Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

Yeah, it's grown increasingly insane to me that they're actually going to be attempting to sell apartment units that will literally be sandwiched between a 30,000 seat stadium and a soon-to-be NASCAR racetrack that's on the verge of expansion. I've grown to appreciate the Fairgrounds as a location for these venues, but I'm just not sure that it's going to be realistic to expect an urban neighborhood (or even a simulated one) succeeding alongside all of these attractions. At the very least, I can't shake the feeling that this initial focus on residential might be the wrong way to go here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, henburg said:

Yeah, it's grown increasingly insane to me that they're actually going to be attempting to sell apartment units that will literally be sandwiched between a 30,000 seat stadium and a soon-to-be NASCAR racetrack that's on the verge of expansion. I've grown to appreciate the Fairgrounds as a location for these venues, but I'm just not sure that it's going to be realistic to expect an urban neighborhood (or even a simulated one) succeeding alongside all of these attractions. At the very least, I can't shake the feeling that this initial focus on residential might be the wrong way to go here.

They're gonna market to all of the dual NASCAR / MLS fanatics. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mercedes-Benz of Music City is planning the Ferrari Nashville dealership on the 14.3 acre site of the former Knights of Columbus site at 2300 Knight of Columbus Blvd,  just adjacent to the airport.  They paid $3.75 million for the vacant property. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/airport-area-site-seemingly-eyed-for-ferrari-dealership/article_b1d571a6-c3c8-11eb-b300-0f4bea8093a8.html

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 2.52.54 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Mercedes-Benz of Music City is planning the Ferrari Nashville dealership on the 14.3 acre site of the former Knights of Columbus site at 2300 Knight of Columbus Blvd,  just adjacent to the airport.  They paid $3.75 million for the vacant property. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/airport-area-site-seemingly-eyed-for-ferrari-dealership/article_b1d571a6-c3c8-11eb-b300-0f4bea8093a8.html

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 2.52.54 PM.png

Wow!  Wouldn't that be land the airport would have wanted?  I don't know enough to fill a thimble about airport operations; so my question is if that land would have any strategic value to the airport?  

Bob had alerted us to this a while back but we thought it was going to be a high end German dealership, but I told Bob I could not figure out what that would be. Ferrari makes a lot more sense. I am sure when the Knights of Columbus site was for sale earlier last year that if BNA wanted it they would have bought it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Wow!  Wouldn't that be land the airport would have wanted?  I don't know enough to fill a thimble about airport operations; so my question is if that land would have any strategic value to the airport?  

I’m not sure what they(the airport) could put there to be honest. Not enough space for any sort of facility or runway. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

No, the airport has no interest in that area. That property belonged to the Knights of Columbus 

21 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

My first thoughts too, but i guess not.

Is it just me or does this seem like a very odd site to choose? I understand the visibility aspect from the interstate, but are they going for an approach of "we are an exclusive car company and need to have exclusive, odd access to our dealership"? haha

945 South Douglas (19 three story homes) update: digging and infrastructure groundwork continue.

Looking  NW from alley between South Douglas Ave. and Lawrence Ave., 1/2 block east of 10th Ave. South:

945 Douglas, May 22, 2021.jpeg

Looking NE from alley between South Douglas Ave. and Lawrence Ave., 1/4 block east of 10th Ave. South:

945 South Doouglas, March 20, 2021.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

They will be right next to the Mercedes dealership that they own. Now I had talked to William about this when we first hear there could be an upscale German car dealer on the adjacent parcel that Bob had mentioned. We could not figure out what German mfg. it could be as there are not many well recognized high end German sports ca companies, but this could also be something different.

My idea was this and that was it could spur auto tourism if you will, where people fly into Nashville, go downtown, get drunk, test drive a car, buy the car, fly home and the have the car shipped to them. Not necessarily in that order!  Imagine how many dealers this would work for at a BNA location for High-End dealers. Nashville is changing and attracting a whole new wealthy crowd.

I wouldn't exactly say "right" next to, but the proximity is close enough and I understand the premise you are getting at. 

Some of the biggest German car companies

• Volkswagen - don't really have a high luxury car once the Phaeton was discontinued (never made it to US I believe)
  • Audi
  • BMW
  • Porsche (owned by Volkswagen)
  • Mercedes-Benz (obvious reason why it won't be this one)