Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

Nashville approves Track Enterprises contract for Fairgrounds Speedway despite pause in 2020 racing schedule:

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/motor/2020/05/20/nashville-approves-track-enterprises-contract-speedway-nashville/5228292002

So does this group or Sargent have any involvement with the SMI group (doesn't appear so to me)? Interesting to note that ARCA was recently acquired by NASCAR so I wonder if this Sargent character developed any connections through that merger.

9 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

So does this group or Sargent have any involvement with the SMI group (doesn't appear so to me)? Interesting to note that ARCA was recently acquired by NASCAR so I wonder if this Sargent character developed any connections through that merger.

no connection from my read. 

I do expect Cooper to put together a package for SMI in a year or two. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

What is the big stumbling block surrounding the Nashville speedway. Is it really a big money maker currently? 

It is not a money maker currently, but IF metro passed the $60MM in renovations to the track AND BMS/SMI was the operator and brought back NASCAR races, I certainly believe 30K fans would attend and it would make financial sense. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

What is the big stumbling block surrounding the Nashville speedway. Is it really a big money maker currently? 

The stumbling block with the last group of people was they couldn't/didn't pay their bills and constantly broke the curfew. 

Edited by PaulChinetti
words good
  • Like 2

Metro footing the bill for $60MM+ in renovations, with SMI paying nothing,  seems like a rather insane notion at any time in the near future, if ever.  Unless SMI is running races there constantly (and probably even then)   their rent payments to Metro won't cover the debt obligations Metro incurs for the  project.  So Metro will lose money every year and everyone who lives in the area will be pissed all the time.   Lose Lose.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Melrose said:

Metro footing the bill for $60MM+ in renovations, with SMI paying nothing,  seems like a rather insane notion at any time in the near future, if ever.  Unless SMI is running races there constantly (and probably even then)   their rent payments to Metro won't cover the debt obligations Metro incurs for the  project.  So Metro will lose money every year and everyone who lives in the area will be pissed all the time.   Lose Lose.  

The structure would be for metro to issue revenue bonds and SMI to operate 65-80 races a year and via sales tax and ticket taxes at the track to cover the debt payments (very similar to MLS deal). However, I think metro is on the hook for shortfalls, which are likely. 

shockingly, the SOF crew did not moan about this financing... 

• Like 3

Novel Edgehill (5 stories, 270 units, ground level retail) update.

Looking south from Sigler St, just east of 13th Ave. South:

Novel Edgehill, May 16, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking east from Sigler St, just east of 13th Ave. South:

Novel Edgehill, May 16, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from intersection of 12th Ave. South and Hawkins St:

Novel Edgehill, May 16, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of 12th Ave. South and Hawkins St:

Novel Edgehill, May 16, 2020, 4.jpg

• Like 4

The sale of the former Starwood Amphitheater site (65 acres at 3839 Murfreesboro Pike) has been finalized at $6.5 million by WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust. As mentioned earlier in this thread, their plan is 850,000 sq. ft. of warehouse/distribution buildings, 80 residential units, 100,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space, and 50,000 sq. ft. of office space. They will have a public hearing on June 9th Metro Council meeting on the plans.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/05/26/developer-wpt-buys-starwood-amphitheater-site.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 12.53.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 12.56.43 PM.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

The sale of the former Starwood Amphitheater site (65 acres at 3839 Murfreesboro Pike) has been finalized at $6.5 million by WPT Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust. As mentioned earlier in this thread, their plan is 850,000 sq. ft. of warehouse/distribution buildings, 80 residential units, 100,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space, and 50,000 sq. ft. of office space. They will have a public hearing on June 9th Metro Council meeting on the plans.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/05/26/developer-wpt-buys-starwood-amphitheater-site.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 12.56.43 PM.png

After developing the 850k warehouse space, expect to have the front portion either rezoned for more warehouse or sold 

• Sad 1

The still-under construction 83 Freight (3 stories, 83 apts. made out of shipping containers, on 2.17 acres) has been sold for $11.2 million to an unknown buyer. The development at 2150 Byrum Ave. is supposed to be complete by Sept.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21135952/weho-shipping-container-site-sells-for-112m

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 8.09.01 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2020 at 12:57 PM, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 12.53.32 PM.png

I've said it before and I will say it again, there is a special place in hell for the people that took Starwood away from us.

Specifically, their hell will be constantly reliving the 2002/09/21 Nickleback concert that took place at Starwood.  And they have to do it sober for all eternity.

Just now, grilled_cheese said:

I've said it before and I will say it again, there is a special place in hell for the people that took Starwood away from us.

Specifically, their hell will be constantly reliving the 2002/09/21 Nickleback concert that took place at Starwood.  And they have to do it sober for all eternity.

We all feel your pain, but Starwood lost to the newly built Nashville Arena (now Bridgestone Arena)

• Like 1