Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

2911 12th Ave. South (conversion of Las Paletas into Happy Hour wellness center) update: Exterior nearing completion.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146572/wellness-business-opens-in-12south

Looking NW from 12th Ave. South, 1/4 block south of Kirkwood Ave:

2911 12th Ave South, Happy Hour, March 10, 2021.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Has there been any announcement about what retailers are going in these space?

Not sure if this is still accurate, but Verizon, Serenity (spa? nail salon?) and First Watch Cafe are listed in this document: https://images1.cityfeet.com/d2/0G9B4NjiXoLROPczNQn3OtyhgYqORFDARmWe0xKX2FA/document.pdf

One bay is still available for lease. Jersey Mike's was once listed, but I think they instead reopened the nearby Thompson Lane location.

Views of  Music City South (3 & 4 stories, 209 units)  will be the adjoining development to Views of Music city and will sit on 6.6 acres at 6228 Nolensville Pike.  Ramston Capital is the developer; Baker Barrios is the architect; Catalyst Design is the engineer.  Metro Planning will review the proposal on April 22nd. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/03/16/views-of-music-city-south-proposed.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Views of Music City South, March 15, 2021, render.png

This. screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Views of Music City South, March 15, 2021, site map.png

• Like 2

While there is some entry/exit on to the alley, I think this development does nothing but improve the alley based on what the massing looks like. The design will obviously have windows at the office levels, but I hope the main floor (service for retail and restaurant) will have some windows as well to blend everything together.

The other note I would make is the center turn lane at the Linden and 12th seems like a very tight fit. Granted street parking goes away and the planting strip is tapered away, but getting that turn lane in there seems silly. Yes 12 South has slow traffic and turning is a pain, but that is part of what makes it so walkable. By forcing cars to stop to wait for turning cars, it slows the whole neighborhood down. 

54 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

While there is some entry/exit on to the alley, I think this development does nothing but improve the alley based on what the massing looks like. The design will obviously have windows at the office levels, but I hope the main floor (service for retail and restaurant) will have some windows as well to blend everything together.

The other note I would make is the center turn lane at the Linden and 12th seems like a very tight fit. Granted street parking goes away and the planting strip is tapered away, but getting that turn lane in there seems silly. Yes 12 South has slow traffic and turning is a pain, but that is part of what makes it so walkable. By forcing cars to stop to wait for turning cars, it slows the whole neighborhood down. 

I get your points, but it's been a complaint of past schemes that there was no turn lane and the fear of it backing up more than it already does currently.  The narrowness did come up. The developer says they will be giving up some property to help widen the street and pull their sidewalks back some. 

The developer was also giving up a little in the back to get their part of the alley to 20' wide, better than the current 15'.

How narrow Lawrence currently is also came up. There is currently parking on both sides with what's left being too narrow for 2 cars to pass easily. The traffic consultant said that was an easy fix, remove the parking on one side of Lawrence. She quickly admitted was never gonna happen. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2