Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

9 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Not soccer related, but definitely fairgrounds related. 

From online The Tennessean:  A new state fair advisory committee is exploring the possibility of merging the popular Wilson County Fair and the Tennessee State Fair into one event.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2020/07/20/tennessee-state-fair-become-part-wilson-county-fair/5460931002/

No doubt the fairgrounds crusaders are going to raise 'whole-y hale' over this. Expect a lawsuit soon. 

Metro charter, and all that. 

It would be a yuuuuuuge Win-Win for both TN state fair... and Wilco fair. 

Unless something has changed, they don't want it. They are happy with their county fair, as is. To become a state fair would mean they no longer have a county fair. Let WilCo have it

7 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

I’m not sure what they could raise. Metro did their part by applying to host it. If the state chooses Wilson there isn’t much that the Save our Fairgrounds crowd can do about it. 

If I were Wilson County...I'd consider doing a 1 week Wilson County fair...and then do the 2 weeks of the State Fair...back to back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Something seems to have changed. They submitted an “Expression of Interest” to the state fair board. 

A key quote: 

“We’re not talking about two events, we’re talking about one event,” Wilson County Fair President Randall Clemons said of the interest by Wilson County Promotions.  “We want to be able to retain the Wilson County Fair and continue to showcase the talents of Wilson County.

“At the same time we are more than a county fair and have a lot to offer. And (the state fair) can help take it to the next level.”

I still think they could do their "agricultural" county stuff the week before the State Fair...to keep that portion of the county fair...and then focus on the rides and stuff the next 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Something seems to have changed. They submitted an “Expression of Interest” to the state fair board. 

A key quote: 

“We’re not talking about two events, we’re talking about one event,” Wilson County Fair President Randall Clemons said of the interest by Wilson County Promotions.  “We want to be able to retain the Wilson County Fair and continue to showcase the talents of Wilson County.

“At the same time we are more than a county fair and have a lot to offer. And (the state fair) can help take it to the next level.”

This makes soooo much sense.  It's been embarrassing anyway for the state fair to be overshadowed by a county fair, and not some county fair on the other side of the state, but a county fair just down the road from the state fair. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Thats a great place for it and could propel it to one of the premier State Fairs in the Nation. Its still in the general Nashville area.

it's an idea whose time has come. The Wilson County Fair has been rated as one of the top fairs in the country; They know what they're doing.

It's in a more rural setting so the atmospherics would complement and at the same time close enough to Nashville that commuter busses could run from downtown-not to mention the Music City Star!

It's perfect! I love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PaulChinetti

3 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I don't have a picture but the space that was TinDog Tavern, triangle lot at 4th Ave S and Rains Ave,  is under renovation and has been repainted and a new outdoor deck added. 

The new name on the building is Lucky's. 

Paul, I seem to recall that you live in the WeHo area. I was there on business right before the shutdown... late February. I know there have been a lot of great changes, but one thing that disappointed me was the repainted Coca-Cola mural on the side of the old pharmacy building at Chestnut and 3rd Avenue S.  Have you heard any complaints about that. The girl looks like a cartoon! Who did that? Couldn't that have been done better? BTW: What would you consider the hub/core of WeHo and/or Chestnut Hill? 

@PaulChinetti nailed the rundown on the neighborhood. Hamilton Ave between Martin St and 65 is about to explode with new development. I know property owners on Rains that eventually have big plans for their large swath of land. We're really waiting to see what Hines is going to do with all the land they've accumulated over the last year. Them finishing out The Finery project is really going to help finish out the new core of the neighborhood. I also have heard that AJ Capital has approached quite a few businesses along 4th Ave between 40 and their Warehouse Project. If someone is able to turn most of those businesses into some great mixed-use projects, it will really help bridge downtown to the neighborhood on that side. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I'll do my best and @DMilner lives in WeHo, he can pipe in too. 

@PaulChinetti @DMilner I think if The Warehouse project by AJ Capital is successful, many more will come along. You would think with AJ Capital, Hines, and Market Street Enterprises + MLS and potentially NASCAR, this area could change drastically over the next 5-10 years. 

• Like 3

The Las Paletas house at 2911 12th Ave. South has been sold by the Paz sisters (owners of the Mexican popsicle store) for $2.6 million to Wesley Biden, founder of software company Scholar Rise. They paid $400,000 for it 9 years ago. Belden could not be reached for comment about his plans.

The Paz sisters have not announced if their business will remain a tenant in the just-sold building, relocate or cease operations."We are taking a break at this time," Norma Paz said, noting Las Paletas has been closed, in part, due to COVID-19 concerns.

Would be a real shame if they were to go out of business.  They have been a staple of 12 South for 2 decades, helping spark the renewal of the strip. And they make real tasty treats, too.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/retail-real-estate/article/21141012/12south-popsicle-shop-property-sells-for-26m

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 3.10.56 PM.png

• Sad 1