Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

The proposed plan for the 65 acre former Starwood Amphitheater site by WPT Industrial Real Estate has been rejected by Metro Council 25-12, with 3 abstentions.

Under WPT's plans, the vast majority of the site would have become distribution and warehouse space — with an area that would have contained other development such as 120 for-sale homes, retail and restaurants, and a park and events space.

"This is a project that the majority of this community does not want. They want more residential in the area and mixed-use, but definitely not a business park and definitely not warehouses," Councilwoman Joy Styles said. "I will challenge all my colleagues: Do you want to wake up every day looking at an industrial business park, or a large group of warehouses? I don't believe that you do."

No word on what WPT's next step will be.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/24/metro-council-rejects-starwood-amphitheater-plan.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.11.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.11.46 PM.png

• Thanks 1

^^I totally get that.  Lavergne really screwed up by making so much of their land between I-24 and Murfreesboro Road into a warehouse wonderland.  I'm sure there's great tax money involved...but it takes up so much land.  Then to let it creep into Davidson County and so close to resident areas...I can see where the residents would say "enough".

• Like 2

Urban development needs warehousing but this is not the place for it.

In Metro the place is the Bends, Bells Bend, Cockrill Bend and Neely's Bend.

Develop industrial and distribution parks in these areas and leave most of the rest of Davidson County for residential, commercial and recreational development.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

The proposed plan for the 65 acre former Starwood Amphitheater site by WPT Industrial Real Estate has been rejected by Metro Council 25-12, with 3 abstentions.

Under WPT's plans, the vast majority of the site would have become distribution and warehouse space — with an area that would have contained other development such as 120 for-sale homes, retail and restaurants, and a park and events space.

"This is a project that the majority of this community does not want. They want more residential in the area and mixed-use, but definitely not a business park and definitely not warehouses," Councilwoman Joy Styles said. "I will challenge all my colleagues: Do you want to wake up every day looking at an industrial business park, or a large group of warehouses? I don't believe that you do."

No word on what WPT's next step will be.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/24/metro-council-rejects-starwood-amphitheater-plan.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.11.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.11.46 PM.png

This was a HUGE win for Antioch, and it was well organized and had a TON of support. This is a residential area and WPT wanted to rezone it for warehouse. The term "Business Park"........no comment. But let's be very clear: WPT wanted to start immediately on the warehouse (cough, business park) and the retail area would be Phase 2. Sure. And when would that be? Sure. And the residential? Sure.

A big thanks goes to CM Joy Styles for preventing this invasion!!

Is WeHo Crossings still happening? They've removed all of the fence covering mentioning it and there are now new For Lease signs up on the fence.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 3.19.05 PM.png

This building right across the street has been completely redone and is pretty good looking too. It's has a bunch of design places. Maybe called the Nashville Design Collective, I'm blanking on the name.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 4.34.58 PM.png

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, PaulChinetti said:

Is WeHo Crossings still happening? They've removed all of the fence covering mentioning it and there are now new For Lease signs up on the fence.

I noticed the same thing and the CRE agent looks to have changed as well.   Besides Vorhees which is well under way,  I wonder how many of their other "projects" are real versus  intended to just flip to someone else in a few years.

Hobson Flats (3 stories? 366 units) at 1717 Hobson Pike has received multiple permits valued at $49.3 million for continued construction.  Elmington Construction is handling the job.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21143107/permit-patrol-31-august-2020

Also, Fifty Forty Flats will be a project converting two office building and two new 3 story structures into 116 apartments at 5040 and 5042 Linbar Drive near Harding Place/I-24 intersection. Holladay Properties has received 4 permits worth $10.5 million in permits to get started.  Solomon Builders is the contractor, and Barnett Design is the architect.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21143107/permit-patrol-31-august-2020

Forty Fifty Flats:

Fifty Forty Flats, Aug 31, 2020, render.png

Fifty Forty Flats, Aug 31, 2020, diagram.png

This screenshot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Fifty Forty Flats, Aug 31, 2020, site map.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

The new bank building at 2307 8th Ave. South now has walls up.

Looking NW from 8th Ave. South at intersection with Cathey Ave:

8th South Bank building, Aug 23, 2020.jpg

Not many 8th-facing windows on the bank nor on Publix. Understandable given the uses, but still a little disappointing for a street that is (hopefully) becoming more walkable.

• Like 3