Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

26 minutes ago, BNAfan said:

Just noticed that the gas station at the corner of 12th Ave South and Wedgewood is closed and pumps removed.  New development to come?  Does Belmont own that land?  

Thanks. 

Belmont owns the land. I've noticed too and am equally curious. It's a poor use for essentially an "entry" to the university.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

More new development? Ugh!!! 

LOL... With all the relocated Noo Yawkaz in Nashville, I hear rumors the development is going to have the world's largest Bloomies and Needless Markup, and Barneys plans their comeback from bankruptcy with a new 3-block long flagship store, stretching all the way to Vanderbilt's campus. Of course, they'll all be warehouse hubs for their online businesses. :tw_tounge_wink:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

In reference to the gas station at 12th and Wedgewood, I did a parcel search and the areas in the below image in yellow are the only ones not owned by Belmont.

This may be the location of the new School of Medicine. Just a hunch!

belmont parcels.png

I was thinking along the same lines. That certainly would meet description of a prominent location.  Thanks for pulling the property info.  I didn’t knowBelmont already owned such a big percentage of the block.

• Like 1

I may be beating a dead horse related to discussing this corner, but having a gas station here has been a bit of a problem for Belmont. Most stations like this make a lot of money on cigarettes and booze, both “no-no’s” for Belmont. I’ve no knowledge if that was the case here, but there have to better options until a master plan design can be enacted. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:41 AM, MLBrumby said:

From the Post, there's a little bit of new info.

- Financing has been finalized from Cresset and Diversified Real Estate Capital (Chicago)

- Name is T3 Finery (timber, transit and technology)

- Two office buildings with about 320,000 square feet of office space

- 311 apartments in a seven-story building

- 58,600 square feet of retail surrounding a "village green concept"

- A boutique hotel with 125 rooms; and a concert venue

- Project could break ground this year, NBJ reports

More timber. YAY!!!

• Like 2