Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

22 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I still think every civilized (and uncivilized) home should have “Blueboy” and “Pinky” on the wall in the formal living room. 
:tw_glasses:

70C865EC-E203-4108-9584-3E2896CFDA48.webp 509.7 kB · 6 downloads 9BB054DF-2C2F-4704-89B3-5421D16519D9.webp 576.25 kB · 3 downloads

Just like on Leave it to Beaver.

A $39.9 million permit has been granted for T.W. Frierson to begin work on the Amazon south Nashville distribution center at 2960 Armory Drive. An existing 198,000 sq. ft. warehouse will be converted, along with some new construction.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21145612/permit-patrol-25-january-2021

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

Open as of 7am this morning. Yes, I geeked out and was there at 7:05. Pretty busy with neighbors and an almost 1:1 staff to customer ratio for the opening. I've not been greeted so many times, ever, in a 20 minute span.  

Soooo nice and I'd say 90% or so the same size as the Belle Meade store (my barometer to compare). The garage is nice though it will seem small these opening days, a large bank of elevators to get you to the store level. Did I say how really nice it is......

I went earlier and completely agree with everything you said. So happy to not have to set foot in the Melrose Kroger again. 

• Like 4

Wow! Publix is so much better than Kroger... and (here in Chatty) Food City.  I do go to FC sometimes, but they hacked me off when they bought the BiLo stores and never upgraded their bakery.  It's like "Earth to Grocery Deli Managers" ... you better have a good bakery and deli or else you're not worth the bother. Publix knows that. And in that demographic in the Oak Hill/Berry Hill/South Nashville area, I'll bet they're on top of their game. 

• Like 1

The inside looks nice, but my god does the exterior bug the hell out of me. What are those leafy panels and why do they exist?? Why are they different from the gray paneling? Where are the windows on the 8th-facing side? I have so many questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VSRJ said:

The inside looks nice, but my god does the exterior bug the hell out of me. What are those leafy panels and why do they exist?? Why are they different from the gray paneling? Where are the windows on the 8th-facing side? I have so many questions.

The 'leafy' panels are lights.  I guess they could have added some clerestory windows but the nearly solid walls are desirable in this case.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In some defense of the Publix design, groceries are big boxes, few have windows and what windows they may have are high and pretty useless. Street level glass means lost revenue space. They already have the reputation (deserved) of being high priced so a lavish exterior is not going to help.  I'm happy that there is as much brick as there is. It could have been 100% dryvit or painted concrete block.  I'm just glad it's here, no matter the exterior.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

In some defense of the Publix design, groceries are big boxes, few have windows and what windows they may have are high and pretty useless. Street level glass means lost revenue space. They already have the reputation (deserved) of being high priced so a lavish exterior is not going to help.  I'm happy that there is as much brick as there is. It could have been 100% dryvit or painted concrete block.  I'm just glad it's here, no matter the exterior.

How is street level glass lost revenue space?

20 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

How is street level glass lost revenue space?

You can't have shelves of merchandise where you have glass. Revenue is generally calculated per linear feet of merchandising space and losing even a few feet of sales space can be critical. I'm on a project now, for a moderate sized space where even losing 5' was creating a "situation" where the whole space needed to be reworked. It sounds over the top, but it happens. The space is on a corner and is about 40% glass on the exterior. When all is said and done, there will be about 10% glass with most covered up.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

^ Was coming here to say the same! It can be done... 

image.thumb.png.d3fee2ff375c129e9ea9f3ef7531c18b.png

I doubt this Kroger (even though not the original tenant) is strapped for cash from those windows. And yeah, some of them are covered, but it looks much better than whatever's going on with the Publix design.

• Like 2