Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Publix 8th South (3 stories, 39,800 sq. ft.) update: Exterior rounding into shape.

Looking NW from intersection of Bradford Ave. and 8th Ave. South:

Publix 8th Ave South, Dec 25, 2020, 1.jpeg

The design of this Publix is so weird. I'm not sure why there are practically no windows, and the decorative columns that are supposed to have falling leaves on them just look like Marijuana leaves. It's a great asset to the neighborhood and all that, but I wish that it could have been done differently. 

Just now, henburg said:

The design of this Publix is so weird. I'm not sure why there are practically no windows, and the decorative columns that are supposed to have falling leaves on them just look like Marijuana leaves. It's a great asset to the neighborhood and all that, but I wish that it could have been done differently. 

Publices don't really have windows anywhere, or at least the standard designs don't.

1 hour ago, PruneTracy said:

Publices don't really have windows anywhere, or at least the standard designs don't.

Yeah that's a fair point, I guess I'm just spoiled by the Hillsboro Village Kroger. A lot of its perceived weirdness is probably due to the difficult site it sits on as well with the steep hill.

Burkitt Ridge will be a new residential community with 800 units, as well as townhomes, single-family homes, and restaurant/retail space off of Burkitt Rd. between Lenox Village and Nolensville.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145569/mixeduse-project-starts-in-south-davidson-county

Burkitt Ridge, Jan 21, 2021, render.png

Burkitt Ridge, Jan 21, 2021, diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Burkitt Ridge, Jan 21, 2021, site map.png

Anyone here know of any plans to improve east-west traffic between Century Farms/Burkitt Road at I-24 to Franklin?  I realize this is an unpopular topic ("more suburban roads"), but the various counties' planners better get ahead of the accelerating development throughout that area and lay plans for a thoroughfare between I-24 around Hickory Hollow/OHB in Southeast Davidson or Northwest Rutherford, all the way to Franklin/Cool Springs, possibly with an improved tie-in to Concord Road instead of that dogleg at Nolensville Rd.. The divided parkway of Concord is the design I'm envisioning.   I seem to recall when Century Farms was announced that developers said there would be a tie-in from Hickory Hollow to Burkitt (I think!).   I'm definitely not talking about a 6-lane expressway through there, which would take years if it even was approved by the residents there.  Not sure where it should terminate on the western end (McEwen?). Noticed when I drove through there last summer that getting from Burkitt to Concord road has become a cluster _____.  And development in that area is really just starting. A nice tree lined boulevard with commercial covenants to restrict the proliferation of Jiffy Lubes, fast foods and pawn shops would be far more preferable to the inevitable evolution of the current maze of two lane streets through neighborhoods. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Dark wood paneling will eventually come back into style Ron…so there’s still hope. :tw_lol:

I still think every civilized (and uncivilized) home should have “Blueboy” and “Pinky” on the wall in the formal living room. 
:tw_glasses:

70C865EC-E203-4108-9584-3E2896CFDA48.webp 9BB054DF-2C2F-4704-89B3-5421D16519D9.webp

• Haha 2

A mixed-use project featuring several buildings with 317 residential units and 22,450 sq. ft. of commercial space is being planned on 13.6 acres at 4071 Cane Ridge Blvd. in Century Farms. No renderings yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145607/images-released-for-future-nations-project

• Like 1