Dec 30, 2018, 2.jpg


Looking NW from Murfreesboro Pike,  1/2 block east of Foster Ave:

Family Justice Center, Dec 30, 2018, 3.jpg


Looking NW from Murfreesboro Pike, near intersection with Foster Ave:

Family Justice Center, Dec 30, 2018, 4.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Eakin Partners plans to develop 30 acres at Century Farms south of Antioch.  It will focus on build-to-suit office buildings.  Looking at primarily 50,000 sq. ft. sized structures, with a total of 600 K between all of them. 

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21038920/developer-eyes-office-buildings-for-century-farms

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.01.57 AM.png

That's already a lot of employees there, and it's really not started (won't consider that until the Hickory Hollow Pkwy extension is completed. 

I can't read the number of employees at Asurion there (I'll never understand why people who use graphics refuse to choose contrasting colors). Anyhoo, will those Asurion employees move downtown when their HQ is finished? 

Then there's the matter of traffic. If this area is to become another Cool Springs type of office/retail hub, then there needs to be excellent east-west traffic flow all the way to Brentwood and even to I-40. There is a huge expanse of land between Antioch/Brentwood/I-840/OHB and the network of neighborhood connector streets will not be enough to support the area. I recall back when I lived in Nashville that there was a proposal for a "Tri-County Expressway" which was even discussed as possibly a tollway. I think that discussion even prompted state lawmakers to prohibit tollways in the state.  I understand Sen. Ketron has been working on changing that. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the transformation going on in Weho, and the Bento Box development is one of my favorites of the bunch... I must say though that it is a bit odd seeing all of these big multi-unit residential buildings going up in an area that basically has the infrastructure of a small Mississippi town.  It's impossible for the city to keep up completely with the explosive growth.  That would probably be an unreasonable expectation.  However, I do hope that at the very least they really start to take street and sidewalk improvements seriously, especially in neighborhoods like Weho, and The Nations, and others that are pretty bare bones in that regard, because all of these decrepit streets and crumbling or non-existent sidewalks are a bit embarrassing. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bento Box is in Chestnut Hill, 4th is the divider between it and WeHo. CH has glorious wide sidewalks on both sides of the street probably throughout 90% of the neighborhood.l, which is amazing  

WeHo has so few sidewalks it is embarrassing. BZA has let all these developers pay into the “sidewalk fund” and the amount of new sidewalks is slim to none. I would like to see where all the money has went. Or at least a plan for it. 

With all the continuing development AND the MLS stadium coming. There are going to be some serious infrastructure changes made in the roads around those two neighborhoods . 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Bento Box is in Chestnut Hill, 4th is the divider between it and WeHo. CH has glorious wide sidewalks on both sides of the street probably throughout 90% of the neighborhood.l, which is amazing  

WeHo has so few sidewalks it is embarrassing. BZA has let all these developers pay into the “sidewalk fund” and the amount of new sidewalks is slim to none. I would like to see where all the money has went. Or at least a plan for it. 

With all the continuing development AND the MLS stadium coming. There are going to be some serious infrastructure changes made in the roads around those two neighborhoods . 

I spoke to Colby about the sidewalk fund a few months ago. So many other areas of town have had sidewalks built, and we’ve had nothing in WeHo. Moore, Allison, Pillow, and Martin between Hamilton and Humphreys all need sidewalks. The sidewalk fund should be used to build sidewalks in the neighborhood they’re paid into from. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DMilner said:

I spoke to Colby about the sidewalk fund a few months ago. So many other areas of town have had sidewalks built, and we’ve had nothing in WeHo. Moore, Allison, Pillow, and Martin between Hamilton and Humphreys all need sidewalks. The sidewalk fund should be used to build sidewalks in the neighborhood they’re paid into from. 

Agreed 100%, I didn’t realize that they didn’t, that’s asinine!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.