Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

On 6/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, Two_wheels said:

At the last SNAP meeting the board mentioned that the developers were looking to start working with the community and soliciting input on it. 

I attended that one & had not heard anything more about it yet. I wanted to ask here because I saw what looked like a building footprint layer on Nashville's parcel viewer & hoped it wasn't too late. And speaking of the last SNAP meeting, I was glad more people attended to speak up (chat log) about what we like about AJ Capital's work.  I know some are skeptical, & I agree that buying the Exit/In needs a PR campaign due to the history of beloved venues in this town--Fond Object @ Riverside Village, Starwood, 328 Performance Hall, etc. But I have watched the efforts they took to stabilize the factory walls inside & outside of the May Hosiery on the Brown Street side. With their track record of historic preservation, I don't think they will have any problem moving a smaller mansion on Humphreys & preserving it in a way that more people can enjoy it--event space & a park. AJC needs to tell everyone more about their preservation work. I also liked that AJC talked about creating bike lanes along Chestnut Street from 1st or 2nd to 8th Avenue. 

On 6/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, DMilner said:

I'll check with the guys that will be developing that project. They were planning on doing an alley and a denser development when they acquired the rest of the property a couple years ago, but I'm not sure if they've changed their plans or if the UDO affected things.  I want to say they wanted to do a run of row homes on the street and some stacked flats in the back. I know they tried to get the land below what you have labeled alley access, but the church was not wanting to sell. 

As far as curbside parking, I pushed heavily for it to get included in the UDO as a requirement. 

Great! I hope the builders will use the opportunity to add row houses there with curb extensions for stormwater plantings, add permeable pavement for the surface at the curbside parking, & put the driveway access off the alley. It would help the transition from the houses on southern Martin to the denser urban environment on the northern part of Martin. The flats on the back would be nice to look out over Hillcrest's grassy lot too. 

• Like 3

Olympic II (5 stories, 52 condos) has been issued a $39,600 permit for demolition of  the Douglas J. Brown building by Certified Construction Services will handle the work.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-image-released-for-project-planned-for-west-side/article_dfcab252-d439-11eb-833d-8372e436c4a4.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Madison Century Farms will be a nine building, 3 & 4 story, 266 unit apartment complex by Madison Capital Group, who has purchased 14 acres of the 310 acre development. BenCo Construction is the contractor, and the plan is to break ground sometime this fall. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/06/23/madison-capital-buys-14-acres-at-century-farms.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/apartment-project-planned-for-century-farms/article_77aeda0c-d46d-11eb-aee2-2fe6edfb8037.html

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 8.00.01 AM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Glad they went brick instead of siding or stucco.

Is it just a cost thing anymore, that buildings don't include any extra stone flourishes, or just the style of the day?

It partly style, but more the cost of flourishes that keep them from being used. It's also about attracting tenants. You get nicer buildings where there is competition to land tenants and developers therefore have to spend more. I think there is some amount of competition on 8th so this developer built nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1