Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

On 3/2/2020 at 9:10 AM, markhollin said:

Envision Edgehill (32.8 acres) appears to be moving forward with some modifications.  MDHA says it will include 81,000 sq. ft. of commercial and non-residential development, about half of what was proposed before.  The number of residential units remains at 1,400.

MDHA will go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, April 9, to request the rezoning.

No official groundbreaking date has been set.

A key goal, MDHA notes, is to ensure there is a one-for-one replacement of the 380 existing federally subsidized units at Edgehill Apartments, while adding new workforce and market-rate rental apartments.

The updated Edgehill Apartments could include four- to six-story mixed-use buildings, three- to four-story structures with stacked flats and two- to three-story townhomes. Retail, a community center and green space are envisioned.

Barge Design Solutions and Tuck-Hinton Architects are overseeing engineering and design, respectively.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21119213/proposed-envision-edgehill-plan-moves-forward

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 8.03.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 8.03.23 AM.png

Are these all going to be rentals?

On 3/2/2020 at 8:10 AM, markhollin said:

A key goal, MDHA notes, is to ensure there is a one-for-one replacement of the 380 existing federally subsidized units at Edgehill Apartments, while adding new workforce and market-rate rental apartments.

Of all the organizations with the power to help our affordable housing crisis, why on earth would MDHA only do a one-for-one replacement and not go for a 1-for-1.25 replacement?? That increase alone would add almost 100 units of affordable living to Nashville

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Of all the organizations with the power to help our affordable housing crisis, why on earth would MDHA only do a one-for-one replacement and not go for a 1-for-1.25 replacement?? That increase alone would add almost 100 units of affordable living to Nashville

Funding. 

I think Mayor Barry missed an opportunity to place the MLS stadium and adjacent development at Edgehill or Napier village. 

• Sad 1

Century Farms will have its first apartment complex at 5 stories, 212 units, $40 million to be built by TDK Companies. Ground has just been broken for the residential project. They paid $2.9 million for a 6 acre parcel near the new Community Health Systems building in the southern section of the 310 acre development.  They plan on buying more space and adding several more apartment complexes in Century Farms in the coming years. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/06/first-look-next-project-at-billion-dollar-century.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Century Farms, TDK Apts One, Mrch 6, 2020, render 2.png

Century Farms, TDK Apts One, Mrch 6, 2020, render 1.png

Also:

Second Wave Development out of Tampa has paid $3.5 million for 34 acres in Antioch at 1500 Bell Rd, with plans for several hundred apartments.  More details forthcoming.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/06/deal-dash-tampa-developer-lands-in-antioch-giant.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 4

Just now, markhollin said:

Tanger Outlets touts strong demand for planned Century Farms mall.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/10/tanger-outlets-touts-strong-demand-for-planned.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Just marveling over the cycle of life. When I was at Vandy I think Hickory Hollow was the largest mall in Nashville MSA.  Now it doesn't even exist and a developer wants to build another mall across the Interstate from the old mall. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Just marveling over the cycle of life. When I was at Vandy I think Hickory Hollow was the largest mall in Nashville MSA.  Now it doesn't even exist and a developer wants to build another mall across the Interstate from the old mall. 

I moved to the Antioch area around the same time everything was closing (including, sadly, the local Target). It's amazing to see the total reversal over about 8-10 years. Now I have to wonder how long before Target starts looking for property in that area again.

• Like 3

Pearlmark Real Estate Partners is looking at a 3 story office building at 915 Hawkins St., on the empty lot next to the soon-to-open Illume residential development. They paid $10 million for the 1+ acre site in 2016.  No word on square footage or rendering yet.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/16/deal-dash-postponed-meetings-spark-anxiety-but.html?ana=e_me_set3&j=90500279&t=Morning&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTlRObVpXWm1ZV05tTWpBeCIsInQiOiJzQTBmYnRPNzlCVHYzbU94NnRSWHhwQzlTeTdlK1lHQklFVCtKanhZSXVJeDhlU1lzekV5MXBtOGN0ZUd1Q0VVXC9QNnBCOUtXMTUreVhKSkZhVXZlSSttd3RtNHgyZ3Zmc25JSktPZVJCV2xra3NlakZieVRwXC9kSTdlMUdsYldUIn0%3D

• Like 4

On 3/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, LA_TN said:

For Century Farms: I've been hearing Chick-fil-A and Panara for a long time. Also a new McDonald's and Olive Garden is rumored to relocate here. Panda Express was on the list, but that is slated to go to the old Logan's location (Bell Rd) along with AT&T and another tenant. The apartments next to the Tanger site are starting:

FB_IMG_1583895565150.thumb.jpg.7ce702327a00a295d4e2588ed13b1320.jpg

3 hotels lined up also, sounds like 2 are ready to start this summer. Eakin wants to start building office space 'soon'; but has been encouraged to "think bigger". I've been hearing Tanger is trying to start late September or October. The last I heard, the Hickory Hollow interchange is still on schedule to open next May. Tanger wants to be open before Christmas season (schedule seems aggressive) 

Across the the street, to the south, 79 acres have been put up for sale. Currently zoned Residential Single Family

FB_IMG_1583822650636.jpg.b9071e19b04dd2c01662b2b44a01a89f.jpg

FB_IMG_1583822646483.jpg.3b8155dff3de2a7e8236bef66a36ed1c.jpg

These restaurant choicesare terrible.  These same eateries exist in other areas of the city so why not restaurants where they hire chefs who graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris instead of cooks who graduated from Antioch High school?

Edited by FromParkAveToTN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2