Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Which begs the question:  Whatever happened to what's left (if anything) of Performance Studios? 

They are operating their makeup, wig, and lash retail sales online. They are out of the costume sales and rental business.

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, donNdonelson2 said:

They are operating their makeup, wig, and lash retail sales online. They are out of the costume sales and rental business.

I remember their space off Thompson Lane.  Such a fun place!  I purchased and rented quite a bit from there.   I was sad when I went to their Antioch location after they moved.  Didn't have the same feel.  Felt more like a K-Mart of scattered aisles.  I remember they had a hard time getting open right before a Halloween because of Metro codes and getting opened up.  I tried to rent something around Labor Day and they couldn't rent out. 

As far as going out of business, some argue that they were too rigid during the COVID re-opening periods.  When other companies were allowing limited capacity with masks, they refused to open up at any capacity.  I think, eventually, they went with a curbside pickup option but people like to shop and see what's available.  Whether their lack of in-person shopping or just the fact that the pandemic prevented those to go to costume parties were the cause, I am sad they are gone.  They auctioned off pretty much everything and stuck with their make up and wigs.  

Kreate Hub has purchased the former Gibson Guitars buildings (2 stories, total of 67,000 sq. ft.) at 309-311 Plus Park Blvd. and turn them into affordable workspaces for artists, entrepreneurs and other creatives.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/07/15/gibson-guitar-hq-sold.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=me&utm_content=na&ana=e_na_me&j=24469048&senddate=2021-07-16

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 7.06.10 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

Kreate Hub has purchased the former Gibson Guitars buildings (2 stories, total of 67,000 sq. ft.) at 309-311 Plus Park Blvd. and turn them into affordable workspaces for artists, entrepreneurs and other creatives.

My first year in Nashville, I rented a two bedroom apartment in the Shadow Bluff Apartments complex at the end of Plus Park Blvd.  This area has very quick interstate access and can reach downtown via Murfreesboro Road / Lafayette Street.  I would not be surprised to see more development interest in this area.

• 2 weeks later...

Maxwell Apts. (13 structures, garage, and clubhouse, 362 units) update: 2nd Wave Development has landed a nearly $52 million construction loan from Synovus Bank to get underway on the 34 acre lot at 1500 Bell Rd. in Antioch.  No rendering yet. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/08/02/antioch-apartments-financing.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 3.03.07 PM.png

• Like 4

On 7/26/2021 at 8:01 AM, markhollin said:

The Ferrari dealership at the former Knights of Columbus location on 14.3 acres at 2300 Knights of Columbus Rd. (just NW of the airport) will be getting underway via a $180,990 permit. This will allow Crain Construction to begin on the foundation.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/permit-patrol-26-july-2021/article_4c6d052e-ebf8-11eb-a10a-971261266a71.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Ferrari of Nashville, June 2, 2021, site map.png

Very convenient access to 13/31 to test drive a Ferrari.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/7/2021 at 5:58 AM, titanhog said:

Kids on wild hogs sounds a bit dangerous. :)

This must be some kind of joke, but since its Tennessee one must not assume anything.  Its mind boggling just how freaking stupid people can be.    Hoping they get sued out of existence and senior management is criminally charged the first occurrence of a hog taking a bite out of someone's leg.    And while I'm at it get rid of the GD party buses!

1 hour ago, shanky said:

This must be some kind of joke, but since its Tennessee one must not assume anything.  Its mind boggling just how freaking stupid people can be.    Hoping they get sued out of existence and senior management is criminally charged the first occurrence of a hog taking a bite out of someone's leg.    And while I'm at it get rid of the GD party buses!

Mark just misspelled boat with boar…which made it very funny to me that kids would be going on boar rides.  Just a joke.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I hear they were freaking out when this got reported by the Post after it was found on a water permit. Wonder who could have done that.:whistling:

Perhaps Enzo Ferrari himself will come knocking at your door offering you a new ride in exchange for your silence?  

EDIT:  Apparently Enzo Ferrari died in 1988, so I sincerely hope he does not come knocking at your door.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Haha 4