Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I didn't stay the entire time, because the line for public comments was like 50 people long. There where tons of cameras there so hopefully someone recorded the meeting and will post it somewhere. 

Some quick hits.

People worried about noise from concerts/stadium/etc.

People worried about this 10 acres of land that was included in the proposal. ( I didn't understand what that was for either)

People worried that there shouldn't be housing on the fairgrounds. 

People worried about infrastructure (my biggest concern also, there has been little talk of that, would definitely be fleshed out more if/when Nashville is actually chosen)

The chamber of commerce, the girl scouts of America, multiply community groups, multiply soccer support groups were all in favor. A guy that played for the US National Team spoke and a women that played for another National team (couldn't hear the country) also spoke in favor. 

During the initial vote, the majority of people not in favor, just by my quick eye test and only in my personal opinion appeared to be the older generation. I didn't get to stay for any of their opinions as they were in the back of the line, so I would definitely have loved to hear their objections. 

I was crazy impressed by the turn out, tons of people wearing Nashville FC scarves and US Soccer scarves. 

Yes we have a group of older citizens that have an affinity for the fairgrounds and not letting it evolve. Tons of soccer fans in Middle Tn and this development would do great. 

5 minutes ago, samsonh said:

Yes we have a group of older citizens that have an affinity for the fairgrounds and not letting it evolve. Tons of soccer fans in Middle Tn and this development would do great. 

I mean I can understand their worry, I just hope that they aren’t against it just because it’s change. 

It would be some massive improvements to the fairgrounds for sure. 

• Like 4

What's crazy to me is that like you said this would be such a boon to The Fairgrounds, new buildings, new roads, new everything. 

And ya know what, 2 weeks out of the year, I'm sure they can schedule the state fair. With new facilities, infrastructure, etc a lot more people would go. 

There are 20 days a year in the proposal set aside for public use. Not sure what that means but that would be fine for the fair or whatever.

• Like 4

There were 200 people at a business lunch and panel event held on the campus of Trevecca Nazarene University yesterday to discuss the future of the Murfreesboro Pike corridor — one that could be impacted by light rail. 

Moderating the event, Trevecca President Dan Boone made it clear from the get-go that the university foresees itself as an active and willing partner in the district’s future. Boone said the university is “committed” to working with the city and local businesses to further develop housing and employment opportunities along the Murfreesboro Pike corridor and within its surrounding neighborhoods.

Boone said Trevecca is supportive of Mayor Megan Barry’s proposed $5.2 billion mass transit proposal, which could include a light rail line running along the street.

Trevecca is interested in creating affordable housing and facilitating job growth so that current residents won’t have to be displaced and future residents will have reasonably priced housing options, Boone told attendees of the event, organized by the Trevecca Association of Business Professionals and held in the Boone Convocation Center.

To date, Trevecca has spearheaded two affordable housing projects in the area: Walden Village, offering 34 homes in the $200,000 to $300,000 price range; and The Flats at Walden Grove, a 126-unit apartment complex (click on the above photo to see an image) for which units rent from $1,000 to $1,600.  Walden Village has one unit left for sale, and the first residents are now moving into The Flats.

The full story is currently behind the paywall at Nashville Post:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/economic-development/article/20980748/trevecca-wants-to-aid-in-murfreesboro-pikes-future

Travecca campus looking NW towards downtown:

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 8.19.33 AM.png

Some of Walden Flats:

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 8.19.49 AM.png

• Like 2

Chicago-based developer AJ Capital Partners announced Oct. 26 a 5,800-square-foot lease for Dream Technologies, a Nashville-based firm that provides telehealth, robotics and artificial intelligence services.

Other tenants committed to May Hosiery include SouthComm Inc. and Tuck-Hinton Architects, as well as Chicago-based restaurant Parson's and The Blockhouse, a high-end men's salon.

Overall, 41 percent of the 140,000-square-feet of commercial space at May Hosiery is leased, Sehgal said.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/10/27/wedgewood-houston-project-adds-tech-firm-to.html

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 8.32.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 8.32.44 AM.png

• Like 4

An affiliate of developer Eakin Partners LLC has paid $2.65 million for 3.5 acres at Grassmere Business Park in south Nashville with plans for a new office building.

Upon completion, that new three-story, 63,000-square-foot building planned at 652 Grassmere Park would be the fifth owned by an Eakin-affiliated entity at that office-industrial park.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/10/31/eakin-partners-new-south-nashville-office-building-grassmere-park/815274001/

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 6.31.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 6.31.43 AM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashwatcher said:

Speaking of this area, why does the interstate only connect on one side? Are there plans to ever make it so you can get on and off on both sides?

The "other side" is the partial interchange at Hermitage Avenue and Fairfield Avenue. Ramps from I-40 westbound to Fesslers and from Fesslers to I-40 eastbound would be too close to the I-40/I-24/I-440 interchange.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

The "other side" is the partial interchange at Hermitage Avenue and Fairfield Avenue. Ramps from I-40 westbound to Fesslers and from Fesslers to I-40 eastbound would be too close to the I-40/I-24/I-440 interchange.

IMO...the entire I-40 area from the 24 split going to Atlanta all the way around the downtown loop could really use some interchange updates.  It's basically the same as it was 30 years ago.  We could use some stacks similar to the White Bridge Road area to help with some of the congestion.

• Like 4

On 10/12/2017 at 2:35 PM, PaulChinetti said:

Renovations have started on 308 Chestnut Street, looks like it's going to be office space. I found these drawings for it.

It's a cool little building on what will be a busy street if Outpost Nashville ever gets started.

"-Complete remodel of building -2,542 SF first floor & 1,070 SF second floor -Potential mezzanine & open floor plan -19 on-site parking spaces -Hard corner lot -Creative office preferred -Restaurant possible -Corner of 3rd Ave S and Chestnut St."

Another updated picture.

308Chestnut.jpg

• Like 3

Homebuilder Bill Hostettler and other investors have paid nearly $1 million for 9.6 acres on Nolensville Pike in Antioch where the current zoning allows for up to 90 residences. Tennessee Bank & Trust was the seller of the vacant rural land at 6433 Nolensville Pike.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/11/03/homebuilder-buys-antioch-site-zoned-up-90-condos/828865001/

• Like 1

The Franklin office of Boyle Investment Co. is seeking Metro approval related to a proposed 120,000-square-foot office building, to be located off Old Hickory Boulevard and Interstate 65, Nashville Business Journal reports.

The Metro Planning Commission will vote on the site plan on Thursday, Dec. 14, the paper reports.

• 3 weeks later...

A Nashville hotelier has paid $1.95 million for 1.6 acres at 76 Lafayette St., across from the Cameron College Prep charter school, with future development plans.

The purchase expands Sanjay D. Patel's holdings in the area near the Napier and Sudekum public housing apartments, which are expected to be redeveloped into a mixed-income community. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/11/28/hotelier-buys-lafayette-street-sitew-bet-napier-sudekum-redevelopment-south-nashville-apartments-sol/902871001/

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 8.25.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 8.30.04 AM.png

• Like 2