Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

The Carroll Companies have paid $7.6 million for another 76 acre wooded plot along I-24 that will feature 550 residential units at a cost of $72 million.  This is just south of the $1.7 billion Century Farms development. Just 2 years ago, The Carrolls paid $3 million for 30 acres off of Murfreesboro Pike for a 339 unit project involving apartments and townhomes which has not started yet.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/04/30/n-c-developer-targets-72m-project-in-antioch.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.18.37 AM.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

My biggest issue is not being in a complete standstill every time csx passes by. 

There was a what you like/don't like board for everyone to put something on about the neighborhoods. I definitely wrote TRAIN CROSSINGS in all caps on the dislikes. 

I have a feeling nothing is going to change for that until something awful happens or a much larger player gets involved, who gets the city/state involved, who finally pressures CSX to do something about their schedule. Or the city/state ponies up the money to make some kind of bridge/under/overpass for the two crossings. But WHO knows, shrug...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Went to a charette for the WeHo/Chestnut Hill neighborhoods last night at Trevecca. 

Here is an image of the Chestnut Street Complete Street Ideas that the planning departments was getting residents opinions on. For each zone, they asked you which was the most important in each zone. This was just a warm up, they had a lot of great maps printed out. I couldn't get any pictures as everyone was browsing them.

The results of the charette is on Thursday at 5:30 at the Tarter Student Activites Center at Trevecca if anyone is interested in going.

Really looking forward to this. Was the vibe mostly supportive?

44 minutes ago, AronG said:

Really looking forward to this. Was the vibe mostly supportive?

Yeah it seemed everyone there was happy in general. Always people complaining about one thing or another in meetings like this but my particular table was open to a lot, as we talked about the various areas. Planning had broken down WeHo/Chestnut Hill into 6 areas. And we discussed what we would like to see stay and change in each. Then they will aggregate that over the next two days into what they present on Thursday.

The only thing I was disappointed about what the overall lack of diversity represented. Seemed like the whole crowd skewed younger, whiter and male. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The plan sounds extremely promising!  Thanks to the community, which actually seems to have it's collective head on straight in terms of what they want out of their neighborhood and expect from it, I think that part of town really has a chance to eventually become a truly dynamic, multi-faceted, working urban neighborhood complete with all uses I(including light industrial) more similar to the traditional neighborhoods found throughout the older sections of northeastern cities, as opposed to neighborhoods like The Gulch which, at least to this point, are more about appealing to a very specific niche.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

From what I've seen it doesn't look like they've started on the automated garage. I hope that happens, I know that a was one of the things the neighborhood was worried about all the extra people parking on the streets and without the garage that is exactly what would happen. 

3 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

@PaulChinetti was the area south of the fairgrounds discussed? It is currently just single family residences, but has enormous potential for mixed use and commercial. 

That's not considered part of WeHo so no it wasn't. I'm not sure what that area is considered, Bransford maybe, no idea. 

Also MDHA, owns that huge tract of land south of Vine Hill Towers, so that's all city property, and I think it's all a specific kind of housing now, I know it has a front gate.

Just now, PaulChinetti said:

Also MDHA, owns that huge tract of land south of Vine Hill Towers, so that's all city property, and I think it's all a specific kind of housing now, I know it has a front gate.

can you zoom in and specify what tract of land you are talking about?

Looks like Chick-fila is opening next week on 8th Ave S in front of the Kroger.

It seems like a disaster in the making, I don't know how they are going to manage traffic through there at all. Should be interesting.

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

@PaulChinetti thanks. It appears the row of houses along Bransford Avenue are not within that tract of land. Either way, this land should be zoned for mixed-use. 

I don't see it getting re-zoned anytime soon. It looks like it's for elderly adults and disabled individuals. 

http://www.nashville-mdha.org/communities    (scroll down a bit, Vine Hill Studio Apartments)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Looks like Chick-fila is opening next week on 8th Ave S in front of the Kroger.

It seems like a disaster in the making, I don't know how they are going to manage traffic through there at all. Should be interesting.

I know they’re making it right turn only for a majority of the day, which should help the exiting vehicles. The people turning left into   the restaurant are what’s going to back everything up. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Baronakim said:

I am annoyed that I can't locate the post about the Schemerhorn being mistaken for being much older than the 13 years since  it has been built.   At any rate, I pointed out that the new performing arts building at Belmont would also appear as if it had been there forever.  Both buildings are rather spectacular ESa projects, so I thought I would share another symphony hall ESa designed recently in Charleston, South Carolina.  The new Belmont facility will  be quite similar in quality of period appearance and attention to detail.  Sorry I could not provide actual Belmont interior renderings, but they have not yet been published.

01_Gaillard.jpg

The trees are a big part of that established look.

Core Development will break ground in June on Alloy Artisan, a commercial building to represent the fourth and final phase of the company’s 5.5 acre Alloy on Tech Hill development near the fairgrounds.

According to a release, Nashville-based Manuel Zeitlin Architects has designed the 8,000-square-foot building to accommodate “artisan manufacturing.” The building will offer for-sale commercial condominiums, available individually at 960 square feet or in combinations of up to 6,720 square feet. Plans also allow for additional mezzanine space.

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21067942/core-eyes-june-start-on-alloys-final-phase

Alloy Tech Hill, May 8, 2019, render 1.png

Alloy Tech Hill, May 8, 2019, render 2.png

Alloy Tech Hill, May 8, 2019, render 3.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1