Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

Oxford Commons will be a 35 unit apartment complex in several three story buildings at 950 Brittany Drive in Antioch to be developed by Oxford Properties out of Atlanta. A permit of $4.7 million has been granted.  No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21068245/permit-patrol-13-may-2019

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 8.29.48 AM.png

On 4/10/2019 at 4:50 PM, markhollin said:

A rendering of proposed expansion for the Fairgrounds Racetrack by Populous.  Looks like 25-30,000 capacity w/ luxury suites around the NW turn and massive digital scoreboard on SE turn. No idea how serious any of this is.

Very little else on this website:

https://nascar2nashville.com/?fbclid=IwAR0TE-eoixNZ0qMvbcV1wqCCJAFYTYBHapq8CqnIxOIKPNhFl8rOzU9LD-c

Fairgrounds Racetrack, April 10, 2019, render.png

Mark posted the above about a month ago. 

There's now more in #TheTennessean about Nascar's desire to bring a race to Nashville. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/05/14/speedway-motorsports-makes-public-pitch-bring-nascar-nashville-fairground/1169697001/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m of the opinion that truck and xfinity are really the o my options. BUT.... if there were to be a one off, mid-summer special for the cup race it would be the all star race. Nashville could make for a fun venue for a race without point implications.

1FEFD1F1-83F7-403F-B67C-0F1BAEF87BC1.thumb.png.423e554e41dc4e02c93c6a303680a735.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I’m of the opinion that truck and xfinity are really the o my options. BUT.... if there were to be a one off, mid-summer special for the cup race it would be the all star race. Nashville could make for a fun venue for a race without point implications.

I'm of the opinion that the All-Star race (insofar as there should be an All-Star race, which I've never been sold on) should rotate venues each year anyway and not necessarily rotate between venues currently hosting NASCAR races.

I'd be more interested in the idea if they mixed into the field retired legends and drivers from other series (e.g., F1, Indycar, etc.). Sort of like IROC with actual NASCAR cars.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, markhollin said:

Fairgrounds Racetrack, April 10, 2019, render.png

What is boils down to is, who is going to pay for this? The current group that has the track under contract can't even pay their bills now and it's in the 10s of thousands of dollars. I can't imagine that puts a lot of confidence in the city that if bonds are issued the track could make the money to cover the note.

Can having 1-2 truck/xfinity series races a year cover the bill? And then maybe a all-star race like @Bos2Nash mentioned, I don't know if that cover their note. 

Something like the deal the MLS got, I just don't think that the track could cover it, even at a much smaller amount that I've seen of $60 million.

"The Ingram-led ownership group will pay the city $9 million annually to help retire a portion of debt, with revenue collected from sales tax at the stadium and a user ticket tax designed to pay for the remaining debt obligation. The city's non-tax revenue from the Metro general fund would cover the rest if these revenue stream fall short."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

"The Ingram-led ownership group will pay the city $9 million annually to help retire a portion of debt, with revenue collected from sales tax at the stadium and a user ticket tax designed to pay for the remaining debt obligation. The city's non-tax revenue from the Metro general fund would cover the rest if these revenue stream fall short."

The $9MM is for years 1-10. The MLS ownership group covers all debt payments thereafter. 

• Like 1

Personally think the city should tell Speedway Motorsports that if they can come up with private $$ and can keep local racers happy AND bring in a NASCAR race...go for it...and give them a few years of tax breaks as the only "public" help they get (just so that Speedway will make improvements to the track that the city would eventually be on the hook for).  Tell Formosa to go away.  Speedway at least has the connections to make things happen.  BUT...they would have to show the city some air-tight proof they've got the goods to make it happen.

In the end, I think Speedway may walk away without city financing help...but it may be worth throwing it out there to see how "real" they are about making this happen.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Btw...the Tennessean is trying to say we actually have a chance at getting a Cup race.  Are they serious?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2019/05/15/how-many-nascar-tracks-should-worry-nashville-getting-race/3679212002/

That's been the speculation for a while, fueled in part by comments from NASCAR. The Cup and Xfinity series plan to shift focus over the next few years to include more emphasis on the South and potentially more emphasis on short tracks. If the Fairgrounds track really does undergo $60m in upgrades, a Cup event of some sort wouldn't be totally unrealistic.

• Like 3

MDHA will break ground on May 22nd for the Curb Victory Hall (4 stories, 39 residential units for homeless veterans) at 1125 12th Ave. South.  It will take up to 17 months to complete under the construction of R.G. Anderson Company. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21069278/work-to-start-on-curb-victory-hall

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.18.04 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

As expected it’s a cluster around Chick-Fil-A with traffic backed up all the way to Craighead in both lanes because 8th effectively becomes a one lane from Chick-fil-A  back to Kirkwood with people waiting in line to turn in. 

Yep.  Who didn't see that coming? :shades:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I know I've said this before but I really don't get the Chik-Fil-A obsession some people have.  Is it solid fast food chicken?  For sure... but I've really got to wonder about anyone who could camp out overnight in a parking lot just so they could have some before anyone else... especially when there are other Chik-Fil-A restaurants in the area.  I mean, to each their own and all that, but really people?

Read the post just above yours and it will make a little more sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1